+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camelot on Starz

Camelot on Starz

I have just watched the first 2 episodes..it surprised me..was actually very good..is anyone else watching it??
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Re: Camelot on Starz

Show description from Starz

In the wake of King Utherís sudden death, chaos threatens to engulf Britain. When the sorcerer Merlin has visions of a dark future, he installs the young and impetuous Arthur, Utherís unknown son and heir, who has been raised from birth as a commoner. But Arthurís cold and ambitious half sister Morgan will fight him to the bitter end, summoning unnatural forces to claim the crown in this epic battle for control. These are dark times indeed for the new king, with Guinevere being the only shining light in Arthurís harsh world. Faced with profound moral decisions, and the challenge of uniting a kingdom broken by war and steeped in deception, Arthur will be tested beyond imagination. Forget
    everything you think you knowÖthis is the story of Camelot that
    has never been told before.

I watched the premiere episode after the finale of Spartacus and I was very disappointed with the story and the actor playing Arthur. Who did they kill at the end, his foster mother or his biological mother.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I watched the premiere episode after the finale of Spartacus and I was very disappointed with the story and the actor playing Arthur. Who did they kill at the end, his foster mother or his biological mother.
    I saw a clip for it and sorry that guy is to pretty to be Arthur. Maybe I have just seen "Excalibur" too many times?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

it was his foster mother..and since I have never either watched or heard much about Camelot or Authur..mmmm..probably one of the many days I skipped during history in HS...lol so I was finding it interesting

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    it was his foster mother..and since I have never either watched or heard much about Camelot or Authur..mmmm..probably one of the many days I skipped during history in HS...lol so I was finding it interesting
    I just detested the way they handled the background story it was just badly done. I did wonder how the one warlord found his foster mother and had her killed because they showed Arthur, Kay and Merlin traveling several days to get to Camelot, then Arthur meets the warlord and poof the next day the warlord has his foster mom and kills her. Didn't make sense.

Ill try this out if it becomes available on Netflix but Im perfectly happy with Merlin on Scfy..its not particularly dramatic or intense but it is a good mix of the style that made Xena so popular and good actors....I find myself tuning in every week and rooting for Merlin to reveal that hes actually a badass wizard destined to be the man behind the legendary camelot's prosperity.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Ill try this out if it becomes available on Netflix but Im perfectly happy with Merlin on Scfy..its not particularly dramatic or intense but it is a good mix of the style that made Xena so popular and good actors....I find myself tuning in every week and rooting for Merlin to reveal that hes actually a badass wizard destined to be the man behind the legendary camelot's prosperity.
    Who can be afraid of a wizard with sch big ears.

Read next week's TV Guide and I liked what the critics said in regards to this show, having Guinevere walk naked on the beach does not make for a great TV series.

Read next week's TV Guide and I liked what the critics said in regards to this show, having Guinevere walk naked on the beach does not make for a great TV series.
    episode 3 is now available on demand..I thought it was a good episode but since I know very little about these people I have nothing else to base it on so I would find it interesting..as for her walking naked along the beach..I will take that any day over the way the season 1 finale of the Tudors started

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast