+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Judith Light? For real? LOVE her! All the way back to her overweight days playing Karen Wolek on One Life to Live in the 70's! I always said she was THEEEE best crier in all of daytime and she's had such a remarkable career
    No to one up you but I remember her in the mid to late 60s when she was a member of my local reperatory theater group. She was young, beautiful, and a wonderful actress.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Watched tonight's show and it's still as good as it was in the first season of the restart. Some things have thrown me a bit for a loop as I missed the first episode of the new season last week, but it wasn't too hard to get back into it.

That said - you can see quite clearly that Hagman was not doing well by then. While acting wise he did very well, you can almost tell they were starting to put on more and more makeup on him because he looked like he was wearing it. Still - you have to give him huge kudos and respect in that he could still play a mean son of a gun even fighting his last fight with throat cancer.

I was annoyed by one tiny detail - I don't know of many people in Dallas - the real one - with that heavy of a Texas accent. Some of the new characters/guest stars have it, and it annoyed me just a little bit.
    Ellen, cablejockey and inthegarden like this.

I loved where Bobby went to JR for some help. JR probably wont live long enough to really do much--I notice he does a lot of his scenes sitting down now--but it made a great scene. Anne shooting her ex reminded me of the old days on the show, where anything could happen and did!
    inthegarden and jucamer like this.

Larry Hagman filmed 6 episodes this season, so we've only got three more left That probably means that JR will die in episode 7. I'm really going to miss him. JR is so deliciously evil.

I'm so disappointed in Ann. I was really hoping that her trump card was Emma listening in from the other room. Now there's no way Emma will ever accept her.
    jucamer likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Larry Hagman filmed 6 episodes this season, so we've only got three more left That probably means that JR will die in episode 7. I'm really going to miss him. JR is so deliciously evil.

I'm so disappointed in Ann. I was really hoping that her trump card was Emma listening in from the other room. Now there's no way Emma will ever accept her.
    OMG, did you see that??? What was Ann thinking???

I wonder what JR has up his sleeve for Pamela? This should be very interesting.

Re JR's final scenes...I don't even want to think about it.
    jucamer likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I agree - to a point. There is nothing to say that Emma and Ann reconcile during and after the funeral... which would in turn lead to another fight and possibly revenge when Emma finds out the truth about Ann.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Great show this week. Wonder how Bobby / Anne are going to get out of the Harris shooting. I was surprised that Harris is still alive. I thought for sure he died from that gun shot. Judith Light is wonderful to watch. Now that I've had a couple of weeks to digest the concept of her being Harris' mother, I can kind of see it now. She's so riveting to watch in any role, and this role is no different.

It's hard to keep all the Christopher / Pamela / Elena / John Ross story lines and plot twists straight sometime, but I suppose that's what keeps us all interested.
    Dragonlady and inthegarden like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I get so sad everytime I watch JR this season. I wonder if Bobby going to JR for help, will be a way for JR to redeem himself before his last episode? I'm sure that JR's final episode will be a classic JR ending. So bittersweet.

I was disappointed in Ann too. I was hoping that she would win Emma over by kindness, instead of becoming exactly what her ex and MIL said she was.
    Being from the south, it has always been a pet peeve of mine how actors/actresses butcher the southern accent. There are so many different accents in the south and they vary from state to state and can vary from one location to the next in the same state.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    ...it has always been a pet peeve of mine how actors/actresses butcher the southern accent. There are so many different accents in the south and they vary from state to state and can vary from one location to the next in the same state.
    I suspect that actors/agents/studios don't do their research when hiring dialect coaches. Or the actors are bad students of good coaches.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Being from the south, it has always been a pet peeve of mine how actors/actresses butcher the southern accent. There are so many different accents in the south and they vary from state to state and can vary from one location to the next in the same state.
    Never mind that the ones in "Dallas" have the WRONG accent for that particular region. Their accents are bordering West Texas, not Central.
    inthegarden likes this.

+ Reply to Thread