+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    Oh my goodness, it is good already. They also addressed JR/ Larry Hagman dying at the very first. So good.
    Is this on tonight? (West Coast here...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I just came here to revive this thread. Sooo good!!! Secrets, lies, videotapes, backstabbings, double-crossings galore! Lol Can't wait to see what else season 2 will bring.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I did find it annoying that Judith Light was cast as Mitch Pileggi's mother! To me they are about the same age!! Typicical casting nonsense.
    Otherwise the show is fun with the writing just as good as before!

I did find it annoying that Judith Light was cast as Mitch Pileggi's mother! To me they are about the same age!! Typicical casting nonsense.

Dallas (2012 TV series)

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Dear God, you're right... I forgot about that whole Judith Light casting idea. I couldn't wrap my head around that at all. The two actors look approximately the same age, not to mention Judith barely looks a day over sixty so it was a little difficult to take her seriously as Harris' mother. I do love Judith Light however so I am tickled pink she'll be doing a stint on the show. I just think she could have been used better in a different role, like, say I dunno, maybe JR's long lost equally as conniving, power hungry sister or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judith Light is such a fantastic actress that I'm putting on the blinders regarding the age thing. She will play one.mean.witch. extremely well. However, I do agree with you that she could have played that sort of role with another age appropriate character.

Delighted with the first episodes of this season. This show is so darn good! The first episode's opening credits listed Jessie Metcaff's name first and the second had Josh Henderson in that prime spot. Interesting! (Probably part of their contract(s).)

Larry Hagman will be dearly missed....
    bee stung lips likes this.

The season premiere episodes were awesome! I thought I was going to be disappointed but not at all. I love how everyone seems to keep one upping one another. It was so entertaining to watch. Can't wait for more!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I just got caught up today....so much stuff on my DVR, so little time to watch. Judith Light will do great with the role, but it bugs me that she's only 3 years IRL older than Mitch Pillegi. Heck, she's about the same age as Patrick Duffy...only about a month older, according to IMDb.

I love the delicious twists, turns, backstabbing, double crossing, and the best thing about this version of the show (as I remember...and it's been A WHILE, like while my age was in single digits) is that it's a hell of a lot faster moving. I'd call it a guilty pleasure, but I'm only guilty of time shifting it to Saturdays, like I did with AHS:Asylum, so I can give it the attention I want to. I have to say that I'm not all that affected by celebrity deaths, but knowing Larry Hagman isn't going to make it through this season kinda bummed me a bit. He gave such a great performance in JR (as well as other roles, but this is the Dallas thread) and I'll miss his sweet evil.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I have to say that I'm not all that affected by celebrity deaths, but knowing Larry Hagman isn't going to make it through this season kinda bummed me a bit. He gave such a great performance in JR (as well as other roles, but this is the Dallas thread) and I'll miss his sweet evil.
    I'm with you on this. I don't normally lament for deceased celebrities either but I consider Larry Hagman's death to be a great loss. Like everyone else, I've loved him for years and for me, his portrayal of JR Ewing personified what a TV villian should be, and in imo will go down as the greatest, TV villian of all time. So sad he's gone. but for me, his memory will live on through Dallas.

That said, I am BEYOND excited for this season!
    PhoneGrrrl and jucamer like this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Judith Light is such a fantastic actress that I'm putting on the blinders regarding the age thing. She will play one.mean.witch. extremely well. However, I do agree with you that she could have played that sort of role with another age appropriate character.

Delighted with the first episodes of this season. This show is so darn good! The first episode's opening credits listed Jessie Metcaff's name first and the second had Josh Henderson in that prime spot. Interesting! (Probably part of their contract(s).)

Larry Hagman will be dearly missed....
    Yes, an individual actor's billing is part of the contract. It seems they feel it is quite an important point... though as a viewer I could hardly care less.

Judith Light? For real? LOVE her! All the way back to her overweight days playing Karen Wolek on One Life to Live in the 70's! I always said she was THEEEE best crier in all of daytime and she's had such a remarkable career

Excellent start to the season though I was not pleased with how Annie approached reconnecting with her daughter. Seemed so odd to me. But other than that, I'm all in!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread