+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Endings-ABC

Happy Endings-ABC

Forget who gets to keep the ring -- when a couple splits, the real question is, who gets to keep the friends? In this modern comedy, a couple's break-up will complicate all of their friends' lives and make everyone question their choices. When life throws you for a curve, hold on tight to the people you love. Every circle of friends has someone who's the gravitational center. For years, perfect couple Dave and Alex drew their friends in and held them together. Now that they've split, does this group have the stuff to stay together? Or do Max, Brad, Jane and Penny have to choose sides? Suddenly every event is a negotiation... like, who gets to go on the annual ski trip? There are a lot of big questions to be answered, but this group has been together so long, somehow, little by little, they'll figure out how to hold on, even though their center is split up. It helps that Dave and Alex have agreed to stay friends. But there will definitely be other complications down the road. This show isn't afraid to ask the embarrassing personal questions that inevitably arise in every long-term, close-knit group of friends.

Happy Endings stars Eliza Coupe (Scrubs) as Jane, Elisha Cuthbert (24) as Alex, Zachary Knighton (FlashForward) as Dave, Adam Pally as Max, Damon Wayans, Jr. (The Underground) as Brad and Casey Wilson (Saturday Night Live) as Penny. The series is from executive producers Jamie Tarses (My Boys), Jonathan Groff (How I Met Your Mother), Anthony & Joe Russo (Community, Arrested Development) and co-executive producer David Caspe (the upcoming feature film I Hate You Dad). The pilot was written by David Caspe and directed by Anthony & Joe Russo, and is from Sony Pictures Television and ABC Studios.
    Source: Watch Full Episodes for Free Online - Happy Endings - ABC.com

Anyone else watch last night? I really enjoyed it! I didn't think I would, but I actually did. It was pretty obvious that a considerable amount of time passed between the pilot and the next episode, but other than that, a really solid two episodes!

Re: Happpy Endings-ABC

I was glad they had the two episodes on back to back. I thought the acting in the pilot was over the top and forced. If I had to wait a week, I wouldn't have watched it again, but since I had them both recorded and nothing else was on, we watched the second one and I enjoyed it a lot more. It is pretty good and in the rotation for now!
    Wag more, bark less

Re: Happpy Endings-ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632 View Post
    I was glad they had the two episodes on back to back. I thought the acting in the pilot was over the top and forced. If I had to wait a week, I wouldn't have watched it again, but since I had them both recorded and nothing else was on, we watched the second one and I enjoyed it a lot more. It is pretty good and in the rotation for now!

I didn't like the pilot at all, for the same reasons, plus it just plain wasn't funny. The whole episode was more depressing than funny.
    I had nothing else to do, so I just left the TV on for the second one. It was much better, although still, there's not one single character I really cared for. It was better, however, than Cougar Town.
    I have no idea what the regular time slot will be, but if it is the same, I'll probably watch for a while. Wednesday ABC comedy night is a standard for me.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Happy Endings-ABC

This show was fun and funny!!! I think I loved it! I will watch again, for sure!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

It wasn't awful but truth be told I only LOL'd twice. Not enough to get me to make a point of tuning in / recording but if the channel is already there, I'll watch.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I hadn't seen this yet---the commercials didn't tempt me into taping it---but was just reading that they actually have a gay male character who is not "into window treatments" as the review put it---I think I'll give it a try just to see that refreshing approach!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I hadn't seen this yet---the commercials didn't tempt me into taping it---but was just reading that they actually have a gay male character who is not "into window treatments" as the review put it---I think I'll give it a try just to see that refreshing approach!
    IMO he had the best lines - the only two times I LOL'd were at things he said

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I've been wanting to watch it but my husband groaned when I insisted. I told him he makes me sit through Mr. Sunshine so he could sit through this show with me...

Needless to say, he obliged and we both ended up loving it! We giggled through the whole hour.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I thought this show was pretty funny, I really like that girl from SNL. I will definitely be tuning in again tonight.

LOVE this show. Saw the first 2 episodes, had me laughing. Will definitely be back for more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast