+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

FORT Fan

Re: The Killing (AMC)

If there is a season 3, I wonder if Linden will decide to come back after all, or who they will get to replace her?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

They left a lot of storyline available for Linden. Plus, she was more the main character than Holder. I really hated her the whole first season, and most of the second. I think I only mildly warmed up to her by the end of the second season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    She was Rosie's aunt. She didn't know it was Rosie in the trunk of the car when she sent it into the water. I had a bad feeling about her in season 1, but they seemed to clear her so I thought I was wrong. But, it was her after all.
    Thank you! So who put her in the trunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Thank you! So who put her in the trunk?
    Jamie, Richmond's assistant, thought Rosie had overheard some sensitive information and hit her when she tried to leave. He was the one who chased her and hit her again. He put her in the trunk. He then took her to the lake and called Aimes who was with Terry. When they got to the lake Jamie and Ames were argueing about what they should do, when Terry silently went over to the car with Rosie in the trunk and took it out of park and let it roll into the water. Pretty cold IMO. I couldn't do that to a cat, dog or even a mouse, let alone a human.

Jamie admits what happened to Richmond. Soon after the police show up. Jamie commits suicide by cop when he points his unloaded gun at Linden. Holder shoots and kills Jamie.

FORT Fogey

Jamie, Richmond's assistant, thought Rosie had overheard some sensitive information and hit her when she tried to leave. He was the one who chased her and hit her again. He put her in the trunk. He then took her to the lake and called Aimes who was with Terry. When they got to the lake Jamie and Ames were argueing about what they should do, when Terry silently went over to the car with Rosie in the trunk and took it out of park and let it roll into the water. Pretty cold IMO. I couldn't do that to a cat, dog or even a mouse, let alone a human.

Jamie admits what happened to Richmond. Soon after the police show up. Jamie commits suicide by cop when he points his unloaded gun at Linden. Holder shoots and kills Jamie.
    Thank you again. I am glad I didnt struggle through the second season. This plot does not intrigue me.

I know I said I would never watch again, but I may try the third and last season. If it starts getting annoying again, I can drop it. I'm considering it.

FORT Fogey

I know I said I would never watch again, but I may try the third and last season. If it starts getting annoying again, I can drop it. I'm considering it.
    I may consider it too. I hate mysteries that involve politics so hopefully they can leave that out of it. If they have read feedback on both pros and cons perhaps they will give her a new sweater and turn the lights up. Did she ever marry her man?

She never did marry him. He came back at Holder's request to spring her from the loony bin, but then he disappeared once she got out.

There are plenty of loose ends to deal with in season three...
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    She never did marry him.
    This was the bright note, since he was still her treating psychiatrist at the time. I took medical ethics back in college when I thought I was going to go down the MD road and it struck me seven ways from Sunday weird that a psychiatrist (who is an MD) would be dating a patient, but a friend of mine who also watches the show is an actual MD and she confirmed it's a serious ethics violation. In my professional world, it's akin to a divorce lawyer dating his/her client during the divorce. It's unethical and punishable by losing the license to practice. As in your job is done and you'll never have it again. I didn't see anything in the Rick/Sarah story that led me to believe he'd risk his livelihood for her until she was on 72 hour hold, and even then he was reluctant. It was just another failing in the lack of research in the writing.

That said, if another head writer was employed, I'd gladly watch a Holder-centric 3rd season.
    maude~flanders likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    This was the bright note, since he was still her treating psychiatrist at the time. I took medical ethics back in college when I thought I was going to go down the MD road and it struck me seven ways from Sunday weird that a psychiatrist (who is an MD) would be dating a patient, but a friend of mine who also watches the show is an actual MD and she confirmed it's a serious ethics violation. In my professional world, it's akin to a divorce lawyer dating his/her client during the divorce. It's unethical and punishable by losing the license to practice. As in your job is done and you'll never have it again. I didn't see anything in the Rick/Sarah story that led me to believe he'd risk his livelihood for her until she was on 72 hour hold, and even then he was reluctant. It was just another failing in the lack of research in the writing.

That said, if another head writer was employed, I'd gladly watch a Holder-centric 3rd season.
    JMO, though not common, doctors, lawyers and professors have relationships with their patients, clients and students, gone on to marry them. Goodess knows there are enough true crime books dealing with the subject of innapropriate relationships between doctors and their patients, lawyers and their clients and professors and their students, It's unethical but it happens in real life. I think the writers are aware most viewers know this and used it to show us yet another area of Lindens life that is messed up due to poor judgement and vunerability.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

+ Reply to Thread