+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Falling Skies (TNT)

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Falling Skies (TNT)

I'm glad this last episode was a little better. That "Death March" episode was almost the death march of me watching this show when the entire show was some ridiculous, contrite episode of watching people drive in cars and talk about their feelings. Sheesh! If I wanted to watch something like that, I wouldn't have avoided all those family roadtrips all my life. Talk about boring!

So, we get an episode of them not fitting in with the new colony. A little better. At least things were happening. (although, it's obvious the writer's had just finished reading the Hunger Games trilogy - a little District 13 anyone?)

Hopefully, we will get some excitement in the finale. I like the show, but keep hoping it gets better.

Quick Observations:

General B - stupid a$$ - I was really angry at this character for being so short sighted and stupid and not being able to take his head out of his a$$ long enough to see the big picture. Taking a step back I took a deep breath and thought I can't believe in this day and age that you would have such and idiot be a general so I figured it was the writers being lazy and falling back to a typical stereotype of "dumb ass military officer". That could have been handled better.

Big weapon needs to be destroyed 500 miles from here and we only have 3 days to get to it and one day is wasted meeting Red Eye and having General NutCakes kill potential allies. No wonder no one trusts American soldiers if that is how they act in the field. First of all even getting their in the 2 days left after all the bitching about there being no fuel etc... The logistics just didn't make any sense.

Hal infiltrated with an alien presence, saw that one coming. I wonder if it is the "deceased" Overlord?

Glad that Ben mentioned that there are other alien species that are also harnessed besides the Skitters.

Which leads to yet another alien species landing on Earth. Seriously, can we have another species that is not reptilian in nature?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought it was a great finale! Lots of action and twists. I was kinda sad to see red-eye get killed. He sacrificed himself to help the humans. Also how awesome was it when the 2nd Mass blocked the skitters from the soldiers.
    General B - stupid a$$ - I was really angry at this character for being so short sighted and stupid and not being able to take his head out of his a$$ long enough to see the big picture.
    Really Bearcata? My first impression was yep - that's exactly how most military leaders would react. I think if this were ever the reality, American military would be shoot first, ask questions later and it's us humans against them with no grey area. I do think the general is being influenced by seeing his son killed by skitters but I also think that that would be the response no matter what.

I liked the cliffhanger with the new aliens. Now we know why the Overlord's weapon was pointed at the sky. That was to keep others OUT. But for what purpose? Are the new aliens here to get rid of the Overlords or take over???

Hal infiltrated with an alien presence, saw that one coming. I wonder if it is the "deceased" Overlord?
    Well, I think Karen did something/put that in him when she kissed him. He was conscious when she started kissing him because he was fighting her/resisting the kiss and then when she stopped he was unconscious. It may be part of the Overlord - he did seem rather easily killed.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I thought it was a great finale! Lots of action and twists. I was kinda sad to see red-eye get killed. He sacrificed himself to help the humans. Also how awesome was it when the 2nd Mass blocked the skitters from the soldiers.
    Really Bearcata? My first impression was yep - that's exactly how most military leaders would react. I think if this were ever the reality, American military would be shoot first, ask questions later and it's us humans against them with no grey area. I do think the general is being influenced by seeing his son killed by skitters but I also think that that would be the response no matter what.

I liked the cliffhanger with the new aliens. Now we know why the Overlord's weapon was pointed at the sky. That was to keep others OUT. But for what purpose? Are the new aliens here to get rid of the Overlords or take over???

Well, I think Karen did something/put that in him when she kissed him. He was conscious when she started kissing him because he was fighting her/resisting the kiss and then when she stopped he was unconscious. It may be part of the Overlord - he did seem rather easily killed.
    The 2nd Mass has been fighting Skitters for over a year they have had up close encounters never mind Tom's extended stay in Hotel Overlord. They have a link to the rebel aliens use their knowledge and experience because we all know that the Charlestonians who stayed buried underground know better then anyone else. The 2nd Mass is offering an opportunity and all General Numnuts wants to do is kill potential allies. Seriously, the aliens don't have to that subtle they have enough fire power that all they need to do is drop a bomb on the underground city and it's gone like that. The general has had time to cool his feet what he and his aid did was stupid and potentially cause harm to the human species. Really sometimes I think people are too dumb to live. Someone else said it best "a person is smart, people are stupid".

Falling Skies has been renewed for season 3.

Did anyone else think Ben's turnaround was a bit confusing? Here he is giving his dad this long emotional speech about his place is with the Skitters and unharnessed kids and pop Red Eye is dead and Ben is back with the 2nd Mass. Is he really back or does he suspect that General Bressler and some of his soldiers staged the attack against the Skitters thereby reducing their numbers and increased the number of fatalities during the mission?

I think Red Eye said something to him telepathically before he died. I think whatever it was is what caused Ben to announce he was staying with the 2nd Mass. I think we will have to see how these new aliens affect the 2nd Mass's decision to leave Charleston. If they still leave, Ben's suspicions of the General will be moot. If not, we will see if play out. I do think that the General's secret attack massacre will come to light eventually.

ETA: Some recent articles I was reading about Falling Skies

Falling Skies: Season Two Ratings

FALLING SKIES OPENS UP BIG POSSIBILITIES FOR SEASON 3
    Last edited by MiaT2; 08-22-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

Falling Skies - Season 3 2-hour premiere this Sunday, June 9 at 9pm!! (Regular time will be 10pm on Sundays)

Looks awesome! I've read a few things about what's going on this season. Some I don't love but we'll see where they go with it. I saw a few previews on TNT and there looks to be some good battles between the skitters and the humans and their new alien allies. I'm looking forward to learning more about them.
    Women are Angels.

Hot dayum! Falling Skies sure knows how to do a season premiere!! This one had everything - life, death, action, drama. It really set up the arcs for the entire season.

And hey House fans - who was amused to see Wilson guesting as the agoraphobic basement dwelling genius!! Hope we see more of him!
    Women are Angels.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I didn't recognize "Wilson"! There was something familiar about the voice, but there was so much going on I never had a chance to mull it over--thanks for that, Mia!

I missed most of last season, but had taped it when they did a big rerun just this last week, but not had a chance to watch, so was worried I wouldn't understand what was going on with the 2 hour premiere of the new season, but nope, I think I caught most of it. Still want to go back and watch the stuff I taped, but they did a good job of updating those who only watched the first season. Now a total newcomer would be in trouble I think....

+ Reply to Thread