+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Falling Skies (TNT)

Re: Falling Skies (TNT)

I think it shows some promise and I'll continue watching for now. I have always enjoyed Noah Wyle's work

The shows mentioned by Bearcata and Arielflies are the shows I love during the summer-into-fall season, though I've not seen the Chloe King show. I will add in Breaking Bad and I am getting a little mindless enjoyment from Franklin and"Bash. Each episode has been a little better than the one before it, I think. Haven't seen Suits yet; I think it premiers this week and Alphas is opening on SyFy next month.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know given that Pope (the "bad guy") has said they hone in on heat...200 civilians and 100 fighters in a group,you'd think the body heat alone would be a clue, much less fires. But hey, the occasional flaw.
    Noah Wylie plays a college history prof...tenured...from BU. Of course they said he was from Cambridge...which would probably not be BU, but rather Harvard, but we can't have total accuracy. He seems to know a lot of military history....
    I also like that Pope is not just a thug, but probably as smart/educated as the college prof.
    I know the big robots are just robots, but are the "skitters" (the things that look like crabs) the actual aliens? I thought that was a good point that was made that the robots have 2 legs, the way we make a robot, while you'd think they'd have 6 if they were made by the skitters.
    Is this just a summer series? Or does it go into the fall as well?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Is this just a summer series? Or does it go into the fall as well?
    I think there's just 10 episodes filmed so far.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I was b-o-r-e-d bored! Wanted to much to like it especially since I like Noah Wylie so much It was not until it hit the 1:34 mark that finally something happened that got me even remotely interested. Can't recall just WHAT it was but I do remember looking at the DVR and pressing the button to see how much time had elapsed before something of interest happened.

I'll watch again this week in hopes it gets better but truthfully I was disappointed.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

It was OK, there is potential for improvement. I was very offended by the military calling the civilians "eaters". Please where did that attitude come from. The military's function is to protect the civilians. The commanders attitude really pissed me off. Really the soldiers are the only ones who get to sleep in beds. Well, if you are going to bitch about the civilians being "eaters" then how are you going to feel about them when they have no energy to walk cause they couldn't sleep at night. Honestly, this is the first time I have ever seen a movie or series about the soldiers having such a rotten attitude about the civilians of their own country.

Anyone else think the kids eventually become Mech pilots or even eventually evolve into the skeeters?

Not overly impressed. Expected more ooompf considering Spielburg produced it. This was supposed to be a commerical limited premiere? Well, it seemed that every 5 minutes they were going to commercial.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It was OK, there is potential for improvement. I was very offended by the military calling the civilians "eaters". Please where did that attitude come from. The military's function is to protect the civilians. The commanders attitude really pissed me off. Really the soldiers are the only ones who get to sleep in beds. Well, if you are going to bitch about the civilians being "eaters" then how are you going to feel about them when they have no energy to walk cause they couldn't sleep at night. Honestly, this is the first time I have ever seen a movie or series about the soldiers having such a rotten attitude about the civilians of their own country.

Anyone else think the kids eventually become Mech pilots or even eventually evolve into the skeeters?

Not overly impressed. Expected more ooompf considering Spielburg produced it. This was supposed to be a commerical limited premiere? Well, it seemed that every 5 minutes they were going to commercial.
    Well, you can imagine how many commercials they COULD have sold given Spielberg and Wylie being involved!

I agree about the military's attitude towards civilians---yes, the soldiers need to be in shape, but if you want the civilians to not slow you down they need to sleep---the rotating bed solution seemed like a good one. Just from the military point of view that seems like a practical solution.

Episode 2 was better. The doctor was a total jerk and boy did he play the history professor, Tom. Mike the Dad ywho grabbed his kid is a total liability he almost got 3 people killed and one captured not to mention all those kids the skeeters killed.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-30-2011 at 09:15 PM.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'll agree, episode 2 was better. I just need more to feel it's worthy of investing in. So far it's not providing it.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

LG.

another new episode tonight. some really inaccurate medical information about cystic fibrosis (and I'm not sure why they brought it up on the first place), but otherwise we're still watching. I remember when ER debuted, so seeing Noah Wylie all grown up - I feel old.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Again improvement in episode 3 but seriously, when I see stupid humans doing stupid things I really wonder why anyone bothers with these types of films. In this case Pope had to destroy the skitter nest knowing that it would attract attention possibly killing the squad. But on no, he just had to throw a Molotov cocktail into the nest.He excuse. He makes good bread.

+ Reply to Thread