+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    As cynical as I've been about this reboot, I have been watching and I'll admit to getting a little goosebumpie with the theme played for the first time.
    Hearing the opening them makes me TOTALLY "goosebumpie" as you put it...lol. Takes me way back to 1983-ish when I was just a 14 - 15 year-oldish fanatic of this show. I love that they didn't make the opening theme was ultra modern take on the original theme, but kept it true to what it was.

And dang, I loves me JR. Forgot just how conniving and evil he can be. This week his evilness was out full force. Can't wait for next week's episode.
    mountaingirl70, Cootie and jucamer like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Anyone know why Victoria Principal isn't involved in the show? Did they not want her? Didn't ask her? It's been so long, but I can't remember if Bobby and Pam split up on the old show. I like Brenda Strong, but I'd love to see VP on this show.
    From what I've gathered, it seems she wanted off the original show back in the day and she wanted nothing to do with the new show. EW (print version--their website has a few too many ad-ins for me to tolerate) had a pretty big spread on the new show a couple of weeks back and they specifically mentioned that she wanted no part of the interview or to even comment for the article.

Thanks for the info, PG. I wonder why she has such strong feelings about the show. It's the only reason she had a career, imo. Maybe she doesn't want people to see and comment on how much horrible plastic surgery she's had.

I wonder if she's regretting her decision now that the show seems to be a hit.
    bee stung lips and jucamer like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks for the info, PG. I wonder why she has such strong feelings about the show. It's the only reason she had a career, imo. Maybe she doesn't want people to see and comment on how much horrible plastic surgery she's had.

Geez...I just Googled Victoria Principal and I see what you mean about the plastic surgery. Her face looks downright awful. Like her skin has been stretched way beyond its capacity. The irony of it all, is she's supposed to be some sort of skin care guru with her own line of skin care products, if I recall correctly. Now on the other hand, Linda Gray looks amazing for seventy-three years of age.
    jucamer likes this.

IIRC, she's married or was married to a plastic surgeon. Apparently, he took his wife to work. It's a shame. She used to be so attractive. Surely having wrinkles is better than looking like a plastic marionette.
    tapper01 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I watched a couple of the round up shows that are on the net after the show airs on Wed nights...they brought Victoria Principal up on one of them and said she didn't want to do the show
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

IIRC, she's married or was married to a plastic surgeon. Apparently, he took his wife to work. It's a shame. She used to be so attractive. Surely having wrinkles is better than looking like a plastic marionette.
    Exactly. I'd rather have wrinkles and at least still look like myself as opposed to having a face that looks like it's been frozen in time.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Now on the other hand, Linda Gray looks amazing for seventy-three years of age.
    Yes, she does! I would never have guessed her age.

FORT Fanatic

I read that she left the original show because she wanted the same pay as JR. Talk about fame going to your head. Who even heard of her before Dallas put her on the map? As for her and her plastic surgery. She did marry a plastic surgeon and I would love to see what she has morphed into now. LOL I also read an article by a new cast member, and he said some have hopes she will come back. Personally, I think that would be great for the show if she did. But she is very diva-like, for no apparent reason. JMO So who knows? I love this new Dallas!!! So glad it's back!!! I wish my parents were alive to watch it. It was quite the show when we sat down to watch it together.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

According to all the reports about why she hasn't signed on to come back for the new show, it has nothing to do with being a diva. She's managing an empire of skin care products, cosmetics, or whatever it is she's selling all over the place, and is doing very well with it. She says that's where her life is now, not acting. Whether she decides to make a cameo down the line, who knows?

+ Reply to Thread