+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Falling Skies (TNT)

Re: Falling Skies (TNT)

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Yes!! I like the new twist. And now we know for sure why the red-eye skitter was tracking them, what he was doing with Ben and why Tom wasn't killed with the rest when he was released from the ship. It was also interesting to learn a little more about the skitters' history.

I was very uncomfortable during the Tom/Weaver discussion about "having to make the hard decision" and didn't like at all where that was leading.
    I can understand that hard decision is very uncomfortable but I do understand why they did it. At this point Weaver and Tom don't believe Red Eye they think it is an elaborate ruse. After all from the human point of view (POV) all they have seen is Skitters and Mechs destroy their world and kill their friends and family. Until recently they didn't know about the Overlords and to most humans it is still human vs Skitters.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    2nd Watch | Falling Skies

The 15 minute after talk show is getting pretty good. This is the third one I have watched and the host Wil Wheaton is getting much better as a host. In fact this is the best I think he has done so far.
    Thanks for the link. I keep forgetting to watch, so this is the first time I saw it. Wil Wheaton needs to work on his fidgeting with his hands and calm down a bit, but he did okay.

I liked this episode, but I am wondering if they will ever have Maggie's character deal with being sexually used by that gang they found her with (can't remember his name).

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Thanks for the link. I keep forgetting to watch, so this is the first time I saw it. Wil Wheaton needs to work on his fidgeting with his hands and calm down a bit, but he did okay.

I liked this episode, but I am wondering if they will ever have Maggie's character deal with being sexually used by that gang they found her with (can't remember his name).
    Well, I do think blowing away her abuser was a great start.
    maude~flanders likes this.

Next weekend July 29, 2012 TNT is marathoning all of this season's episodes of Falling Skies. New episodes will be back August 5th.

I think this may have been the best Falling Skies episode since they blew up that alien tower. The hour went by so fast I wasn't ready for it to end.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Just finished watching episode 6 & 7, Homecoming and Molon Labe.

Liked the arc with Karen and the Overlord. Thank you for finally showing a non human like alien wearing clothes, it is about time. Although they did do it on Farscape. Poor Jaimal, I totally didn't expect that to happen. Chilling. Liked that Matt had a part rescuing the ladies. What I really like about this series is the strong family bond that exist between Tom and his sons. I am really glad that the actor playing Ben has grown both in his art and physically and does justice to a pivotal character. I was really cool to see him comforting his Dad during their farewell embrace. I like how that entire scene was done. I also like that this show is moving along in its overall story and while many times last year I yelled at all the characters every episode for being so stupid I haven't done so yet this season. Oh wait, there was a moment the last episode where Lourdes and Dr Glass and Matt went into the basement to collect supplies and they did not take any carts or bags or anything to carry supplies with them and I thought boy is that dumb, and why did they wait until 20 minutes before they left to go collect them when they had been staying there for 2 weeks. That totally did not make any sense.

Death March - episode 8 - August 5, 2012

I thought the title was very missleading as it really wasn't a Death March. Maybe the death of Maggie and Hal's relationship. That entire Maggie revealing that after her cancer she rejected society, lived with a dude, got high, broke into people's homes, was caught and put in to jail where she gave birth to a kid that she gave up for adoption (implied) by the time she was 18 seemed rather pointless and who cares and what does it have to do with her and Hal. The whole world was invaded by aliens and they are trying to either kill us or enslave us trumps her entire backstory. If Hal feels she is not worthy of his attentions because of that then this is the time to find out and drop the dud.

I have a feeling that Tom maybe in danger from the new government and that they may try to hurt him because of his alien encounters.

Only 2 more episodes to go to the season finale.

Yeah, Falling skies has been renewed for a third season of 10 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yeah, Falling skies has been renewed for a third season of 10 episodes.
    Yay!!! I really like this show - it's gritty and realistic (you know- in concept of what life as a rebel survivor might be like). I told my DH that this is what V should have been.

I thought Death March was great - except for the part where Matt was spilling the beans of the plan to the harnessed girl. Of course, he is a little boy who is scared and lonely so I can't really blame him too much. Finding out what exactly is going on in Charleston is going to be interesting.

Bearcata - I too was underwhelmed with Maggie's backstory. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. Even without the alien invasion, I'm not sure it's a major dealbreaker. People often go off the rails after a major life crisis - everyone handles things in a different way.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

The Price of Greatness - episode 9 - August 12, 2012

Finally the 2nd Mass has reached Charleston and found the New United States of America living in an underground mall. Typical welcome, then the rumbling of the 2nd Mass trying to fit in and then the underlying this doesn't feel right moments. Not that bad an episode but worried about the Head of government and the general. Pope acting his usual AHole self but the biggest disconnect for me is Maggie. She has a huge chip on her shoulder about birthing a baby in prison and giving him up for adoption. If she wants to constantly wallow in self pity let her but why does she feel the need to dump of Hall and others around her. She desparately wants others to hate her, despise her for what she did. To the point I just want to scream Get Over Yourself please before someone puts a bullet in your head just to shut you up.

Looking forward to the season finale and the big surprise at the end. Let me guess more aliens.

+ Reply to Thread