+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Re: Dallas (2012 TV series)

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Wasn't Rebecca Cliff & Pam's mother's name???
    yes it was
    jucamer likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Yes, that was pointed out upthread.
    Sorry I have a habit of writing while reading the thread instead of reading it all and then writing - oh well...

FORT Fogey

It would be cool if Rebecca turned out to be Pam's daughter. Just watched Weds night's episode and it looked to me like she and Cliff Barnes exchanged a knowing look when they supposedly "met" in his hotel room.
    cablejockey and Cootie like this.

I watched all three episodes this weekend and got sucked in all over again! I was in such a different time in my life when the original show had me glued to the set. But now, being older and presumably wiser, I am still pulled into wondering what is going to happen next! I hope each week brings surprises. It is great fun to see the oldsters...JR's eyebrows caught my attention - they looked like little horns! Can't wait for the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    and since TNT is running a contest on who will rise to power...I take ANN and her SHOTGUN anyday that woman loves her gun
    Actually, it's a rifle...I only know this because I have the exact same one....stole it from my DH when we got married and did some target shooting...a first for me...never handled a gun before. Just fell in love with "Old Betsy" as I call it.

I really like Ann as Bobby's wife...I still think of her as poor old dead Mary Alice on Desperate Housewives.

Am loving this show...but I'm afraid they're just setting us up and will eliminate all the oldsters, thinking that we just want to see the youngsters continue in the same fashion.
    I love seeing the old characters in the show.
    I love that JR is just as evil as he used to be and Bobby is just as peaceful and caring as before.
    Great to see Cliff.
    It totally keeps me involved and enjoying it. Just hoping and praying they continue the way it is now....how great would it be to have old folks have really prominent parts...doesn't often happen unless it's a comedy like Golden Girls.
    Can you tell I love it??!!
    cablejockey, Cootie and jucamer like this.

I don't see them totally eliminating the older ones...I mean its not Dallas if JR is not there..lol
    mom2, Cootie and jucamer like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I love all the older established characters too! They make the show with their history and connections to each other! In time, with good storylines and development, I hope we come to love the newer characters too.

FORT Fan

I've been asking friends and family if they are watching. Invariable, those who watched it in the 1980s are the only ones watching now -- the younger generation has no interest ("Dallas? Like the city?") IMO, if the show is a success it will be because of the viewers who were crazy about the original show. To us, the older characters are the whole point -- getting rid of them would be a major mistake.

FORT Fogey

Bring on more snark between JR and SueEllen! She's the only one he has any real feelings for (way down deep inside), and she can slash him to ribbons!

FORT Newbie

I am of the "younger" generation watching this, due to my parents being die hard fans in the 80's. I was too little to watch it then but have seen most of the seasons on DVD. I love the twists and turns of this show.
    I am currently re-watching season 14 since I couldn't remember how it ended in the 90's.

Some thoughts - I don't know if they mean anything but they are questions that I have in regards to the old version vs. the new:

JR had a son that was older than John Ross named James Beaumont - what happened to him?

JR was married to Callie for a time and I think she was pregnant - I don't recall the baby ever being on the show just that she had mentioned raising the child when speaking with James Beaumont - could the baby be back as a "new" character?

Bobby had a child - Lucas - with Jenna Wade but he left with Jenna and Ray Krebbs when they went to Europe - we saw Ray at the Christopher/Rebecca wedding but I don't recall a mention of Jenna, her daughter Charlie or Lucas.

Cliff Barnes had a child with Afton Sheppard - could she be Rebecca? Carrying on the Barnes/Ewing fued??

+ Reply to Thread