+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

Re: The Killing (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Hi all--this show just came on Netflix and I started espisode 1 last night. I have heard a ton of hype and seen good reviews but I feel asleep in like 20 minutes. So my question for all of you is--should I give it another go--is it worth it?
    It's your time, but I regret every giving that show even 1 hour of my time. It was that horrible. The writers totally disrespected the audience. I think it's the most insulting show I have ever seen. All talk and no action. I would encourage you to watch something that is really well written and that challenges you to think a lot. They include, Homeland (Showtime), Breaking Bad (AMC) and others.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Hi all--this show just came on Netflix and I started espisode 1 last night. I have heard a ton of hype and seen good reviews but I feel asleep in like 20 minutes. So my question for all of you is--should I give it another go--is it worth it?
    Stunningly boring. Along with the slow almost non exsistant plot, the cinnematography and wardrobe are atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Stunningly boring. Along with the slow almost non exsistant plot, the cinnematography and wardrobe are atrocious.
    On target with all -- non-existent plot, cinematography shot so dark most of the time that's it's impossible to watch. I will never understand why some directors think a constantly dark palate adds drama. I have pretty good eyesight and if I can't see what's going on, I lose interest very quickly. Another problem for me is that there is not one character I can like, or at least can feel some sympathy for. I watch part of the season premiere on demand to see if I'd like it more this time around, but I'm done.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

It seems like some people would rather have there be big time explosions or something every few minutes, like a generic action movie or something. What's wrong with the wardrobes? lol

I don't need big time explosions...but I do need the story to stop repeating itself over and over again...now this is JMO but they have dragged this out way too long and made their det. look like a bumbling idiot like she is chasing her tail and doesn't know one end from the other and it seems like she keeps going over the same ground over and over again and the story doesn't move forward at all..it just stays stagnet
    Florimel and Debb70 like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    It seems like some people would rather have there be big time explosions or something every few minutes, like a generic action movie or something. What's wrong with the wardrobes? lol
    I don't like action movies. I think you may be missing our point. It isn't a good story; there is nothing that makes you look forward to this with eager anitcipation. The only reason most of us here stuck with it was the promise of knowing the killer at the end. Once you had invested a couple of episodes it was a, why not stick it out type thing.

The wardrobe? The lead character wore the same damn sweater the entire time, everyday and every night. I don't know why I even complain about that because it rained everyday and the lighting was so dark you couldn't see much.
    Florimel and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fan

Yeah the show can get a little slow at times. Though so can real life, and it's more realistic than having things moving non stop all the time. They dwelve into the character's lives extensively, instead of everything just being plot driven. It wouldn't be that realistic to have cookie cutter versions of people where one person is entirely a good guy and another person is entirely bad. If the show was that boring to somebody, there wasn't much sense to keep watching. Just read the spoilers when the killer is revealed.

I didn't notice that much what the people were wearing. Maybe that is more of a female type of observance, no offense.

I'm glad that the show isn't all bright and cheery looking, that wouldn't make sense for this type of situation. Plus it would hurt people's eyes and be headache inducing.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I found this in my Netflix streaming queue and watched all of season 1 in marathon fashion. I love it! Which side is Holder playing? Does the political suspect actually die from the supposed gunshot? Does she get the plane to turn around?

The are so many complex characters in this series, it's mind boggling. I taped last night's season 2 opener, but will get antsy having to wait a full week between episodes.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

You're definitely in the minority, Ariel. Though, yes, I'm still watching like a dummy. Holder is probably the most interesting (and flawed) character on this show. He's one of the few things that keep me watching. Midge, on the other hand, makes me ill. Way to hold it together for your family, lady.

We're supposed to be on what, day 14 or so of the investigation? Why does it seem like they've been chasing their tails for months on end? Sheesh.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

cause IMO they have made it appear that she has done nothing but chase her tail..the story just doesn't seem to move forward...now there are some interesting characters but the writing for this show is awful..I just want to know who killed Rosie
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread