+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Falling Skies (TNT)

Re: Falling Skies (TNT)

With the new president being sworn in???
    The part about Tom resigning the presidency. I like it because we don't have to deal with the tedium of the daily responsibilities.

I too, strongly disliked Ben at the beginning but he has grown as a character and actor. For me, the jury is still out on Matt as a character. But I do think the actor is doing well. You have to wonder how the things he's seen and done, shape someone so young. Children who grow up not only during a war but actively participating in it must be profoundly changed.

I think we need more Weaver. And as I said before - I'd like to see some character growth in Pope. I do like that we're learning a little more about his history.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Oh.. did like the Weaver vs Pope in the bar scene..liked their interaction.. liked that Pope realized how serious Weaver was about the odds changing and then sending one of his men to the med clinic. I felt we saw much more of Pope's character during season 1 and perhaps the first part of season 2, I do think the writers have gotten lazy with using Pope as the Anti Establishment Guy he is much more than that.. he can cook.

I would like to see more of Weaver and Pope. It might be there are too many characters and the writers are having problems dealing with the scope.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Episode 7 - The Pickett Line - cute title works on several layers

Best scene: Lordis shooting the President - that was priceless.

Best Line - Colonel Weaver telling Pope to watch his back and Pope telling the Colonel to do the same.

Episode 8 - Strange Brew

Liked seeing Tom's life before the invasion. Liked that Tom's brain used Colonel Weaver as the voice of reason disguised as a homeless man. Just how many times can Tom escape from the Skitters? And yes I am sure he is "bugged".

I am debating whether or not to just wait until the finale and watch episode 9 and 10 back to back.

I'm glad that Tom figured out about Lourdes. Glad that Cochise is still alive as well as Hal and Maggie too. I was wondering if we were finally going to find out her big "secret" (whatever Pope keeps alluding to)

Are Anne and Alexis really dead? Was the whole alien baby thing truly PPD or something else to get Anne to run? I will say that I didn't see Moon listed in the beginning credits but they could just be doing that to throw us off (Smallville did that once with the Chloe character)

I didn't comment on Ep 8 - I really liked the "flashback" concept and how we saw all the people in his life now populating his life "then". It took me a second to recognize Pope. Great use of the character. And also great how Weaver was the voice of reason.

This whole season has been great. A lot of plot twists, answers to old questions, new questions being asked. It's so engaging and well done.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I, too, wondered if Anne and ALexis are really dead.... I didn't quite get the "proof"...was that supposed to be their bodies under some kind of plastic thing? I would think ALexis especially would be an asset they'd want to hold on to.
    I missed the episode where they got the worms out of Hal...was it difficult to do? If not maybe they need to routinely debug everyone, or at least everyone in some kind of power.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I just read that the season finale is tomorrow. Seems awfully early, but as I'm going to be out of TV land and TNT doesn't seem to be On Demand I'm just as glad I won't miss anything.

TNT is ON Demand, I have Comcast and I mostly watch Falling Skies using On Demand just because there are 5 shows that I watch all at 10 pm on Sunday and 5 more shows on Monday night. 'Sides TNT airs it several times during the week at various times.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    TNT is ON Demand, I have Comcast and I mostly watch Falling Skies using On Demand just because there are 5 shows that I watch all at 10 pm on Sunday and 5 more shows on Monday night. 'Sides TNT airs it several times during the week at various times.
    Hmmm the only channels I see on On Demand are the main ABC, FOX types... I wonder if it depends on the provider. ALso locally I've scoured the evening time slots on TNT for reruns and not found it...except at 10 and 11pm on Sunday. Very odd...

Went to TV Guide, TV Listings, Online Videos, Entertainment News and Celebrity News | TVGuide.com put in Falling Skies and here are the results. The finale episode is called Brazil and I do have Comcast so that may effect the channels I get.

Falling Skies - Journey to Xibalba TNT 40 Sun,Aug 4 11:00am display in grid
    Falling Skies - Journey to Xibalba TNTHD 249 Sun,Aug 4 11:00am display in grid
    Falling Skies - Journey to Xibalba TNTHD 825 Sun,Aug 4 11:00am display in grid
    Falling Skies - Brazil NEW TNT 40 Sun,Aug 4 10:00pm display in grid
    Falling Skies - Brazil NEW TNTHD 249 Sun,Aug 4 10:00pm display in grid
    Falling Skies - Brazil NEW TNTHD 825 Sun,Aug 4 10:00pm display in grid
    Falling Skies - Brazil TNT 40 Sun,Aug 4 11:00pm display in grid
    Falling Skies - Brazil TNTHD 249 Sun,Aug 4 11:00pm display in grid
    Falling Skies - Brazil TNTHD 825 Sun,Aug 4 11:00pm display in grid
    Falling Skies - Brazil TNT 40 Thu,Aug 8 12:00am display in grid
    Falling Skies - Brazil TNTHD 249 Thu,Aug 8 12:00am display in grid
    Falling Skies - Brazil TNTHD 825 Thu,Aug 8 12:00am display in grid
    Falling Skies - Brazil TNT 40 Sun,Aug 11 10:00am display in grid
    Falling Skies - Brazil TNTHD 249 Sun,Aug 11 10:00am display in grid
    Falling Skies - Brazil TNTHD 825 Sun,Aug 11 10:00am display in gri