+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

It's typical for production companies to be insured against loss... this often requires types of insurance for some of the key performers (these kinds of secondary insurance often involve health exams and/or binders/bonds). I would imagine with all her problems, every single production Lindsay Lohan is involved in takes out some kind of seriously high falutin insurance policy on her so that in the event she does something stooopid (again) which gets her incarcerated (again) and production is scrapped (again) they're not financially screwed. In hiring someone with severe health problems, like Larry Hagman, I would think Warner Bros., TNT, etc all had policies on him which required a physical exam or medical attestation. Even if he wasn't all that forthcoming with everyone about his medical situation, I can't possibly believe the production company behind Dallas didn't know what they were dealing with. It's always a potential any lead can pass away unexpectedly at any time but given his health and age, it was perhaps more of a possibility with Larry Hagman.

As an aside, the original matriarch was Miss Ellie and patriarch was Jock.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    ...As an aside, the original matriarch was Miss Ellie...
    ...played by Barbara Bel Geddes?
    (I suppose I could IMDb this...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I seem to remember them writing in the death of Jock Ewing in the original series after actor Jim Davis died of cancer, but they didn't do it right away. They kept the character out of the country somewhere for about a year and then wrote Jock dying in a plane crash. I always liked Jim Davis as Jock and then they waited a while and brought in the drool worthy Howard Keel (what a great baritone voice he had) as Miss Ellie's new love interest.
    Cootie and tapper01 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I think they knew PWS, but only because of his past health issues (I think the liver transplant was due to liver cancer if not cirrhosis).

That said, I doubt they'd also write him out prematurely - he's probably the best known character out there internationally with the exception of maybe the Doctor in "Doctor Who" and Alexis in the "Dynasty" fame. Why INTENTIONALLY write out one of your prime moneymakers for the show? What's why I said they wrote scenes with the possibility of being written around - especially after the one actor died in the original run of the show (Ellen Sue? - the matriarch of the family's - husband).
    Think you were thinking of Sue Ellen, JR's wife.

Good point about the insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Think you were thinking of Sue Ellen, JR's wife.

Good point about the insurance.
    Oh, thanks to both you and Marlena. Been a while since I've seen the original show so names got a bit confusing to me.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Have you guys seen/read this... season 2 is just one month away!!! Click here for the link

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

I just saw a promo/holiday commercial for Dallas last night that made me laugh. It was set to the tune of "Jingle Bells" and for each note there was a shot of a scene where one cast member was slapping another, interspersed with short cuts of characters saying things like "You're drunk!" and "Shut up!" At the very end, there was just the words Peace and Love from Dallas (or something like that) across the screen. It was so the direct opposite of the typically sappy, happy family Christmas commercials and so fitting for the way the families on Dallas have traditionally gotten along that it was exactly right.
    Ellen and cablejockey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Have you guys seen/read this... season 2 is just one month away!!! Click here for the link
    YAY, MONDAY, JANUARY 28th 9PM. A two hour Premier! YAY!
    On TNT!
    KAREN

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Can't. Wait.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Does anyone know how many episodes Larry Hagman will be in for the new season?

+ Reply to Thread