+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

Re: The Killing (AMC)

Yes, it's a two hour finale. I would love some theories or spoilers.

My theory about the park above fails, because it's spelled differently, however, I found that the road to Hamelin is from the Tale of the Pied Piper. Are you familiar with it? It's about a man who stole the children from the village. I think that's it. You can read on Wikipedia.

Does anyone know why some places Sarsgaard is listed as Ray Seward and other places as Tom Seward? Could he have a twin? If you google both they all refer to Sarsgaard. Odd.

Usually, before a finale I have a better idea of who it might be. I even always had a funny suspicion about Rosey Larsen's aunt, but couldn't put my finger on it.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

What did y'all think of the finale? Overall, I liked it for the Holder/Linden interaction, the Holder/girlfriend interaction, and the very well done funeral scene. Dannette's moment with Lyric was great and Twitch giving up the drugs added a glimmer of hope. I didn't mind it being Skinner as the killer, but there's something nagging in my head that the timeline of the killings might not add up.

I did have problems with the idea that Ray built a tree house so far out in the park...how would he get the lumber out there? The Reddick is guilty red herring was obvious from a mile away, but why wasn't he on the radar before? Good cops would have investigated the victims as well and the first girl had a rap sheet and had been involved with the cops 3 years ago. Why didn't Reddick say, "Hey, that's my former neighbor"? No one else recognized her on the force from her junior detective days?

The Ray plot/prison scenes ended up just to be filler to me. Well acted, but filler mostly.

I liked the season okay, but the problem is that the writers were so obsessed with throwing out red herrings and factual information about the killings that they screwed up the logic in their reveal. So many things were just ridiculous and contradicted the information from the previous episodes. I keep asking:

Why didn't Skinner actually get to Adrian? He is able to somehow follow the kid from that tree house, find out where he lives, get into his apt., murder and decapitate the mother, but he doesn't bother to find the child in the closet? If it was locked, he would have broke the lock.

So, Seward knew nothing of Skinner, so his whole act was rather pointless. He wasn't hiding something or protecting anyone. He was just an idiot for the pointless way he went down. And he is portrayed as a loser dad with no skills, yet he is motivated and able to carry a ton of plywood a long distance and build a treehouse for his 6 year-old son who is too timid to come out of a closet for 6 days, but prior to that often left the apt and walked a mile into an unmarked area to climb a tree house? Really? Swallow hard for that one.

Then we have a serial killer who starts his career at the ripe old age of 47. Really? He's kind of old to be stalking prostitutes, raping, murdering, dismemberting and hiding bodies, all because a young prostitute, street girl spit on him, he slapped her and now he would lose his career? Who would have believed her or even cared? That's the point of the season. Those kids were cast outs, throw-a-ways and no one cared about them. Okay, so if you swallow that,

then you have a man who thinks the teen girls are trash, no good, burdens to themself and society, but he adorns his daughter with one their rings. ? What? No sense, IMO.

ANd why did her cut off their fingers? Linden never mentioned that in the car. Why? It was a biggie. And why didn't Linden check the trunk of the car before driving for 6 hours? She had to know there was no time for Skinner to abduct the kid after school, drive to the lake, return to his house in time to be there packing when she showed up.

And why did Skinner burn Angie's body and pull out her teeth, but then leave her hand on with one finger missing. He's supposed to be bright. Why not leave the body in another county. And how did he locate her anyway? She left town.

My lists is long. I doubt there will be another season, though I would like to see how they get Linden out of trouble for shooting the guy. Now they can't find the locations of the other girls. Bad move Linden. She ruined it for the other victims and put Holder in a terrible situation. The woman is smarter than that, but the writers of this show love to pervert the storyline for shock value at the risk of mutilating the characters. I don't care for it and would think they would get it right eventually.

I actually liked the finale - some very well done scenes - but I hate how they just left it right there. I mean, damn. I sorta liked Skinner and found it a little hard to believe it was him, especially with the flimsy reasoning they gave. Midlife crisis from hell? Issues with marriage/women? That might explain the ring fingers being cut off, but still. They had found what, 21 bodies so far, and he insinuated there were many more that would never be found, along with poor Kallie in the lake.

Linden's in deep. I hope there is another season, I rather enjoyed this one and would like to see how this mess with Skinner's death falls out.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Yeah, I'm not sure if Skinner really killed many more girls or he was just trying to get Linden as angry as possible so she would kill him. He obviously wanted her to kill him. He didn't want to go through a possible execution like Seward did.

This show has been cancelled by AMC.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    This show has been cancelled by AMC.
    Thank goodness they put it out of its misery.

I hate it for the actors. They were great and now they don't have a job due to sorry writers.
    There seems to be a serious shortage of good writers. The horrible ones have popped up on some of the best tv series around and ruined them. Look at Dexter.

Well damn. I was actually looking forward to the next season.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I really liked the two lead actors and hope to see them in other tv projects soon. Also, I'm bummed because now we'll never know what would have happened to Linden for shooting her lover/boss.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

The actress who played Linden was on Big Love, then this show. I really hope we see her in another show soon. I wonder where the writers from Big Love and Six Feet Under went.

+ Reply to Thread