+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

Re: The Killing (AMC)

Next week? Ugh. Well, we can all hate-watch together and talk junk about it if it sucks again.
    canadian_angel likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Ugh. I watched several episodes in season 1 as I prefer to give most scripted shows at least a chance and hoped it would get better. I thought it was just dreadful from the start and got progressively worse. I won't be watching it at all. I thought it had been cancelled some time ago. For those who do like it, enjoy.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks! I really like the show, so I, for one, am happy it got picked up again. I think it will have a whole new flavor this time around. New case, and it seems as if Holder might be more the *main* character.
    Punkin and redsox girl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Ugh. I watched several episodes in season 1 as I prefer to give most scripted shows at least a chance and hoped it would get better. I thought it was just dreadful from the start and got progressively worse. I won't be watching it at all. I thought it had been cancelled some time ago. For those who do like it, enjoy.
    I could not get through the first season either. Not for me. I am a tough sell on scripted drama but this was worse than I could have imagined. I will pop in after it begins just to see if she still wears that same sweater everyday and if the lighting has improved. Oh and the rain!

I saw a preview for it this morning, and no, her wardrobe has not been updated.

Holder looks great, though, and he's the main reason I'll watch. I love his character. Looks like a serial killer theme this time?
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I saw a preview for it this morning, and no, her wardrobe has not been updated.

Holder looks great, though, and he's the main reason I'll watch. I love his character. Looks like a serial killer theme this time?
    He gained wait for the reboot for Robo Cop and for a role in one of the Swedish movies he stars in during the off season from The Killing. Looking forward to the new season.
    Punkin likes this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

This is one show that made me so angry that I even get angry when I see the new season advertised. lol They make it look so amusing and I admit I'm tempted, but then I recall how much time I wasted on the first season. I just don't think I can take it again.

Does anyone know if they have all new writers?

Well that was better than I thought it would be, especially the second hour. Peter Sarsgaard is creepy as the death row inmate, and I love me some Holder. Linden, even though she's been busted down to ferry patrol, is still majorly obsessive. I loved the "I quit smoking" lies as they both were burning them up five minutes later.

I thought that Bullet kid was a boy!
    YorkieMom and canadian_angel like this.

Peter Sarsgaard!!!!!!!!! OH NO! I love Peter Sarsgaard! He's one of my favorite actors. There's something about him I like. I like most everything about this guy and have for years. I will have to watch just to see him.

He is so talented that I am SHOCKED he would appear in a show that has bad writing. I wonder if they got new writers. I'll have to check it out, because Sarsgaard is a real treat.

Peter Sarsgaard - that's who he was! I knew I'd seen that actor somewhere but couldn't place him. I was almost feeling sorry for him until he got hold of the priest . I'm liking the new season and glad no more Rosie Larsen family! I wonder if we'll see Billy Campbell again, I hope so. I'm also glad Linden's son is living with the dad. No matter how much she loves her son she just couldn't ever get her life together enough to give him stability.

I knew Bullet was a girl because I watched the behind the scenes preview On Demand. And the writer promised a conclusion at the end of the season, I think they learned their lesson, lol.

Waywyrd, I laughed too about both of them smoking in practically the next scene
    waywyrd likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread