+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mildred Pierce on HBO

Re: Mildred Pierce on HBO

I don't get HBO any longer..couldn't afford it..lol...but has the show been as good as the movie with Joan Crawford...I just didn't think that they could make a mini series as good as the movie
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fanatic

Monty was murdered in the original. i know its old and dated but the original should be watched.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    Monty was murdered in the original. i know its old and dated but the original should be watched.
    OH, okay. I will check out the original movie and watch it.

Isn't it ironic that in the movie Joan Crawford's daughter treats her poorly, but in real life, Joan Crawford was cruel to her older children. (I have read that Joan's younger children say she was a joy and not mean to them at all. Hmmmm.)

FORT Fogey

I am watching the ending now. I have done some creative FFing so I need to know a plot point I missed. When Mildred finds Monte in bed with Veda he appears to have a bedroom of his own and not sleeping with Mildred. What happened. I dont want to go hunt for it, it would take forever.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I am watching the ending now. I have done some creative FFing so I need to know a plot point I missed. When Mildred finds Monte in bed with Veda he appears to have a bedroom of his own and not sleeping with Mildred. What happened. I dont want to go hunt for it, it would take forever.
    Finale

Yes, there was a part in the movie where Monty retires to his private quarters. It's right after Veda moves in with her mom. Mom and daughter are staying up late talking about girl stuff and Monty says he will retire early to his quarters. Mildred makes a comment that they are now like an old married couple. You instantly knew something was up. Also, if you recall, when Monty lived in the house early in the movie and Mildred visited him there, he was living in this one small area of the house. I assumed he kept it and retired there for his "man cave" so to speak.

Also, I was not very familar with the movie, but predicited Veda would sleep with her mom's man the first time Monty met Veda. Why didn't mom see it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Finale

Yes, there was a part in the movie where Monty retires to his private quarters. It's right after Veda moves in with her mom. Mom and daughter are staying up late talking about girl stuff and Monty says he will retire early to his quarters. Mildred makes a comment that they are now like an old married couple. You instantly knew something was up. Also, if you recall, when Monty lived in the house early in the movie and Mildred visited him there, he was living in this one small area of the house. I assumed he kept it and retired there for his "man cave" so to speak.

Also, I was not very familar with the movie, but predicited Veda would sleep with her mom's man the first time Monty met Veda. Why didn't mom see it?
    Yes, I saw that coming too. She was blind to her, clearly. The ending was very satisfying. To hell with her! How perfect that she finally got that. In hindsight I liked it better now that it is over.

REF. Finale and all parts

Trivia Question. (I didn't notice this on my own, but heard the writers say it before the show aired. ) Did you notice anything out of the ordinary about each scene in this mini series? Hint: They did this on purpose and it is not generally done in a movie.

Second Question. (I'm curious and don't know the answer. LOL) If you FF'd a lot, you may have missed it. Has HBO ever portrayed the specfic type of sex scene as they did with Mildred and Monty before? It was when Mildred and Monty reconciled and she went went back to his house in the Finale. It was an oral sex scene. I dont' think I've ever seen that on HBO. They didn't cut away on it.

FORT Fanatic

It just seems to me that HBO plastered the sex scenes into this story. If they are going to do this cant they at least put more nude guys in the scenes? I know alot of people say that the female form is just prettier than the nude male, but, I disagree everyone should be naked. Sorry, I just had to get this off my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    It just seems to me that HBO plastered the sex scenes into this story. If they are going to do this cant they at least put more nude guys in the scenes? I know alot of people say that the female form is just prettier than the nude male, but, I disagree everyone should be naked. Sorry, I just had to get this off my chest.
    Well, if you want some nude male scenes, check out Showtime's Oz. It's an old series, but they still show reruns. You can also rent the series. I've only seen 3-4 episodes and have seen several full frontal nude scenes of men. The main guy they show is the one who plays on Law and Order, SVU. I can't recall his real name. He looks good on that show! Really! I was shocked! I guess they figured it was not realistic to show inside a men's prison without showing the men naked.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    REF. Finale and all parts

Trivia Question. (I didn't notice this on my own, but heard the writers say it before the show aired. ) Did you notice anything out of the ordinary about each scene in this mini series? Hint: They did this on purpose and it is not generally done in a movie.

Second Question. (I'm curious and don't know the answer. LOL) If you FF'd a lot, you may have missed it. Has HBO ever portrayed the specfic type of sex scene as they did with Mildred and Monty before? It was when Mildred and Monty reconciled and she went went back to his house in the Finale. It was an oral sex scene. I dont' think I've ever seen that on HBO. They didn't cut away on it.
    ACK! What is the answer to the trivia question!?

I have not seen oral sex on HBO, no.

+ Reply to Thread