+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

FORT Fogey

Re: The Killing (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Good point about it not being Linden's son. Still, if there is another season, she needs to find a place where her son can live and have a good homelife. She has neglected him terribly and he should not be forced to raise himself in a hotel room or on a boat.

How many know who the killer was in the Dutch version? I read that they are making it a different one in the American version. I know and I hope they have changed it in this version.
    I don't know who did it in the Danish version but they changed a lot. A woman lawyer was murdered. The plot bears no resemblence.
    Last edited by shoepie; 06-01-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I don't know who did it in the Danish version but they changed a lot. A woman lawyer was murdered. The plot bears no resemblence.
    Oh, maybe there were several versions, plus the novel. Here's an article on one. In this one a school girl was murdered. I'm not sure, but I don't think they give the killer's identity. I read it elsewhere. I'm looking now.

The Killing: meet Sofie Gråbøl, star of the hit Danish crime thriller | Television & radio | The Observer

The Danish version of The Killing is already well past the first season which was the same as the American version. I do know who the killer was in the Danish version. (For the same season/plot) If you'd like I can spoil it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    The Danish version of The Killing is already well past the first season which was the same as the American version. I do know who the killer was in the Danish version. (For the same season/plot) If you'd like I can spoil it?
    Please do, they changed the killer so at least we can eliminate one! Put it is spoiler tags in case someone else doesnt want to see it. Thanks.

The killer in the Danish series was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Belko (Stan's employee/coworker)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    The killer in the Danish series was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Belko (Stan's employee/coworker)
    Thanks.

In my figuring, which has been precious little, I have eliminated the political plot line. I don't think any of them are involved. I have been looking closer at the family connections. This show does not employ logic but usually a murderer knows the victim and can be found very close to the inner circle, if not in it.

The article that I read that gave the identity of the killer in the Danish version said that the American version had been changed to a different killer. I guess they wanted to keep the suspense going and if people already knew, it wouldn't be as interesting. In light of this, I have eliminated the killer in the Danish version from my list of suspects.

Sad, but they should have worked on the script more and made the story more interesting that way. LOL

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The article that I read that gave the identity of the killer in the Danish version said that the American version had been changed to a different killer. I guess they wanted to keep the suspense going and if people already knew, it wouldn't be as interesting. In light of this, I have eliminated the killer in the Danish version from my list of suspects.

Sad, but they should have worked on the script more and made the story more interesting that way. LOL
    I agree. And because of this elimination we can choose within the same catagory of connection to the family. The guy who was at the house when she made the phone call saw him, I presume and he probably know hiim. I am going to run with that. That narrows the field. I didnt need the narrowing, as I said, murders are usually very close to the victim in some way.

Wouldn't it have to be someone who is physcially fit enough to chase Rosey down. Remember how she had escaped and was running through this field. Who would be strong enough to overpower her, tie her up and chase her down? Could a woman do that? I have thought of the aunt, but she doesn't seem strong enough to be lifting bodies around.

Plus, why would someone leave her to drown in the trunk of the car on purpose? That seems quite cruel, unless you want the person to suffer. They could have killed her with a bullet or knocked her out before disposing of her body. Who would hate her so much?

Has Linden consulted with a profiler yet? Seems like that might be a good idea. No, she's wait for one to stumble into her office of fall onto the top of her car.

FORT Fogey

I assumed the killer thought she was dead when he/she put her in the trunk. That is important in the investigation. Well, in a normal murder mystery it would be. It is hard to look for clues because they are not being offered. Assuming she was dead could indicate a woman killer. Women generally kill cleanly and don't use brutal means. I have forgotten what was done to her before the trunk. And no mention of the expensive shoes. There is so much missing that identifying the killer is just a wild guess from viewers.

No one I know that is watching this likes it and the general consensus on the internet is a big thumbs down. Terrible writing and direction.

+ Reply to Thread