+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

Re: The Killing (AMC)

Well I am still really enjoying the show! I just hope the killer doesn't end up being someone I like.

What does "LE" mean?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree on all points. The way they show the rich candidate for mayor and his staff and then the mayor, is quite juvenile. I realize politicians can be that way, but IMO the show's writing for these characters lacks authenticity and is haphazard. It's so boring. Wouldn't you think that someone would have said, Hey, let use some creativity in this script. Naaaaa. Not yet anyway.

What started out as a good concept for a show and looked interesting in the beginning, is now changing. I hope he gets better.

It's not a good sign when I start asking how many more episodes are left and it's because I wonder how much more time can I waste. LOL

Some shows are NOTHING like that. They are so good that you dread the end of the season. These shows include, Damages that was cancelled from FX. (terrible move), Dexter (Showtime), Mad Men & Breaking Bad (AMC) and a few others. I should be on the edge of my seat, not fast forwarding to get through a scene.
    I agree. I am tired of the dark lighting and expressionless face Linden has in every episode. She has no personality that makes you want to root for her.

I want to know what LE means, too.

Oh, I'm sorry. LE is for Law Enforcment. It refers to police, detectives, state police, FBI, etc. It covers any and all of them. I also posts on some boards about criminal investigations, that includes trials, missing persons, etc. It is commonly used on them. I must have forgotten where I was. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry. LE is for Law Enforcment. It refers to police, detectives, state police, FBI, etc. It covers any and all of them. I also posts on some boards about criminal investigations, that includes trials, missing persons, etc. It is commonly used on them. I must have forgotten where I was. LOL
    thanks Debb.... I kept trying to figure it out--Lead Investigator? no... Legal Evidence? no... LOL

p.s. I think there is a back story on Linden that may make us root for her more eventually

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    thanks Debb.... I kept trying to figure it out--Lead Investigator? no... Legal Evidence? no... LOL

p.s. I think there is a back story on Linden that may make us root for her more eventually
    If there is it is long overdue as is a change in her sweater. I had high hopes for this series and I am enjoying it but not as much as I expected.

It isn't about the slow pace; it is lack of character development. Linden's mother is the only character that is compelling. Everyone else is dark and brooding. Life is not like that. I know this is on purpose, just saying not that interesting to me.

Yes, I think some creative writing would have helped the script. Small things can turn a script around. They seem to be missing here, plus the ridiculous repeats on Linden getting a flight out of town.

The uncertainty on her son is just brutal. Not a good parenting choice. Why not let the son stay where he can have some stability until she gets her act together. Perhaps the friend she talks to could step in.

FORT Fogey

The Danish series was a huge hit but we don't know what TV is available to them in comparison. When I was in Australia I was shocked to find old American show reruns on prime time. We take our programing for granted and it is spectacular.

I don't know how closely this follows the plot or tone of its Danish predecessor but a lot is lacking for American viewers. And I am not saying it is not grand enough or fast enough or splashy like some may think we crave. It is just dull. Why not make the characters interesting? They all mope around and sulk. The politicos are paranoid, angry and overact. The blame lies with the director and writer.

I will see this through to the end in case we have a nifty twist or something to redeem it.

It feels like they are trying too hard to make it like Twin Peaks and it just isn't. Twin Peaks was so weird that we had to watch each episode over and over again until we felt we could understand what was going on........this isn't weird enough and it seems really really slow.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    It feels like they are trying too hard to make it like Twin Peaks and it just isn't. Twin Peaks was so weird that we had to watch each episode over and over again until we felt we could understand what was going on........this isn't weird enough and it seems really really slow.
    I pretty much agree with this. When I first read about The Killing, I thought of Twin Peaks, but it was so easy to retain interest in Twin Peaks' characters. I plan to continue watching The Killing, but I'm having a hard time getting invested in any of the characters.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Last edited by NJ EJ; 05-15-2011 at 09:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread