+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

FORT Fogey

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Linda Gray is 73 What!! She looks amazing for any age let alone that one wow.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    According to all the reports about why she hasn't signed on to come back for the new show, it has nothing to do with being a diva. She's managing an empire of skin care products, cosmetics, or whatever it is she's selling all over the place, and is doing very well with it. She says that's where her life is now, not acting. Whether she decides to make a cameo down the line, who knows?
    I agree - you go with where the money is (to probably misquote JR there ). That said, I have read reports that the producers have left the door open for her to appear in a cameo or smaller role in the future if she so chose.

There was an episode tonight, and it was very good. That said, since many may not have seen it due to July 4 festivities, I'm staying mum right now.

Let's just say though - it's good to see the darker side of the characters now.

I think Larry Hagman found out in the middle of taping this season that his cancer had returned. I think that's why he left on last night's episode . I have seen him recently on some talk shows though & he looks pretty good - I hope he's OK - he really has had a tough life (health wise).

Sorry to hear that Larry Hagman is suffering from cancer! He is the center of this show thru which all plotting and scheming come. Hope he is not gone off the show for too long.

I don't think Hagman is gone from the show. In the interview I saw with him, he said he was fine during filming, just a bit tired from the treatments. He's supposed to be on the show for at least 8 episodes this season and, since last night's episode was #5, we should see him in a few more before the season's over.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't think Hagman is gone from the show. In the interview I saw with him, he said he was fine during filming, just a bit tired from the treatments. He's supposed to be on the show for at least 8 episodes this season and, since last night's episode was #5, we should see him in a few more before the season's over.
    That's good to hear - he is the main reason I watch the show
    cablejockey and mom2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    That's what I read too - that said, I bet they're doing potentials just in case something did happen in order to keep the show going without JR. (maybe a bit like what they had to do after Jim Davis died early on in the show run. That said, a better example is after Ann Cabot died about midway through "Hotel's" run - there they were able to work it where Peter takes over and Christine also gets boosted up as a manager.)

It can work without him, but it would take a knock. This doesn't mean I think the worst will happen; however, after seeing so many beloved actors pass in the past few years... they have to be prepared.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I sure hope he's not gone that long, because I need my weekly JR fix.
    jucamer likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I was hesitant in watching the reboot but I'm sure glad I decided to check it out because I've been very entertained!

Ok, so quick question. Am I the only one that can't help but always stare at that scar between the eyes of the young lady that plays Chris' wife? I'm sorry but I can't help but watch between her eyes whenever she's in a scene. Also Jordanna Brewster needs to gain a few pounds. I think she's way too thin.
    Ellen and bee stung lips like this.

FORT Fogey

I can't get past JR's eyebrows. I keep waiting for them to start flapping and for JR to take flight around the room.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread