+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Falling Skies (TNT)

Re: Falling Skies (TNT)

OK, how come Tom and his older son never talk about rescuing that girl Karen? that was his motorcycle buddy, it's always, Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben. The girl has a better chance of recovering from the mechanical neck piece/slave collar as she will have had it on only a short while.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

LG.

I think the older son did talk about looking for Karen once or twice, but certainly not the focus that Tom has on Ben. As a parent, I can see that, but really, all of those kids are somebody's children.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

The season finale will be on Aug 7th. there will be a marathon of the shows and the last two episodes shown at 9pm and 10pm. Since I missed the two part Sanctuary episode I will be able to catch up.

Anyone liking this show? I am just not into it. I lacks a spark, a twist to make it interesting. It is a chore to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The season finale will be on Aug 7th. there will be a marathon of the shows and the last two episodes shown at 9pm and 10pm. Since I missed the two part Sanctuary episode I will be able to catch up.

Anyone liking this show? I am just not into it. I lacks a spark, a twist to make it interesting. It is a chore to watch.
    I agree, Bearcata. I really want to like this show; it's definitely a genre I love and Noah Wyle is an actor I've always liked, but I haven't been able to get into Falling Skies. As you say, it's missing that spark.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I just finished a marathon viewing of season 4 of Heroes and season 1 and 2 of V and just started on the last 5 episodes of Falling Skies. I sorta accidentally caught the last 5 minutes of the last episode and went wow: MAJOR GAME CHANGER! It just got interesting. So I rewound and starting watching. If nothing else Falling Skies does have a consistent internal logic and seems to be going somewhere which is way more then V season 2 ever did. Not too thrilled with Sanctuary part 1 but will slog on through.

Finished watching Silent Kill and Sanctuary part 1 and 2. While parts of the show is interesting others are not. How in the heck did the traitorous Mass 7th survivors who give children to the skitters even find Hal's group? They just miraculously found the right house then just stood around. The non military tactics belay belief. People stand around in groups begging to be shot. The lone sniper can't hit anything and then instead of having a shooting plan talks to his targets. Let's not forget that Hal just stood around with his opponents and did not move out of firing range of his own troops. Then there is the endless questioning of orders. I am so glad the aliens stay in the background allowing endless monologues during battle scenes. Still I am glad that in the next episode "What Lies Beneath" Anne does confirm what I suspected that the harnesses do turn the captured children into skitters. Liked the glimpse of the new aliens. Still would like to know what drives the mechs? Are they simply robots or do they too have organics driving them? Considering I am watching these episodes right after watching my V marathon, I have to say that Falling Skies is holding up as the better show.

On part 1 of the finale. Yeah, I wish all drug addicts could just quick like that and then be coherent enough to learn troops into battle the next day. That really was a wise command decision.

Not quiet believing that the aliens rejected Rick, after all he is becoming a skitter. Seems just like a convenient device by the writers to add drama to the situation. In this case let Tom know that the skitters were coming to attack the school. Was that really necessary? The skitters already know that the humans are there at the school.

OK, the final 10 minutes of the Falling Skies season 1 finale still deserves a WOW!. It has been picked up for a second season and the show is now in production. The Falling Skies website encourages fans to come and participate in the show.

Yeah, but we have to wait almost a year. That blows.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

tow interesting articles about Falling Skies, one pro, one con.

lhttp://io9.com/5826756/why-the-hate...-falling-skies

The aliens in Falling Skies are looking more and more like the Borg from Star Trek. They turn other creatures into their soldiers, converting their bodies and minds using the harnesses. And they repurpose our own bullets and other ammunition, killing us with our own weapons. They also apparently use our own building materials and techniques to create those towering structures over the major cities. They're technologically more advanced than humans, but they're also magpies, borrowing from other civilizations.

And now the humans are going to return the favor, using the aliens' own miraculous alloy to make tons of bullets that are capable of piercing Mech armor and turning this into more of an even fight. And yeah, Pope is definitely getting more likable, especially since he's the only one who knows how to fight back. And his commitment to killing as many Skitters as possible, combined with his total disrespect for authority, are starting to grow on me.

So a lot depends on how things wrap up next week — but definitely, this isn't the same show as it was a couple months ago, when we were listening to Noah Wyle lecture us about history and hearing long debates over whether the soldiers should have better sleeping arrangements than the civilians, and so on. The show started off with a lot of broad-brush characterization, and some conflicts that were more interesting on paper than on the screen, but it's gained a lot of momentum since then.

‘Falling’ flat: Season finale suggests TNT’s downsizing ‘Skies’ - BostonHerald.com

In its first season finale, the heroic resistance fighters of “Falling Skies” face a foe more -lethal than the alien “skitters”: A basic cable TV production budget.

TNT lumps together the last two episodes in a move that suspiciously seems like an attempt to burn them off before viewers get wind of the stink.

The series looks as if it is running shockingly low on both funds and imagination, and as a booster of the show since it premiered, I am loathe to say that.

In the first hour, “Mutiny,” as the 2nd Mass. Regiment is about to make an assault on that alien structure in Boston, the season-long conflict between Tom (Noah Wyle) and Weaver (Will Patton) comes to a head. Tom learns another secret about the resistance leader and fears he is sending them out on a suicide mission. The ultimate fate of those harnessed teenagers becomes apparent.

In “Eight Hours,” the -resistance fighters head to Boston, but a betrayal from one of their own reveals their plans to the skitters and jeopardizes everyone. Tom and Anne (Moon Bloodgood) share a -moment.

Executive producer -Steven Spielberg’s influence coats this post-apocalyptic show in a candy paste, lowering the dramatic stakes. As these two hours prove, much of the supporting cast would be better suited to a community access production of “The Cat in the Hat.”

The confrontation -between the Mechs and the humans in the second hour borders on silly. After all the build-up to Mount Alien, the guerrilla assault takes place off-camera. Tom plays cleanup. Why build a show around a war if you can’t -begin to stage it?

The final moments echo Spielberg’s “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” — and more ludicrously, the closing of the “Dynasty” spin-off “The Colbys,” in which Fallon (Emma Samms) took a fateful ride out into the desert. I’ve -already spoiled enough.

As cliffhangers go, it is so underwhelming, it suggests the writers have been harnessed themselves by the muses of mediocrity. The series, already renewed for a second season, is going to have to do a lot to win back this viewer. “Falling Skies” has already dropped off my radar.

+ Reply to Thread