+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

FORT Fogey

Re: The Killing (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    thoughts on tonights show...gonna put it in spoiler form in case some haven't watched yet

okay...its not the teacher..they are making that wayyyy too obvious..didn't they say a pair of shoes he had were worth 1200.00 that puts her with the playboy millionaire IMO...in some way she had some contact with everyone of the suspects so they just have to sift through and shift the evidence til it comes to light...do I think she had something going on with the teacher..no I don't...not yet...I think it was on his agenda but he just hadn't gotten to that point yet did anyone notice anything in the pictures she was posting at the end...I know there is something there but I am not seeing it.
    I removed your spoiler tags because once a show has been aired it is okay to talk about. If you haven't seen the show, don't come to the thread. This is the accepted logic when it is not a show they are covering.

Yes, the teacher is too obvious and it is way too soon to have a clear suspect. Everyone is going to be a person of interest with the police. And each episode we are going to see someone looking very guilty. The original took 22 days/episodes to complete. We may get a shorter version.

I didn't see anything in the pics. I think she will have one blown up and zero in on the background when she finds something suspicious.

Okay, I have missed something. I didnt know she had contact with the billionaire. I dont want to go back, please refresh my memory. And the shoes? She was wearing them?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I removed your spoiler tags because once a show has been aired it is okay to talk about. If you haven't seen the show, don't come to the thread. This is the accepted logic when it is not a show they are covering.

Yes, the teacher is too obvious and it is way too soon to have a clear suspect. Everyone is going to be a person of interest with the police. And each episode we are going to see someone looking very guilty. The original took 22 days/episodes to complete. We may get a shorter version.

I didn't see anything in the pics. I think she will have one blown up and zero in on the background when she finds something suspicious.

Okay, I have missed something. I didnt know she had contact with the billionaire. I dont want to go back, please refresh my memory. And the shoes? She was wearing them?
    it never said she had contact with the billionaire..but she had some shoes worth 1200.00 and something else that was worth a lot of money that it was pretty obvious her parents couldn't afford...it was just something I picked up on that sang red flag
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    it never said she had contact with the billionaire..but she had some shoes worth 1200.00 and something else that was worth a lot of money that it was pretty obvious her parents couldn't afford...it was just something I picked up on that sang red flag
    oh yes. I remember that now.

I like this, so far, despite not particularly liking Linden. She doesn't have much of a personality. We see many shots of her expressionless face just staring. Why?

A detective's quirks, food trips, pets etc are a main stay of mystery novels. It is fun to get to know them off duty; it rounds out the picture. We are not going to get much of that with this one but it would be nice to like the lead character.

I have no idea why, but I'm getting a feeling that all is not right with her fiance. Maybe it's because her son clearly doesn't like him. Maybe it's because he doesn't seem at this point to bring much to the story other than to refer to a past case of hers and its effect on her. Or maybe it's because she's the lead character and if the show is renewed for another season, how can she move out of town.

Or, I could be completely wrong.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I have no idea why, but I'm getting a feeling that all is not right with her fiance. Maybe it's because her son clearly doesn't like him. Maybe it's because he doesn't seem at this point to bring much to the story other than to refer to a past case of hers and its effect on her. Or maybe it's because she's the lead character and if the show is renewed for another season, how can she move out of town.

Or, I could be completely wrong.
    I said the same thing to my fiancee last night... I get the same eery feeling about that guy...
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I think the Larson girl's dad went and borrowed that money from a loan shark, not because he really needed it, but because the wanted money off the books to pay a hit man to kill his daughter's killer. That's why he asked that guy to see who they were suspecting in the investigation. It would not surprise me if he ends up putting a hit on an innocent person like the teacher. Teacher is killed and then they find out it did NOT do it. Then the murdered girl's dad is facing murder charges. I hope he holds off and doesn't do it. Someone should remind him of the movie Mystic River. I hope the show doesn't go that route.

Something the rich guy running for mayor said keeps coming back to me. I think it was last week or the week before. He is talking to someone about why he wants to be mayor and he he mentions going to the low side or end of the line side or something that leads you to believe that he hung out with less advantaged youth. Then last night he's in the photo shoot with Bennett. There is so much to consider.

So why did the new detective put the money in a mailbox? Could the people in the house be his ex-wife and kid or something? Also, didn't Linden play Clarise Starling in Hannibal?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Also, didn't Linden play Clarise Starling in Hannibal?
    As far as I can remember only Jodie Foster and Julianne Moore have played her.

You are right CA, I guess the red hair threw me off.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    So why did the new detective put the money in a mailbox? Could the people in the house be his ex-wife and kid or something? Also, didn't Linden play Clarise Starling in Hannibal?
    Hmmmm. Not sure. I'll have to rewatch that part.

+ Reply to Thread