+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

FORT Fogey

Re: The Killing (AMC)

I bumped this. I have to rewatch it. My mind was wandering and when woman circumcision came into the picture it lost me. Terrorism was a stretch and now this? Really? People here in America are involved in this horror? No way and not believable in any way, whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I bumped this. I have to rewatch it. My mind was wandering and when woman circumcision came into the picture it lost me. Terrorism was a stretch and now this? Really? People here in America are involved in this horror? No way and not believable in any way, whatsoever.
    I watched only portions of last night, but I did see them describe the female circumcism. This practice is a tradition in some African countries. It stems from the men believing the females will stay faithful if they do not enjoy sex. It's very barbaric. I have heard in real life of doctors in America being approached and asked to do the circumcism in their medical office for safety reasons. The doctors are torn. If they refuse, they fear the family will do it and possibly kill the girl. I even heard of a doctor who put a minor incision on the girl, and that was it. He told the family, that he performed the procedure, but he didn't. Of course, if they examine the girl closely, they will be able to see he lied.

But besides all that, I lost interest last night. When they were denied the search warrants, despite the phone call, I just gave up. I tuned in for a few minutes and finally saw the end.

There are so many things about it that frustrates me. When Linden and her partner heard the audio tape of Bennet on the phone, why wouldn't they have questioned each other about what Bennet was talking about. Why just say nothing. It's as it neither of them has any curiosity. Why? They are detectives. Then she has the nerve to promise Rosey's mom an arrest before it is done. Why? Who does that kind of thing?

Then you have everybody ignoring the fact that Rosey's parents are likely to kill Bennet, but no one does anything about it. Bennet and the police know, but they still do nothing about it.

I really am done with it. The writing is just lazy, boring and nonsensical, IMO. I think I will lurk around the show and see the ending, but I can[t just watch an entire episode anymore. It insults my intelligence.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-23-2011 at 09:54 AM.

FORT Fogey

Debb, I agree. I am done caring but will check into each episode to see who did it. It must be approaching the end, right? 8 episodes and I assume it is 10 or 12 at the very most.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Debb, I agree. I am done caring but will check into each episode to see who did it. It must be approaching the end, right? 8 episodes and I assume it is 10 or 12 at the very most.
    It's so odd to WANT the season to end because it is so painful. LOL Normally, I'm hanging on each word, and begging for a two hour finale. Not this one. Those writers should get a big spanking.

Oh, someone upthread questioned why Linden often looks into space with an odd look on her face. Now I know. SHe's totally confused and disgusted with the script and is trying to figure a way to escape the embarrassment of appearing in this series. LOL

FORT Fogey

Only 3 more episodes! This is good news to me since I am compelled to see this through. I awoke at 4am and watched the new episode. I was drifting in and out of sleep so I missed a lot. Stan and his wife (I cant even remember her name!) bank accounts being drained is just another detail tossed into an already convulted plot. There is no way to tie in all of the details into the murder and if they can, this show is worse than I thought.

I'm sticking with it too because I want to know how similar/different it is to the original series. There are so many things they luck into (e.g., Adela, the key, etc) that it's just too hard to believe. As well there are so many things happening that it's hard to keep interest in everything.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I'm sticking with it too because I want to know how similar/different it is to the original series. There are so many things they luck into (e.g., Adela, the key, etc) that it's just too hard to believe. As well there are so many things happening that it's hard to keep interest in everything.
    I must have drifted off when Adela and the key came into play.

I will stay with it for the final 3 episodes, for sure. I have managed to stick it out this long; why quit now?

I'm gonna stick it out too...but they have focused so much on Bennet and what was going on around him that the killer has slipped under the radar and I know they are giving us clues but I seem to be missing them..wonder who it will end up being
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I'm gonna stick it out too...but they have focused so much on Bennet and what was going on around him that the killer has slipped under the radar and I know they are giving us clues but I seem to be missing them..wonder who it will end up being
    Right now it looks like the weird man who hangs out at their house plays a part in this and he just entered the scene so impossible to track him. I am sure he didnt do it but was probably there when she was abducted and knows who it is. Is that right? The key and Adele have to be resolved, too.

I said I wasn't watching it except to check in on the killer, but did watch it again Sunday night. It was a little bit better, but still bothered me.

When they were all sad that Bennet had almost been killed and Linden was asking all sad and saying she should never have spoken to Rosey's family, I thought to myself, any nut would have seen that coming way back when, so it would have made sense to tell them, that you were not sure of who the killer was. To allow them to believe it was him, and to inflame the situation, was an open invitation for them to kill him. She acts more like a rookie than anything else.

Her friend finally told her what I had been saying about her kid needing some attention and surpervision, but she responds by getting them a hotel room and still dosen't do anything. Instead of running in the early morning, she needs to get up with her son and take him out to breakfast, talk to him and go visit his school and make sure he's going. I'm now wondering if her son might have killed Rosey, just to get his mom's attention. Could he and his friends been drinking, stole a car, found her, tied her and put her in the trunk and gone joy riding, they accidently run into the lake, and can't get her out of the back. They panic and run? Just a theory.

Well the family friend looks like it is a deadend. If Linden had gotten the phone records from Rosey and the family members and house, they would known about the phone calls made by her right before she vanished. So sad.

Where did the money in the business accounts go? Did Rosey take it before she left? Did she have a gambling addiction and stole the money from her parents to pay it off?

The photo with the candidate for mayor and Rosey raises more questions about her connection with him.

+ Reply to Thread