+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

FORT Fogey

Re: The Killing (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    She was clothed and the area was wooded but there was a clearing nearby that the cops searched when they were looking for her body. Also, FWIW, you can re-watch all the episodes on amctv.com.

I re-watched the last one because I fell asleep at the end. I now am convinced Holder is a genius comedian trapped in a cop job.

Loved the bit about how pork rinds are vegetarian because they're snacks.
    If the writing had been better we would have enjoyed more lines like this. Holder could have been a fabulous character and a relief from the dark and brooding Linden.

Well, I'm rather confused after last night's episode. Does anyone know if the medical examiner tested the water in Rosie's lungs to determine if it was lake water or pool water? That should have been done. So if not, will they have to exhume the body to do that test? Now I'm wonder if she drowned in that rich cat's indoor pool. Why did he want the candidate for mayor's male assistant to put on a swim suit and join him? Why not keep the girls just for himself? Why share with this younger guy and also, why wear a suit? In that kind of setting, wouldn't everybody have just been naked. I mean what's the point of a swim suit? I found that odd.

That whole thing with Rosie's aunt has me confused. I dont' understand it.

Why do they keep showing Rosie's dad as if he is guilty. He was out of town on a camping trip with the family right? So he couldn't have done it. Has he been having an affair with his wife's sister? What is so creepy about how they are acting?

And who was sitting at the table with Mr. Larson's family in his dream. (THe one he described to the psychiatrist.)

They are now making it look like it's the rich candiate for mayor, but I think it must not be, because they said the shocking identity of the killer will be revealed in the last 2 minutes of the show. Well, in that case, it can't be the rich, candidate for mayor, because he has already been revealed. That wouldn't be shocking at this point.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-13-2011 at 10:21 AM.

FORT Fogey

Debb, I am as confused as you are and have no desire to rewatch it. I have no clue what is going on or why and I doubt anyone could ever clear it up.

I think Richmond will prove to be another red herring and that it is someone else who is the killer. We know he hired the one gal and talked about what it felt like to drown, this was the anniversary of his wife's death. I'm assuming that the drunk driver who hit his wife's car made the car go into some body of water and she drowned.

I'm not sure if the killer is Drexler, the basketball dude, or possibly one of Richmond's aides. Long time ago I thought it might be Gwen, so that'd be a pretty cool ending. The cop friend of Holder's said that the prostitute who was beat up described a shortish man with curly hair, which would point to Drexler. That also could be another red herring.

Just read that TK got renewed for a second season, so I'm happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat View Post
    I think Richmond will prove to be another red herring and that it is someone else who is the killer. We know he hired the one gal and talked about what it felt like to drown, this was the anniversary of his wife's death. I'm assuming that the drunk driver who hit his wife's car made the car go into some body of water and she drowned.

I'm not sure if the killer is Drexler, the basketball dude, or possibly one of Richmond's aides. Long time ago I thought it might be Gwen, so that'd be a pretty cool ending. The cop friend of Holder's said that the prostitute who was beat up described a shortish man with curly hair, which would point to Drexler. That also could be another red herring.

Just read that TK got renewed for a second season, so I'm happy about that.
    well I just saw a commerical with her hollering at richmond asking is that why you killed her which tells me its not him...I made my guess 7 episodes ago...I think its the billionaire they gave it away in the first episdoe if you go back and watch...lets wait and see if i am right then I will explain if I am...if I'm not..then I don't know who did it....
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well I just saw a commerical with her hollering at richmond asking is that why you killed her which tells me its not him...I made my guess 7 episodes ago...I think its the billionaire they gave it away in the first episdoe if you go back and watch...lets wait and see if i am right then I will explain if I am...if I'm not..then I don't know who did it....
    Are you talking about the guy who has the pool inside his apt? I guess Rosie could have accidently drowned his his pool, but how would they explain her injuried fingers and the scene where she is running through the woods. That didn't look accidental IMO.

Whoever did it, set up the candidate running for mayor. Who would want to set him up and why?
    I'm still leaning towards the aunt, but I can't see her motive and also how she could overpower Rosie and chase her down.

Linden got on my last nerve last night threatening to prosecute her exhusband if he sees their son. WHAT? She neglects this kid like crazy and then has a hissy fit when someone else shows interest and wants to spend time with the kid? What is wrong with that woman? I really dislike her. In fact, I don't care for anybody on the show really. I feel sorry for Linden's kid. Sorry Rosie was killed, but the rest are losers. I'm not sure I could take another season of this.

Oh, and Mrs. Larson is all upset when it was HER who practically demanded that her husband kill Bennett. What a short memory she has.

Oh, yeah..I hear you about Mitch. I hate her even more now that I did before.

Re the millionaire, if you mean Rosie's ex-boyfriend's dad or the basketball dude? They are both rich, and Drexler sounds like the guy who beat up the one hooker last year, while Richmond was the dude talking about drowning.

The last 5 minutes are supposed to be "bone chilling". I'm just not wanting the killer to be Richmond, since I love Billy Campbell and want him to be the new mayor.
    Debb70 likes this.

There are so many articles that have nothing but accolades for Mitch, but I cannot stand her. At all. To me she is really overdramatic and has put entirely too much on her husband and sister.
    Debb70 likes this.

This show reminds me of Harper's Island where it started out great and then sloppy writing and editing and I think even a change in "whodunnit" by the writers halfway through made for a very unsatisfactory ending. If it turns out to be a peripheral character that we've hardly seen I'll be really disappointed. I agree with those who say Linden is a terrible detective. And Mitch is such a hypocrite. She did in fact yell at her husband for letting Bennet get away the last time he almost hurt him and then acted all high and mighty when he did hurt him. And speaking of Bennet, they haven't even updated us on his condition for two episodes now. I would be ok with the killer being Bennet's wife. I had a theory in my mind that she really already had the baby and is pretending to still be pregnant, which would explain her being able to run Rosie down, lol. I know it's farfetched but these mystery shows usually are. My other suspects are Drexler, Richmond's two assistants (the male and the female), the father of the female assistant (I think he's a Senator), and Rosie's best friend. But they have barely mentioned some of these characters so trying to tie them in to being her killer now would seem sloppy. I don't know if I can take another season but am committed to seeing this one through, although I feel pretty sure I'll be calling BS when they do reveal the killer.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I really can't believe AMC renewed this show for a second season. I have to re-watch the end of last night's episode because I again zoned out. The sloppy police work and the "24"-like indecisive writing aside, I just don't care about any of these characters any more. Not even Mitch, and I love Michelle Forbes. I hope AMC got a whole new group of writers for the next season, if I even bother to give it a chance.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread