+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Falling Skies (TNT)

Falling Skies (TNT)

Where the cancelled V left us stranded, the new TNT series Falling Skies promises to take us forward into the alien battle. Starring Noah Wylie (The Librarian) it centers on the resistance fighters in the Boston area right after the invasion.

The series is produced by Steven Spielberg and Dreamworks.

Premiere: June 19, 10/9central (a Sunday)

TNT - Falling Skies: Home
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Falling Skies (TNT)

I am looking forward to this as well as MTV's Teen Wolf and SyFy's Eureka and Alphas. I do think the success of Lost, Fringe, the reimaged Battlestar Galactica, The Vampire Diaries and True Blood have shown that there is an audience for science fiction and fantasy on TV.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'll be looking at this along with a few other new cable shows this summer. I don't like the vampire genre, but everything else is worth looking at and hoping for a winner. I'm also looking forward to some more Warehouse 13.

There's definitely an audience for science fiction and its fans run gamut of age ranges. It was the demands of the fans that got the Serenity movie financed after Firefly was canceled.

I still miss Farscape and Babylon 5.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'll be looking at this along with a few other new cable shows this summer. I don't like the vampire genre, but everything else is worth looking at and hoping for a winner. I'm also looking forward to some more Warehouse 13.

There's definitely an audience for science fiction and its fans run gamut of age ranges. It was the demands of the fans that got the Serenity movie financed after Firefly was canceled.

Ah, the epitome of great TV.

Did you know, Bearcata, that Wayne Pygram (Scorpius) played the faith healer on Lost that Bernard brought Rose to in Australia? (The S.O.S. episode). I did NOT recognize him without his cooling rods, but I did recognize his name in the credits.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Did you know, Bearcata, that Wayne Pygram (Scorpius) played the faith healer on Lost that Bernard brought Rose to in Australia? (The S.O.S. episode). I did NOT recognize him without his cooling rods, but I did recognize his name in the credits.
    Ah, Scorpius what a great bad guy.

I've only seen the first ten minutes but, wow, what a lot of information to absorb. Like V these lizards asked not to be destroyed as they came in peace, then they destroyed all the power structures and employed an energy bomb to wipe out all communication. Like War of the Worlds, they deployed Mechanicals and Skitters to wreak havoc on the ground. They abduct children and place them in harnesses which the human medicals try to remove but kill the children (two so far). The Boston area has a large concentration of resistant fighters who are currently being split up in groups of 100 to run for the hills. Okay - now for the next 1 hour 50 minutes. Whew!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Now that I think about it maybe the Summer TV Season is the perfect place for fantasy and scifi shows. Eureka, Warehouse 13, Haven, Alphas, The Nine Lives of Chloe King, Falling Skies. The kids are off school there is not much to watch and everyone wants some light hearted escapism and with movies becoming so expensive why not stay at home and watch new episodes of these shows. What a great idea.

And of course there is always True Blood for the adults. As well as White Collar, Royal Pains, Covert Affairs, Burn Notice and Leverage; more escapist fare. Lets not spoil it by adding the lawyer shows of Suits and Franklin and what's his name.

Franklin and Bash - fun. Don't forget the dramas The Closer and Rizzoli and Isles return next Monday. It is one FULL summer. It's amazing how many of the shows you listed that I both look forward to and watch.

BTW - I finished the premiere episode and it shows a lot of promise. By the end of the second hour the Resistance team of 100 (plus civilians) had outwitted a group of bandits and are holding the Robin Hood type leader - though he prefers post-apocalyptic warrior ala Mad Max. This show has so many reference points it's kind of fun to look for them.

I really enjoyed the second hour. I know the first hour was set up, but the second hour had some good action. I also really liked the "bad guy". He was not your typical cookie cutter bad guy.... this hsow has some promise. Though DH and I wondered how they were able to have that many people assembled out in the open and not get seen.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast