+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: The Killing (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Marlena, call your cable company and ask for AMC HD. I've had it for at least two years on Cox (I didn't have HD before then, so it could be around even longer).
    I have DirecTV... and they don't offer AMC HD
    Thanks though!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I have DirecTV... and they don't offer AMC HD
    Thanks though!!!
    Direct TV? Hey, if you are watcing Damages, which I think is only available through Direct TV, please post an update on these boards. I think there is already a thread for it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I watched the ending and then the beginning when it was on repeat. I also sat to record so I can watch uninterupted in full. I think I will like it.

It caught my interest, but I did notice some problems early on. I hope it was just a gliche and I won't see anymore of them. It was when the lady Det. was working her last day on the job. She was supposed to fly out later that evening. Why in the world would you send that person out on a field call, even with a new guy with her? What if she found evidence? She would have to fly back for a trial if the case was solved. When someone is on their way out, they do desk work for weeks prior to leaving just to prevent that type of thing from happening.

I guess I'm too picky, but glaring storyliine problems turn me off. Please tell me the rest of the show isn't like that.
    I find myself doing this all the time! I can drive myself nuts. But I always bring myself back around to the wisdom of suspending logic. It is the only way I can operate because movies are filled with some pretty ridiculous plot devices. Hang in there, from what I have read this show promises to be riveting.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I find myself doing this all the time! I can drive myself nuts. But I always bring myself back around to the wisdom of suspending logic. It is the only way I can operate because movies are filled with some pretty ridiculous plot devices. Hang in there, from what I have read this show promises to be riveting.

I know. You're right. If it happens later in the movie, I can handle it, but when it's in the first 20 minutes, I just get so annoyed. Just a little thought would go a long way. LOL

FORT Fogey

I know. You're right. If it happens later in the movie, I can handle it, but when it's in the first 20 minutes, I just get so annoyed. Just a little thought would go a long way. LOL
    Oh yeah, I totally did this and continued to wonder what was going on with her leaving, the entire damn show! I knew she wouldnt because she is the star. There was NO discussion with her boyfriend or son about canceling the flight and last I heard they had to leave to catch it in 5 minutes. Who sits at their desk and says that?! She would have been home doing last minute packing and checking to make sure they had everything. And what about the moving van that was coming that afternoon? Believe me I may have you beat in this area.

I watched this last night on my DVR. I really liked it & actually cried during the scenes with Michelle Forbes, especially when they told the boys.
    The show reminded me of the X-files episodes when they were in the Pacific Northwest as well. Loved that!!!
    I get the whole thing about why would they send her out on the call, but I guess I just figured that since she went out with the new guy, he could handle any follow up & just as a kind of show the new guy how we do things here. Was the new guy really smoking pot with the HS girls?
    As to the flip phones, maybe it's just more dramatic to close a flip phone rather than press a smart phone button?
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

I watched my recorded copy last night, too, and quite liked it. I'm interested to see how this story develops. I don't have a problem with putting aside behavior that may or may not seem reasonable when I'm watching a fictional story well told, whether in a film, a book, or a tv show. It is, after all, fiction and good storytelling overrides realism for me.

My impression is that this show will be like Damages in that season 1 will be about solving this particular murder. If it gets renewed, there will be a new mystery in season 2.

So far, I'm enjoying The Killing, Body of Proof, and Chaos. There are a few more starting in June that I'm eager to see.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Direct TV? Hey, if you are watcing Damages, which I think is only available through Direct TV, please post an update on these boards. I think there is already a thread for it.
    I'm a huge fan of Damages and waiting for the new season to start

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Can anyone tell me if the premiere show that aired on Sunday was 1 or 2 hours?
    Looks like they're repeating it tonight and I'd like to record it.
    TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the premiere show that aired on Sunday was 1 or 2 hours?
    Looks like they're repeating it tonight and I'd like to record it.
    TIA
    The pilot is two hours. Hope this helps.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread