+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Falling Skies (TNT)

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Falling Skies (TNT)

They are making it look like it's the same skitter with the one red eye thing. It was definitely the same one with the tracking worm thingy - eww. I'm glad they are going to meet up with a larger group that is organized and has a government going. It wasn't really going anywhere as it is. This will open up new storylines.

So, here's probably a stupid question: the skitter's on the ground look like spider/monsters, but the thing in the spaceship looked totally different. Did they say why and I missed it? Are the spider things another race that they picked up on another planet and harnessed?

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    They are making it look like it's the same skitter with the one red eye thing. It was definitely the same one with the tracking worm thingy - eww. I'm glad they are going to meet up with a larger group that is organized and has a government going. It wasn't really going anywhere as it is. This will open up new storylines.

So, here's probably a stupid question: the skitter's on the ground look like spider/monsters, but the thing in the spaceship looked totally different. Did they say why and I missed it? Are the spider things another race that they picked up on another planet and harnessed?
    Aha! That question came up during season one when folks in the 2nd Mass wondered why an 8 legged race had created mechs with 2 legs. But again we do create robots like the Martian rovers with multiple legs and wheels. At the end of season 1 when Tom saw the Overlords and the fact that the Skitters are harnessed brought up the question of whose in charge and what is the relationship between the two different looking aliens. The question has not been answered but some has been implied so no you didn't miss anything. Also during season 1 the writers and producers were sort of implying that things are not what they seem and that they may be more aliens involved and that was were it was left. I got the impression that there might be a third alien species that the Overlords and Skitters are running from.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Aha! That question came up during season one when folks in the 2nd Mass wondered why an 8 legged race had created mechs with 2 legs. But again we do create robots like the Martian rovers with multiple legs and wheels. At the end of season 1 when Tom saw the Overlords and the fact that the Skitters are harnessed brought up the question of whose in charge and what is the relationship between the two different looking aliens. The question has not been answered but some has been implied so no you didn't miss anything. Also during season 1 the writers and producers were sort of implying that things are not what they seem and that they may be more aliens involved and that was were it was left. I got the impression that there might be a third alien species that the Overlords and Skitters are running from.
    That would be interesting. I hope they start revealing more about those kind of questions. I want to know more about the aliens.

Are the spider things another race that they picked up on another planet and harnessed?
    You may recall that they learned that skitters were the product/end result of being harnessed. When they performed the autopsy on the skitter they found a harness in its back. That was when it drove them to attempt to remove the harnesses even faster from the rescued kids. And that is the implication of what will happen ultimately to Ben. (remember in the premiere when he showed his Dad his back and the area around the spikes was turning into what appears to look like skitter-skin. )

ETA: Thanks for the clarification on the red-eye/one-eye skitter.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    You may recall that they learned that skitters were the product/end result of being harnessed. When they performed the autopsy on the skitter they found a harness in its back. That was when it drove them to attempt to remove the harnesses even faster from the rescued kids. And that is the implication of what will happen ultimately to Ben. (remember in the premiere when he showed his Dad his back and the area around the spikes was turning into what appears to look like skitter-skin. )

ETA: Thanks for the clarification on the red-eye/one-eye skitter.
    Thanks, that clears things up a lot. So, the skitters may have started off as something else completely and then were turned into the spider/monster things. That is pretty interesting.

Liked that one of Weaver's daughters survived and that she was strong enough to be on her own and not join the 2nd Mass as if we need any more characters. I liked that not all the survivors want to join the resistance and that some just want to survive. Also good to see the inside of a harness factory and the harnessing process. What surprised me is that the harnesses seem alive yet had metal connectors. Some kind of weird bio mechanical fusion technology going on there. Liked how the last 5 minutes out so was mainly without dialog and simply music, that was a nice touch.

2nd Watch | Falling Skies

The 15 minute after talk show is getting pretty good. This is the third one I have watched and the host Wil Wheaton is getting much better as a host. In fact this is the best I think he has done so far.

My DH called this week's ep - "a Daddy episode" and it was. I did like seeing the harness factory and learning more about the aliens that way. It's good now that Ben's secret is out somewhat with Hal being aware that his spikes are "active".

Heartbreaking for Weaver to both find and lose his daughter again. It almost would have been better if he never found her.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

July 8 - the big reveal episode.

Luv'd the Big Reveal. Could have totally lived without the Hal and Maggie secondary plot it added nothing to the overall plot.

Yes!! I like the new twist. And now we know for sure why the red-eye skitter was tracking them, what he was doing with Ben and why Tom wasn't killed with the rest when he was released from the ship. It was also interesting to learn a little more about the skitters' history.

I was very uncomfortable during the Tom/Weaver discussion about "having to make the hard decision" and didn't like at all where that was leading.
    Women are Angels.

+ Reply to Thread