+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree401Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

I have a few potentials (in spoilers)

Click to see Spoiler:
    Rumor had it that the original three would eventually leave - though that was a rumor. I could see the cancer bit being an out for Duffy in case he wanted to leave. That said we are talking about the same guy who got KILLED off originally in "Dallas" but wanted back in so they did that season as a "dream" Bobby's wife had.

I DO however think with JR's storyline as it is they'll finding a way to keep ends open enough should Hagman have to quit the show due to his cancer fight - or worse we have another Jim Davis event and he passes (Note I'm not wishing the worst, this did however happen in the original show). He was undergoing some treatment I think during filming, hence his "traveling."

On the Rebecca/Tommy bit - something tells me one or the other is hit and the twins will be affected by it. This will break the camaraderie undergoing at South Fork between John Ross and Christopher and we're at it again.

Will say though this season is living up to what I remember of the original show.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

The reason the show is working so well for me is the integration between vets and newbies. If Sue Ellen, Bobby, and JR all leave, than the show will lose its appeal to me. It is like All My Children, they took the vets out, and the show lost all appeal until it was cancelled.
    jucamer likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Oh my what a good episode this week! Too bad there's only one more episode left for this season...went by way too quick, imo
    tapper01, jucamer and OceanView like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I agree. The best part of this show is seeing all the oldies back for another turn. I like the newbies but it will take a couple seasons to really care what happens to most of them.

What about Sue Ellen?!? Was there any lead-up to her campaigning for governor? That was just totally off the wall. She doesn't have a legal background, does she? All I rememer was her being a lush on the old show. It's like a story line that was created and destroyed all in one or two episodes.
    You don't need a legal background to run for governor... hell, look at Arnold Schwarzenegger! He was elected governor of California and lord knows he doesn't have any legal background whatosever! LOL!
    Alexxxx and OceanView like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    The reason the show is working so well for me is the integration between vets and newbies. If Sue Ellen, Bobby, and JR all leave, than the show will lose its appeal to me. It is like All My Children, they took the vets out, and the show lost all appeal until it was cancelled.
    Leading up the premiere episode, all 3 did lots of press. The main reason they all decided to do it was because they knew they'd never have a chance to work together again like they once did, as the same characters. Barring any real life health issues I can't imagine the producers/writers killing off any of the the 3 main characters. They seem to have remained very good friends over the years and know how good they had it, none will have it that good again.

I opted to not watch due to a couple of reasons: many shows have rarely recaptured that "something" that made it such a great show the first time and that many shows I have watched ended their run way too soon. I'm tired of investing in something that won't last through one TV cycle, sometimes that ends up only being 3 episodes. If it lasts and the reviews here keep sounding great, there is always the option of renting the DVD.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

The season finale is this week, and they've been signed for another season.

I was loving that the show came back but my goodness it's so "dark"! Is there never a normal moment? So much double crossing and terrible stuff going on. Not just the shenanigans of JR and the normal disparages of life as in the original show such as alcoholism, cheating on spouses, land grabs, jealousy, illegitimate surprise children that sort of thing. This is much darker and anxiety producing scary stuff! The Elana story is just crazy. Bed hoping between cousins is sort of not cool. The one person I really like is Rebecca and they have her as a horrible villain. I just hate that because she is seemingly a nice person who has gotten herself in over her head. The storyline on her is crazy!!!

Who called it? Cliff Barnes???
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Now that was a great season finale. It almost feels like this whole season has been a prequel to next season's premier of the new generation of Ewings. Now everybody is in place and ready to go head-to-head, or toe-to-toe, whatever it takes. The music at the end was awesome.

I'm still flummoxed about Sue Ellen running for governor. I mean, reallyyyyyy?

I wonder what Ms. Barnes' first name is?
    OceanView likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I think it is Rebecca...like her granny
    Lizard, Alexxxx and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread