+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: The Killing (AMC)

Re: The Killing (AMC)

OMG..I forgot it was on tonight because of the survivor finale...if I am still up I will catch the 1 AM re run if not I will watch it tomorrow on the computer..not gonna read any comments from tonight yet..I skipped them cause I dont' want to know what happened...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I almost fell asleep last night. It was slow again. A little movement was made with discovering the photo of an item that belonged to Rosey. I looked several times at it, but couldn't make it out. It looked like a pink blanket with letters written on it. Grand Canyon? Then it sounded like her mom said it was her shirt. What? I'm getting really impatient with this show.

Linden's boss is trying so hard to shut down the investigation, that it is now obvious that he is either getting word from higher up or he is involved somehow. Why don't Linden and her partner consider this. I'm not impressed with their investigation skills at all.

And the photos that Linden allowed her son to have access to? SHame on her. She is looking more and more like a rookie. What is wrong with her? Her son is doing everything he can to get her attention and she just blows him off. What more does he have to do?

At this point, I'm trying to convince myself to see this through. Now they have brought the FBI and terrorists activity in. Still, it's just not flowing IMO. I'm giving it one more week and if there isn't a big change, I think I'm going to walk away. I can check back at the end.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I almost fell asleep last night. It was slow again. A little movement was made with discovering the photo of an item that belonged to Rosey. I looked several times at it, but couldn't make it out. It looked like a pink blanket with letters written on it. Grand Canyon? Then it sounded like her mom said it was her shirt. What? I'm getting really impatient with this show.

Linden's boss is trying so hard to shut down the investigation, that it is now obvious that he is either getting word from higher up or he is involved somehow. Why don't Linden and her partner consider this. I'm not impressed with their investigation skills at all.

And the photos that Linden allowed her son to have access to? SHame on her. She is looking more and more like a rookie. What is wrong with her? Her son is doing everything he can to get her attention and she just blows him off. What more does he have to do?

At this point, I'm trying to convince myself to see this through. Now they have brought the FBI and terrorists activity in. Still, it's just not flowing IMO. I'm giving it one more week and if there isn't a big change, I think I'm going to walk away. I can check back at the end.
    Re the bold, good point. I hadn't thought of that. If that is not the case, his attitude makes no sense. Seems this murder would be a priority. And it may end up making no sense because this is the way things are going!

I am bored with this too. Terrorists? Really? And lets not forget the fathers past ties organized crime. Let's toss in a sexual diviant and a suspicious homeless man, why not?

NJ EJ thanks for that link. I did know that she wore the same sweater everyday in the Danish series. It seems a superfluous detail here that doesn't add anything.

I will probably see this through to the end but I find myself not caring enough to concentrate on the details or even muse about who did it. When this case is solved, will viewers find it satisfying? I cannot see how, at this point.

I agree that I find myself not caring about what happens to any of these people. I could care less who wins the race for mayor. What happens to Linden? Who cares. I do feel for Linden's son. He is at HIGH risk right now for drugs, drinking, gangs, etc. and she just ignores him. He should be held responsible for distributing those photos. Perhaps he should be doing community service, no games, and a sincere letter of apology to the parents. She is doing everything she can to ensure her son becomes a criminal IMO.

FORT Fogey

And why does this man, who we have seen little of, want to marry Linden? Was he swept away with her sense of humor? Or perhaps it is her sunny, loving disposition?

I cannot even muster anything for her son. I felt a 'good for you' by sending those pics out. It was a cry for attention and that is the most any of these characters have emoted.

I have an idea for the show. Let all of the cast take a shower and wash their hair, put on some clean clothes and start the season over. LOL

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have an idea for the show. Let all of the cast take a shower and wash their hair, put on some clean clothes and start the season over. LOL
    It is getting good reviews. The ones I read were written before it aired but I have to believe the critics had seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    It is getting good reviews. The ones I read were written before it aired but I have to believe the critics had seen it.
    I read some comments from Viewers on another board. I can't recall where. It might have been the AMC site, and many of them like the show better than I do. Still I saw quite a few people complaining about the same things some have posted here.

There are some shows that I love and think are great, but they get low ratings and get cancelled, like Damages. Go figure. I never liked Friends, but it was supposedly the best show on tv. Hmmmmm. LOL

Oh, was there a thread here for The Unit? I have recently been watching reruns on that show. I LOVE IT! I've only seen about 5 episodes and I want the box set of all its seasons.

I really want to like this show and I'm sticking with it at least for this season, but for me it has the same problem I found in FlashForward, which I also liked. To be successful, you must have a mix of good story telling and characters the audience either likes, can sympathize with, or loves to hate, and you must have actors who can get that across. If there are no characters to invest in, even a good story loses out.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

OMG, I am in shock! I just googled to find out about the lead actress who plays Linden. I had no idea! She only played a recurring role on one of my all time best tv shows ever, Big Love on HBO. She played the part of twins named Kathy and Jodeen. I think the scenes on that show are so dark that I didn't recognize her. I loved her on Big Love. Also, she is actually a Mormon and attended Brigham Young University.

She won a Tony in 2005 for her role on Broadway in Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf!

I now think it's the writing and direction on this show that are the problems, because this girl is a good actress. This answers a lot of questions in my mind. Here's the link:

Mireille Enos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+ Reply to Thread