+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 356
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

  1. #321
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,023

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Theory?

    The killer of the kids is killing the kids to take the heat off of Seward. If similar killings are going on, then people will doubt Seward's guilt.

    As one of them (can't recall who) said...the perpetrator is going after hooker street kids because he thinks no one will come looking for them anyway.

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Kallie's mom = Seward's sister.
    The boy is Sewards nephew. Seward's sister killed his wife. Seward is protecting his sister - and her son. His sister is trying to get him off death row but pulling copy cat crimes. Maybe she is in partnership with someone...a man?

    just thinking out loud...

  2. #322
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This is one show that made me so angry ... I recall how much time I wasted on the first season. ...
    Same here. I liked the first season at the beginning. About half way through it started to drag with too many red herrings. I was angry at the season not being concluded and didn't have any interest in watching the second season. I didn't know there was a third season until reading here. I'm tempted to watch again.

  3. #323
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,839

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Theory?

    The killer of the kids is killing the kids to take the heat off of Seward. If similar killings are going on, then people will doubt Seward's guilt.

    As one of them (can't recall who) said...the perpetrator is going after hooker street kids because he thinks no one will come looking for them anyway.

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Kallie's mom = Seward's sister.
    The boy is Sewards nephew. Seward's sister killed his wife. Seward is protecting his sister - and her son. His sister is trying to get him off death row but pulling copy cat crimes. Maybe she is in partnership with someone...a man?

    just thinking out loud...
    Very interesting, but I'm not sure if the writers of this show are smart enough to come up with your scenerio. lol Really. But, if this is true, then would Kallie's mom (Seward's sister) kill her daughter? Wouldn't she just go for other throw-a-way teens and not her own daugther?

  4. #324
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,023

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Very interesting, but I'm not sure if the writers of this show are smart enough to come up with your scenerio. lol Really. But, if this is true, then would Kallie's mom (Seward's sister) kill her daughter? Wouldn't she just go for other throw-a-way teens and not her own daugther?
    I don't think she'd kill Kallie. But....it doesn't matter anyway because I'm thinking of a whole new theory based on something I read!!!

  5. #325
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,839

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Do tell, Jexter.

  6. #326
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,023

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Do tell, Jexter.
    I read on the AMC's The Killing discussion board that Seward has a twin whose name is Tom. The poster said he/she read that Peter Sarsgaard was listed on the IMDB site as playing both parts but that the listing for Tom has since been removed (I looked and couldn't find it; I don't have a personal life, by the way).

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Anyway, I haven't pieced together a new theory yet based on this, but....at this juncture, based on what I remember from the show (which is often incorrect, and I may do a marathon re-watch this weekend!), we have the following facts:
    • Seward's wife was killed 3 years ago.
    • The oldest body found in the bog was from about 6 months ago, i.e. not too far away from Seward's execution.
    • And, the most recent body was not dumped in the bog but rather left in some building - much easier for people to find...kind of like a clue to the other bodies
    • Seward's wife's finger was broken - not cut off - unlike the street kids.

    And, the following assumptions:
    • I don't think the producers would set Linden up to be wrong about Seward, and I agree with Linden that the boy would not want to visit Seward if Seward was the real killer. So, this tells me that Seward is, indeed, trying to protect someone.

    From these points, I surmise the following (at this juncture!)
    • Someone is killing the kids to make the public question Seward's guilt so that he does not get executed which explains the timing and the dumping of the most recent body in a more visible location.
    • The killer does not have complete access to the details of Seward's wife's killing because he is cutting off fingers rather than breaking them.
    • The killer is using street kids because he thinks no one will care about them.

    I do think there has to be more of a connection to Seward's wife murder and the street kids' killing, though. Just killing a bunch of kids to get some bad guy off death row is not the most substantive story line.

    Seward has said that both his mother and wife were "whores", etc. There is a link between them and the street kids somehow. And, with all the porn issues, I can't help but wonder if the little boy was victimized or witnessed it in the works. Whoever killed Seward's wife, did it to protect the boy. Come to think of it, I don't recall (possibly incorrectly) that any motivation for Seward wanting to kill his wife has been presented yet.

    I ALWAYS get these things wrong, so....the opposite of what I've said here is probably the case

    I will have to go back and rewatch a few episodes, too!
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-03-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    redsox girl likes this.

  7. #327
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,839

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Very interesting theories. It sounds too complicated for those writers to imagine, but who knows.
    If Seward is innocent of killing his wife, then who is he trying to protect? Obviously, the real killer is dangerous as hell. The real killer should be caught, so why would Seward want to protect them?

    And I was thinking more about the police officers that I was suspecting as being the new killer. Why would they start these murders now? It's days before Seward is to be executed. So, if they want to take him out of the equation and back on them, this is what you would do. Why would a cop do it? Unless, it's to make the original charging cops look bad. Or, if they are now feeling bad about killing the woman and they want to stop the execution of an innocent man. It's difficult to imagine that the person who killed Seward's wife has much of a conscience though.

  8. #328
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,023

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Someone else on another board posted that he thought Becker is the killer. Something about someone Seward knows clawing out the eyes of Becker's brother???

    I need to rewatch!

    Oh, one other clue...if you look at the previews for the upcoming episode, there is a scene with the pastor and Danette (Kallie's mom). The poster reads:

    "The ones who say you can't and you won't are probably the ones scared that you will."

    I think it is a subtle clue about the killer. The killer is killing the kids because he thinks they are useless, i.e. they can't, they won't. Not sure who that would be at this point other than the Twitch's parole officer.

  9. #329
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    live in the now
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    I think the writers are doing a bang up job, imo. In the real world of police/detective work, there are `red herrings' that go nowhere, hundreds of leads that are followed to dead ends or lead to something promising, only to fall apart. To me, The Killing does one heck of a job in accurately showing how time consuming, frustrating and complex the process of finding the right suspect really is. Or in some cases, the wrong suspect.
    As an example, It took police in Seattle over twenty years to catch The Green River Killer. They ran into more false leads, red herrings, red tape, mismanagement of resources, lost evidence and wrong suspects before catching Gary Ridgeway. There were long, boring lags in the case. Inner turmoil at Police headquarters. Personality clashes. At one point they spent months focusing their energies on a cab driver while Ridgeway continued killing. In the mid-eighties, Gary Ridgeway was arrested and questioned. But due to numerous errors and miscommunications he was let go. There was a point in which only one dogged detective continued to work the case. Ridgeway even changed part of his MO to successfully throw the detectives. They believed they had two killers at one point because of the change in MO.
    So, I think the writers of The Killing have it right, imo. They are accurately reflecting the reality of a police investigation. Even if that means frustrating the viewers. Whether or not a viewer finds that appealing is the question, to me.
    Punkin and waywyrd like this.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

  10. #330
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,023

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What annoys me about the show is that we know the leads they have right now are not leading to the real killer. We will see them go down endless dead end roads or innocent suspects. Only the last few minutes of the season will lead to the true killer. That's what is so predictible. Even an avid viewer isn't given sufficient evidence to draw conclusions. It will all be kept to the very end with an unlikely killer that we could never have seen any evidence about. It makes the weekly epsiodes seem like a waste of time. Why not wait and just watch the finale? lol

    Dead ends are a part of any investigation, but most crime stories will have some true hints that a sharp viewer could see, even when the detectives are making mistakes and don't see them. It's difficult for me to believe that the writer of this show was the writer for the former tv series Cold Case. I loved those shows. This one, not so much.
    Too funny. And so right. I have become obsessed with the show this season. So much so I mapped out a timeline in Illustrator. It's a program I'm trying to learn and justified the time spent that way. Gawd.

    Then it hit me. I even said it in a post once...it just never sunk in I guess....the show unravels clues episode by episode. There is no way we can know who the killer is until the very VERY end based solely on clues provided in earlier episodes. And this is completely by design on the part of the producers.

    Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I think the writers are doing a bang up job, imo. In the real world of police/detective work, there are `red herrings' that go nowhere, hundreds of leads that are followed to dead ends or lead to something promising, only to fall apart. To me, The Killing does one heck of a job in accurately showing how time consuming, frustrating and complex the process of finding the right suspect really is. Or in some cases, the wrong suspect.
    As an example, It took police in Seattle over twenty years to catch The Green River Killer. They ran into more false leads, red herrings, red tape, mismanagement of resources, lost evidence and wrong suspects before catching Gary Ridgeway. There were long, boring lags in the case. Inner turmoil at Police headquarters. Personality clashes. At one point they spent months focusing their energies on a cab driver while Ridgeway continued killing. In the mid-eighties, Gary Ridgeway was arrested and questioned. But due to numerous errors and miscommunications he was let go. There was a point in which only one dogged detective continued to work the case. Ridgeway even changed part of his MO to successfully throw the detectives. They believed they had two killers at one point because of the change in MO.
    So, I think the writers of The Killing have it right, imo. They are accurately reflecting the reality of a police investigation. Even if that means frustrating the viewers. Whether or not a viewer finds that appealing is the question, to me.
    And, I supposed this is true...as frustrating as it is.

    I'm now just enjoying the show as mostly a drama than a mystery accordingly. Takes the OCD off a bit, but I will still finish my timeline
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-09-2013 at 04:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.