+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 387
Like Tree401Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

  1. #201
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,750

    Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

    I can only hope the show will continue and still be a success. I really do.
    tapper01, jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  2. #202
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,262

    Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

    So sad about losing Larry H. as an actor... and apparently he was a really nice guy as well. I know, there's a thread for the death of celebs, but seems appropriate to say something here. Going to take some really creative cutting and rewriting..I don't envy the writers.
    bee stung lips and tapper01 like this.

  3. #203
    FORT Fogey march's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    868

    Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

    R.I.P. Larry H.
    I did read an article yesterday that said that he had 6 eposides taped for the new season. it will be interesting to see what they do now.
    jucamer likes this.

  4. #204
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,741

    Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

    Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    R.I.P. Larry H.
    I did read an article yesterday that said that he had 6 eposides taped for the new season. it will be interesting to see what they do now.
    As in most soap operas JR will arise from the dead or near death experience but it will be revealed later on that it really was his secret even more evil twin Willis who was supposedly died in childbirth but was secretly stolen by a desperate nurse seeking to supplement her income and sold on the black market to a rich and twisted but childless couple in Croatia.
    jadewarlock likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  5. #205
    FORT Fogey captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    4,385

    Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

    You are close Bearcata, but you forgot the shower dream scene.
    There's no place like home!

  6. #206
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,854

    Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    As in most soap operas JR will arise from the dead or near death experience but it will be revealed later on that it really was his secret even more evil twin Willis who was supposedly died in childbirth but was secretly stolen by a desperate nurse seeking to supplement her income and sold on the black market to a rich and twisted but childless couple in Croatia.
    I'd watch.
    LOL!
    Ellen likes this.

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  7. #207
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,049

    Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

    Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    You are close Bearcata, but you forgot the shower dream scene.
    I think Bearcata's would've made more sense compared to what they did do back then.

    It's sad that Hagman passed away - he was a very good actor and fought many battles and won (liver transplant), and still works while fighting throat cancer. Still - it's not every day an actor could say he got to play an iconic role not just once but twice.

    As far as how they'll work around it - honestly, I've had a feeling for some time they have had something set up to where they could quickly change the plot should Hagman die while the show was still being produced. I've read many people saying it would be in bad taste for Hagman to have a "JR dies" scene because it'd be insensitive; however, I wonder if he did consider the possibility given how they had him "go on a business trip" and the like in obviously flashing red lights and sirens the script version of "rides that a main character usually dies in" aircraft.

    (BTW, I apologize if I do seem a bit insensitive here. The only reason I'm even saying it is just that with scenes he played last season I just had this feeling they were filming scenes that could quickly be adapted to where JR could be written out and then they reshoot new scenes.)

  8. #208
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,750

    Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

    (BTW, I apologize if I do seem a bit insensitive here. The only reason I'm even saying it is just that with scenes he played last season I just had this feeling they were filming scenes that could quickly be adapted to where JR could be written out and then they reshoot new scenes.)
    I absolutely agree with you. I had been thinking that too.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  9. #209
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,262

    Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

    I hope they use as much as they can....otherwise I see a great blackmarket in the "lost" JR scenes! Or maybe they will be extras in DVDs.
    I did read that Hagman concealed from a lot of people how dire his state was,so a number were quite surprised at his death. I would think he would tell the showrunners what was going on, but maybe not if he didn't want to be written out "prematurely".
    I agree with jadewarlock that he did have a full life professionally. Who would have thunk someone who first gained fame in I Dream of Jeanie would go on to play one of TVs best villians. RIP indeed, LH.
    tapper01 and jucamer like this.

  10. #210
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,049

    Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I hope they use as much as they can....otherwise I see a great blackmarket in the "lost" JR scenes! Or maybe they will be extras in DVDs.
    I did read that Hagman concealed from a lot of people how dire his state was,so a number were quite surprised at his death. I would think he would tell the showrunners what was going on, but maybe not if he didn't want to be written out "prematurely".
    I agree with jadewarlock that he did have a full life professionally. Who would have thunk someone who first gained fame in I Dream of Jeanie would go on to play one of TVs best villians. RIP indeed, LH.
    I think they knew PWS, but only because of his past health issues (I think the liver transplant was due to liver cancer if not cirrhosis).

    That said, I doubt they'd also write him out prematurely - he's probably the best known character out there internationally with the exception of maybe the Doctor in "Doctor Who" and Alexis in the "Dynasty" fame. Why INTENTIONALLY write out one of your prime moneymakers for the show? What's why I said they wrote scenes with the possibility of being written around - especially after the one actor died in the original run of the show (Ellen Sue? - the matriarch of the family's - husband).

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.