+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Falling Skies (TNT)

Re: Falling Skies (TNT)

Caught 2nd Watch the online interview with the cast with Will Wheaton (Star Trek: The Next Generation and Eureka) as the host on Home | Falling Skies. 2nd Watch is the after show and I guess there will be one for each episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    So glad the show is back. The scenes with them pulling that thing out of his eye...ugh. Curious to see where the story goes this season.
    Oh 2nd Watch the one producer explained that one of the writers had see a guy with parasites in his eye on YouTube and wouldn't it be a great idea to use as a plot device. "Tom" aka Noah Wyle said that the writers sorta wrote themselves into a corner during the season 1 finale with Tom going into the alien spacecraft and that they had new writers for season 2 that managed to write them out of that. Also they writers are creating a bit of a genetic/bio engineering/technology culture for the aliens.

Wheaton mentioned that now we know what the Overlord aliens want. I have to watch again cause I didn't get it. Either I didn't see it or that was a bit of a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oh 2nd Watch the one producer explained that one of the writers had see a guy with parasites in his eye on YouTube and wouldn't it be a great idea to use as a plot device. "Tom" aka Noah Wyle said that the writers sorta wrote themselves into a corner during the season 1 finale with Tom going into the alien spacecraft and that they had new writers for season 2 that managed to write them out of that. Also they writers are creating a bit of a genetic/bio engineering/technology culture for the aliens.

Wheaton mentioned that now we know what the Overlord aliens want. I have to watch again cause I didn't get it. Either I didn't see it or that was a bit of a spoiler.
    OK I am confused, the Overlord wants to herd all the remaining humans onto reservations, he lets go all these captured humans and then has a mech kill all of them but Tom. That was the message. Either way it looks like the Overlord wants humans dead.

Hi all ! So I finally caught up with the Falling Skies premiere (had to watch On Demand due to Father's Day busy-ness) and it was great! I really missed this show. The grittiness of their situation gives the whole thing more weight that lighter sci-fi fare. I like the way they are reintroducing us to the show and showing teh passage of time by explaining what happened during Tom's absence. During the first hour I was wondering where all their civvies went and then to hear that they lost 100 people during an attack was shocking. And then to loose more vehicles, food AND the 50-cal during the bridge escape was even more depressing. Their situation is so bleak and yet they press on - the human spirit at it's best!!!

I too was confused about "the message" when Tom was released from the ship with the other captives only to have them mowed down before his very eyes. Why? If the aliens were true in their offer, they would want the other humans to return to their areas with that offer. If they want all the humans killed or captive, why even bother letting Tom live? It was very strange and I don't understand yet what is going on with them - which is a good thing - it keeps me engaged. I will say that I definitely liked Tom's chuztpah in attacking the Overlord in the ship and I'm curious to see what is exactly going on with that skitter who is following Tom/2nd Mass. It may be more than just spying.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Hi all ! So I finally caught up with the Falling Skies premiere (had to watch On Demand due to Father's Day busy-ness) and it was great! I really missed this show. The grittiness of their situation gives the whole thing more weight that lighter sci-fi fare. I like the way they are reintroducing us to the show and showing teh passage of time by explaining what happened during Tom's absence. During the first hour I was wondering where all their civvies went and then to hear that they lost 100 people during an attack was shocking. And then to loose more vehicles, food AND the 50-cal during the bridge escape was even more depressing. Their situation is so bleak and yet they press on - the human spirit at it's best!!!

I too was confused about "the message" when Tom was released from the ship with the other captives only to have them mowed down before his very eyes. Why? If the aliens were true in their offer, they would want the other humans to return to their areas with that offer. If they want all the humans killed or captive, why even bother letting Tom live? It was very strange and I don't understand yet what is going on with them - which is a good thing - it keeps me engaged. I will say that I definitely liked Tom's chuztpah in attacking the Overlord in the ship and I'm curious to see what is exactly going on with that skitter who is following Tom/2nd Mass. It may be more than just spying.
    That was a good moment. Unexpected and refreshing. I like that Tom is not the normal balls to the wall pumped up hero, he is more anti hero, intellectual, the everyman hero. I like that about him.

Debut Ratings For

Debut Ratings For ‘Falling Skies’ Season 2 Are Lower But Still Strong
    Posted 3 days ago by Janice Kay1

falling skies

The season 2 premiere for ‘Falling Skies’ garnered great reviews but in the world of television ratings, the numbers weren’t as compelling. The two hour debut didn’t come close to the viewers it had when the series’ first episode aired last year.

‘Falling Skies’ was touted as basic cable’s number 1 new series with adults 18-49 earning 5.9 million viewers when the series’ first premiered. Last night’s debut only managed to gather 4.5 million total viewers, down 24%. In adults 18-49, the viewers amounted to 1.9 million as opposed to 2.6 million last year. Of course, a lot of this could be attributed to the fact that the NBA finals were also airing at the same time.

The network expects the show’s audience numbers to adjust from the 4.5 million as originally noted to over 6 million once the DVR numbers are added in. Even with the lower marks, ‘Falling Skies’ still helped TNT become the No. 1 basic cable network for the night with a 2.3 household rating.

Considering the tough competition of the NBA and the fact that reviews of the sophomore debut were very favorable, if this season continues to bring in the audience response it has, then it will be very likely that we’ll be seeing a third season of ‘Falling Skies.’

Re: Ratings - I hope they get good ratings. Are they able to factor in on-demand viewings as opposed to DVR numbers yet? I, for one, am not amused about the move to the 9pm slot (currently reserved for watching True Blood). So now I have to decide what I have to watch in real time and what I watch on demand. If this is more a bubble show than True Blood, I will watch TB later and make sure to add my #s to Falling Skies.

Bearcata - I like that about Tom too. I also like that Weaver is acknowledging that he needs Tom's advice.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I am also confused about what the Overlord wanted. It didn't seem clear to me at all. He seemed to offer the "reservation" type of thing as a way to keep the humans from continuing to mess with them, but it doesn't seem to be their purpose. If they wanted the humans, they wouldn't have killed so many of them, and they seem to only harness the younger generation for slave power. And, the killing of the people with Tom made no sense because the lady next to him had said that they kept asking her where her people were. Well, what better way to find out than to release them with tracking devices? Killing them would defeat the purpose. If they killed them just for the purpose of freaking out Tom - what would be the point of that?

When I read that they changed writers for this season, it kind of makes more sense of things for me. I hope they can pull it together because I really like this series!

Tonight's episode, Compass, surprised me with Jimmy being killed. Pope leaving not so much I can see him returning when he either feels like it or he makes it too hot for himself on his lonesome. I also watched this weeks 2nd Watch and liked what the one writer said about trying to keep the show unexpected and that if someone gets killed it's not always the "red shirt" also known as the guest star.

The loss of Jimmy was definitely sad. Especially for both Weaver and Ben. I liked how Tom put the beat-down on Pope. He deserved it. And I knew his "berserkers" weren't going to follow him after losing face like that.

I am not sure what that Skitter is doing to Ben but it's not going to end well for Ben with the way things are going. And is that the same skitter who got back the tracking device or a different one. If it's a different one then the 2nd Mass isn't as secure in their position as they think.

And hey - Tom finally made his move on Ann. Not bad.
    Women are Angels.

+ Reply to Thread