+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

Re: The Killing (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    What? Really? That is awful! I can't believe they're going to drag it out like that... again.
    That program was so insulting to the viewers that it boggles the brain that they have the nerve to run a second season. I will not watch another episode. They lost me last season for good cause. I'm done. There are plenty other good shows that do have good writing like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Homeland, etc. I don't need The Killing.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.

I really, really wish that they had stuck more closely to the British version. In that one, they wrapped up the first series very nicely by the end. There wasn't this monumental let down. I'm pretty sure when it airied, I heared the collective groans of CAN/US.

I was torn about watching tonight and I caved. I watched and I was so angry at the story. It was slow, it was redundant. I don't care about anything at this point except for the moment when we find out who actually killed Rosie.

FORT Fogey

I doubt I will remember enough of this lame, slow plot to even register who the killer is and what part they played in her life. Definately not watching but I will check out the killer when this concludes, just in case I remember.
    waywyrd and Florimel like this.

I was expecting to find out who the killer was in the premiere. I certainly hope they're not going to drag this out another entire season. I'm losing my patience.

Oh, no, I totally missed the premiere. I'm sure I missed SO much. [/sarcasm]

I'm still pissed over the "finale" last season. I'll watch this On Demand during the week when there are no other decent shows on, but I won't go out of my way to watch it real time. There are too many good shows on Sunday night to waste time with this poorly written crap.
    Florimel likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I recall that I watched the first episode in the first season. I think it was 2 hours long. I thought it had promise. Then as it progressed, I became very surprised and disappointed. Common, normal things that any rookie police officer would know, were beyond the veteran officers that we were given. Common sense was thrown out the window and even after they screwed up and something horrible happened, they never learned from it. They would turn around and do it again! A show about police detectives should have at least a little bit of knowledge about proper police protocol.

I also found that whole thing about her going to marry this guy out of state annoying. Who in their right mind would want to marry this woman. What could she have possibly offered to anyone?

Overall, hardly anything they offered to me was believable. I ended up after each episode, just wanting to slap the writers and directors. Poor actors were boring as paint drying, but they had such a lousy script to work with. I'm sure they were humilated to be there. LOL I guess they were desperate for a job and that's what brought them back for season two. I wish them well. It would be difficult to be as sorry as season I.
    Florimel likes this.

Hi all--this show just came on Netflix and I started espisode 1 last night. I have heard a ton of hype and seen good reviews but I feel asleep in like 20 minutes. So my question for all of you is--should I give it another go--is it worth it?

I just saw a commerical on AMC for this show..said it was as intense and spellbinding...and I am thinking WTH are you talking about the same show I watched all last season waiting to find out who the killer was and bored to death after episode 4 cause they kept going in circles and I would hope a homicide det would do a better job
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Hi all--this show just came on Netflix and I started espisode 1 last night. I have heard a ton of hype and seen good reviews but I feel asleep in like 20 minutes. So my question for all of you is--should I give it another go--is it worth it?
    Do you like a show that's all hype and no follow through? Do you like a show that promises a big (and actual) reveal of the killer only to decide that maybe they'll get around to it by the end of season 2? If yes, then this show is for you!

In all seriousness, it started off with great promise in season 1 and then the producers/writers, etc pretty much said screw the audience.

FORT Fan

I think there are some interesting characters on this show, especially Holder. Some people seem too impatient with the killer not being revealed yet. It makes the show more unique.

+ Reply to Thread