+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree391Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Quote Originally Posted by Raye6696 View Post
    I am of the "younger" generation watching this, due to my parents being die hard fans in the 80's. I was too little to watch it then but have seen most of the seasons on DVD. I love the twists and turns of this show.
    I am currently re-watching season 14 since I couldn't remember how it ended in the 90's.

Some thoughts - I don't know if they mean anything but they are questions that I have in regards to the old version vs. the new:

JR had a son that was older than John Ross named James Beaumont - what happened to him?

JR was married to Callie for a time and I think she was pregnant - I don't recall the baby ever being on the show just that she had mentioned raising the child when speaking with James Beaumont - could the baby be back as a "new" character?

Bobby had a child - Lucas - with Jenna Wade but he left with Jenna and Ray Krebbs when they went to Europe - we saw Ray at the Christopher/Rebecca wedding but I don't recall a mention of Jenna, her daughter Charlie or Lucas.

Cliff Barnes had a child with Afton Sheppard - could she be Rebecca? Carrying on the Barnes/Ewing fued??
    I also brought up these two boys a while back and I don't know yet if they will come into play but it seems to me that they could play it either way...either they are gonna pretend that Chris and Jon are the only 2 sons that matter or 1 or both of them could be in contact with a brother(S) and be in cahoots with 1 or both of them and we just don't know it yet
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

As cynical as I've been about this reboot, I have been watching and I'll admit to getting a little goosebumpie with the theme played for the first time.

There's some good info on Wiki, including family trees. It's been so long, I needed a little refresher course! : Dallas (1978 TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

it just started but I think now I see a big difference between JR and Jon....Jon seems to play his card fast and doesn't hold anything back whereas JR would only play one at a time and lay down fake ones
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    As cynical as I've been about this reboot, I have been watching and I'll admit to getting a little goosebumpie with the theme played for the first time.

There's some good info on Wiki, including family trees. It's been so long, I needed a little refresher course! : Dallas (1978 TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    OMG Critical I was thinking the same thing when the theme song played tonight! I am loving this show and there will be lots of old familiar faces on tonight!!!

I watched the first three episodes on the weekend, then played the Dallas theme song in my head multiple times in the last three days! Tonight's show was not as crazy as the last few, but I know some action lies ahead. That dang JR, he is still running the show, or at least he thinks he is!
    jucamer likes this.

is anyone surprised that JR is gonna screw Jon over...lol thats classic Dallas but since they have been changing things to me it would have been more of a shock if JR didn't screw Jon over..that would leave someone like me in conflict over his character

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Reading posts I was getting so confused on who Jon was.. took me a moment, John Ross.. lol. I can't ever think of him as just John, John Ross being such an iconic name because of this show. Hes got some big sho.. err.. boots to fill. I like Josh Henderson, but I am having a hard time seeing him as JRs son. Maybe its just the actor's looks, it feels disconnected to me is all. Also, I love Linda Grey, but sheesh she looks like the crypt keeper in some scenes!! Ease up on the dark eye make up, makes her eyes look so sunk in.

I like this show.. don't think I love it and not sure I can or ever will. I was such a huge fan of the first incarnation of Dallas that no matter how I try not to I want to keep comparing it to its "big daddy". I don't think the Desperate Housewives reunion helps me either. As much as I liked Josh on DH as Austin, I didn't like Jesse Metcalfe on there at all.. and don't like him here. He comes off as a whiner and too naive, I wanted more for Bobby's son. And each time I hear Brenda Strong's voice, I can't help but feel it should be a voice over lol. Maybe I am being nit-picky because of my devotion to the old show.. but some stuff is just too forced while other stuff feels disconnected. I am not gonna give up an i hope that it all comes together.

I agree Crit, the Theme gets me a bit giddy too. I dance a little in my seat each time I hear it
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Reading posts I was getting so confused on who Jon was.. took me a moment, John Ross.. lol. I can't ever think of him as just John, John Ross being such an iconic name because of this show. Hes got some big sho.. err.. boots to fill. I like Josh Henderson, but I am having a hard time seeing him as JRs son. Maybe its just the actor's looks, it feels disconnected to me is all. Also, I love Linda Grey, but sheesh she looks like the crypt keeper in some scenes!! Ease up on the dark eye make up, makes her eyes look so sunk in.
    They must've gotten the same makeup artist who did Pamela Bellwood's makeup on "Dynasty." I know white eye shadow was popular back then, but with as much as they put on her, she looked like she was high some times (and I thought she was very good in her role in the show).

I like this show.. don't think I love it and not sure I can or ever will. I was such a huge fan of the first incarnation of Dallas that no matter how I try not to I want to keep comparing it to its "big daddy". I don't think the Desperate Housewives reunion helps me either. As much as I liked Josh on DH as Austin, I didn't like Jesse Metcalfe on there at all.. and don't like him here. He comes off as a whiner and too naive, I wanted more for Bobby's son. And each time I hear Brenda Strong's voice, I can't help but feel it should be a voice over lol. Maybe I am being nit-picky because of my devotion to the old show.. but some stuff is just too forced while other stuff feels disconnected. I am not gonna give up an i hope that it all comes together.

I agree Crit, the Theme gets me a bit giddy too. I dance a little in my seat each time I hear it
    I do agree on Jesse - while I think he has improved quite a bit, he does have tendencies to sound like his character of Miguel on "Passions." Josh Henderson is a lot more believable as JR's son.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Also, I love Linda Grey, but sheesh she looks like the crypt keeper in some scenes!! Ease up on the dark eye make up, makes her eyes look so sunk in.
    It really struck me in the scene in Sue Ellen's office with Cliff and JR....she looked great in the first episode, but there was something off with the lighting and too harsh makeup on all three of them. Linda Grey deserves a better make-up artist!

In other news, the show was picked up for a second run of 15 episodes. ‘Dallas’ Renewed for Second Season by TNT - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

I think I'd be just as happy - or happier, really - if TNT just aired the old series instead!

Anyone know why Victoria Principal isn't involved in the show? Did they not want her? Didn't ask her? It's been so long, but I can't remember if Bobby and Pam split up on the old show. I like Brenda Strong, but I'd love to see VP on this show.

I know it's been a lot of years, but I barely recognized Ken Kerchival. It wasn't until Bobby introduced Cliff that I knew for sure it was him. It seems like the whole shape of his head has changed. Maybe it's just that he's so gaunt now.
    jucamer likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread