+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Falling Skies (TNT)

Re: Falling Skies (TNT)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Hmmm the only channels I see on On Demand are the main ABC, FOX types... I wonder if it depends on the provider. ALso locally I've scoured the evening time slots on TNT for reruns and not found it...except at 10 and 11pm on Sunday. Very odd...
    Again it maybe the provider and the service level but I have all the cable networks in my On Demand list.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Well, that was pretty much everything I want in a season finale. Questions answered, story lines wrapped up, new questions asked, new story lines teased.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yup, good one!

Season 4 of Falling Skies.

Season 4 - Falling Skies Wiki

It will air 2014.[2] Season 4 will premiere June 22, 2014[3] Unlike the previous seasons which consisted of 10 episodes, Season 4 will consist of 12 episodes.

There is a new executive producer and he says he will be shaking thing up for season 4 he dropped some hints:

Think Empire Strikes Back,

The Moon,

Biological enhancements used as weapons.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-19-2014 at 08:25 PM.

I've been seeing many commercials for the upcoming season! Looks like they're back fighting. Even Anne. I'm looking forward to finding out more about their daughter.

I can't wait!! My favorite show of the summer!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

Bit late to the show but started watching season 4. Oh, good news Falling Skies has been renewed for its 5th and final season.

Season 4 Episode 1 - Ghost In The Machine - 06/22/14

mmmmm......which Ghost is the title referring to?

Like the direction of the show, the break up of the Mason family into 4 distinct story arcs. It's about time youngest Max has his own storyline ... hope he is a strong enough actor to handle it. I do like how the producers are using references to Nazi reeducation camps to show how the Espheni are brainwashing the children.

Ann's maniacal drive to find Lexi is going to get a lot of people killed and I hope someone can kick some sense into her. The character and storyline are a bit one note at this point and if not added to will eventually become very boring and something I might just fast forward through.

Tom and Hal in camps ... whats the purpose of the camps? Luv Tom dressing up as the Ghost. Luv seeing the Colonel and Pope. Also cool to see the flying aliens.

Finally, Ben and Lexi ... who's drinking the Lexi kool aide?

A good start to the season.

Season 4 Episode 2 - The Eye - 06/29/14

Ann is loosing it but heading to find Lexi.

Max can you really trust the new girl or any of the others in your group?

Ben take God Maggie has your back. Lexi ... are those nano bots in her blood? Luv her nickname The Hybrid. Lourdes ... you know she is under control of the Espheni? well you will soon. Surprise, surprise you are all under Espheni control.

Liked that the Espheni revealed that they are creating a new human army ... doing some bioengineering along the way.

Wait ... WHAT! ... there is a third alien menace.

Best scene: Colonel Weaver and Pope being utterly appalled that anyone would think that they are working together.

Take note: other summer series this is how to pace and edit and keep an audience involved. Lots of plots.

Season 4 Episode 3 - Exodus - 07/06/14

Exodus is defined as: a mass departure of people, especially emigrants. synonyms: mass departure, withdrawal, evacuation, leaving

The main emphasis of this episode is the escape from the camp ... the only thing I have to complain about this and any series TV show is that the shows sometimes looks as if the hero feels he or she are the only ones who can make a plan and make the sacrifices and do the deeds and the rest of us are just canon folder. That being said on to the rest of the episode.

Ann collapses. Shocker. Hey, I watch Naked and Afraid and you can go only so long with out food and water the obsession to find her daughter will only take you so far. Now that Ann has found Lexi what will she do? From some of the previews it looks as if she will be doing a mommy dearest on the poor hybrid child. I do like the direction they are taking Ben and the actor is doing a good job of portraying him. Connor Jessup has really improved as an actor from the early days of season 1 when all he did was whine and I couldn't stand his character. I give you that as far as casting the actress playing Lexi has matching cheekbones to Ann.

Luv that Pope took over and rescued the rescue or where they projecting that that might happen? The piece of debris that injured the electricians hand was filmed almost as a slo mo moment.

I do wonder if the creature following the now escaped 2nd Mass is Colonel Weaver's mutated daughter?

Hey Bearcata - Yep - it's a good season so far. I won't comment until you're all caught up. As you mentioned, all the plots are intertwined with a little being revealed here and there. Definitely agree with your assessment that other shows need to take notes from this one. I mean, there's a lot going on but it all works and doesn't seem overly superfluous. Noah Wylie and the supporting cast are all excellent. Tight writing, good pacing and a great cast.
    Women are Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Hey Bearcata - Yep - it's a good season so far. I won't comment until you're all caught up. As you mentioned, all the plots are intertwined with a little being revealed here and there. Definitely agree with your assessment that other shows need to take notes from this one. I mean, there's a lot going on but it all works and doesn't seem overly superfluous. Noah Wylie and the supporting cast are all excellent. Tight writing, good pacing and a great cast.
    Glad to see someone else on the thread. One thing I really like about Falling Skies and MTV's Teen Wolf is their complex interwoven plot lines and how each episode is a delicious piece of art and the writers parse out little tidbits in such a way that keep you on the edge and keep you coming back for more. I must admit I do think Teen Wold does it better than Falling Skies. I do think is a shame that more folks on this site don't watch these shows but I think it is very much the genre that may turn some people off. To me a story is a story regardless of the genres, its how well it is done is what is important.

+ Reply to Thread