+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 370
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

  1. #111
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Debb, I could not make out who the man was in the pic with Rosie. Thanks. Interesting that the son could be a suspect too. I agree with all you said about being a lousy detective and mother. Huge mistake in the screen play. No seasoned professional would say anything about suspects, ever.

    I assumed that the father, who has had a gambling problem, spent the money. Did I miss something? And the phone records? How did you know she made a call when she returned home that night. Damn, I have to watch this again? Noooooooooooooo!

  2. #112
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,321

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Debb, I could not make out who the man was in the pic with Rosie. Thanks. Interesting that the son could be a suspect too. I agree with all you said about being a lousy detective and mother. Huge mistake in the screen play. No seasoned professional would say anything about suspects, ever.

    I assumed that the father, who has had a gambling problem, spent the money. Did I miss something? And the phone records? How did you know she made a call when she returned home that night. Damn, I have to watch this again? Noooooooooooooo!
    I was referring to the video tape of the candidate for mayor shaking hands with Rosey. His supporters, the guy and woman, found it and are having it destroyed. The guy said they shouldn't even tell the candidate, because he should be able to say with no hesitation that he didn't know the girl. The woman is not so sure. She was sitting there replaying the video. Maybe she sees something the guy didn't. Maybe she thinks they had a relationship. She's hanging onto the tape for some reason.

    When Linden and her partner were talking to the family friend who was hiding in the house when Rosey came home the night she vanished, he said Rosey was talking to someone on the phone. She would have used either her phone or the house phone, so if they had checked the records, they would have seen who she called that night. It's like a series of blunders, but checking the phone records should have been one of the first things they did, even before her body was found.

    It looks like Rosey called to check on the ferry schedule and went to the gambling casino on the Indian Reservation. (Previews show them trying to search and being denied.)

    I can't wait until they wrap this up! And I pray they don't have a second season.

  3. #113
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    When Linden and her partner were talking to the family friend who was hiding in the house when Rosey came home the night she vanished, he said Rosey was talking to someone on the phone. She would have used either her phone or the house phone, so if they had checked the records, they would have seen who she called that night. It's like a series of blunders, but checking the phone records should have been one of the first things they did, even before her body was found.
    This irritated me so much. It's 10 days into the investigation and they hadn't checked cab companies from Bennet's house, hadn't checked phone records, and didn't recognize the casino logo on the key chain? Have these cops ever seen an episode of The First 48 on A&E?

    I'm not certain--seeing as how it just seems they were making up new details on the fly by this point in the season--but I think the Larson dad blew through the money by having to pay the mortgage on the house he bought right before Rosie died. OTOH, next week we may learn he has a stake in the riverside project and blew it all there.

  4. #114
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,321

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    I agree about the mistakes made in the investigation. Can you imagine how angry Rosey's mom is going to be at Linden? Not only does she zero in on the wrong person, but she reinforces that he is the one, causing her husband to possibly go to prison for the rest of his life, if Bennet dies. All a waste. She will now lose her house, her business and nowhere for her kids to grow up. Nice going Linden. LOL

    Why do the producers think people want to watch incompetent detectives, stumble their way through an investigation, while they neglect their children. OH, I forgot that Linden's fiance came to visit her. As he was talking to her, I wondered why in the world would this man be so crazy over this woman when she doesn't seem to have a personality and isn't that bright either. She puts her family at the very bottom of her priorty list. Gee, sounds like a winner to me. LOL

  5. #115
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Yes, yes and yes to all the above posts! This show is a mess. Any couch detective would have done a better job.

    Her lack of personality, facial expression and tone make this show more boring than the plot line. One of the joys of reading mysteries is the personality and quirks of the detective!

  6. #116
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,185

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    And that's the key. I can accept almost any degree of unreality in fiction, if it's a good story with characters to invest in. There is not a character in this show I can manage to care about for good or for bad.

    Linden clearly has some back story with a prior case that affected her mentally and emotionally, but then so does Kate Beckett and we love her. We're supposed to feel for Linden when we find out what it is, but I just don't see that happening.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  7. #117
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    I am gonna see if through..I wanna know who the killer is...but the first 3 episodes were good then it just went stagnant...it picked up some last night finally...but my guess for the killer is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the billionaire
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  8. #118
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,321

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I am gonna see if through..I wanna know who the killer is...but the first 3 episodes were good then it just went stagnant...it picked up some last night finally...but my guess for the killer is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the billionaire
    Okay. I can see it. Please post in spoiler brackets and tell me why.

    I posted upthread one of my theories, but I didn't put it in spoiler brackets, because I don't know for sure that is who the killer is. I was just guessing. You don't really know, do you?

    If there was some horrible thing that happened with Linden that still haunts her, you would think her supervisiors would have seen that she is not up to this job. Based on her investigation of this case, she should admit she dropped the ball on numerous points and turn it over to someone else, NOT her partner. He's not much better than her. She may want to start working under another more experienced detective to learn how to really work a murder case. She needs it.

    She doesn't need to focus on an old case that she messed up. She has the near death of Bennet to focus on. I can't imagine her recklessness causing much more pain that that.

  9. #119
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    We don't need spoiler tags to offer our theories on why we think someone did it. I searched the internet to find a who dunnit spoiler and there was nothing. I was seeking to put myself out of misery. No luck. If there is a spoiler that some one knows, PM me!

    I have no guesses but I love the idea of Linden's son. I don't think it is him because that would not bode well if they wanted to do another series with this cast. God forbid.

  10. #120
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,321

    Re: The Killing (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    We don't need spoiler tags to offer our theories on why we think someone did it. I searched the internet to find a who dunnit spoiler and there was nothing. I was seeking to put myself out of misery. No luck. If there is a spoiler that some one knows, PM me!

    I have no guesses but I love the idea of Linden's son. I don't think it is him because that would not bode well if they wanted to do another series with this cast. God forbid.
    Good point about it not being Linden's son. Still, if there is another season, she needs to find a place where her son can live and have a good homelife. She has neglected him terribly and he should not be forced to raise himself in a hotel room or on a boat.

    How many know who the killer was in the Dutch version? I read that they are making it a different one in the American version. I know and I hope they have changed it in this version.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.