+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

Re: Body of Proof

I rewatched the part about the retired cop they interviewed. He was shot and killed by the female police chief. The reason is that she didn't want him talking. Years ago, when the female police chief was a rookie cop, that cop was a family friend. She went to him and told him what she had done by killing that girl. It was his idea to pin her as another victim of that serial killer and he put the stamp in her mouth to make it look like that and wrote it up as another kill of the serial killer. So, he covered up the murder by the lady rookie cop. Maybe he didn't deserve to die, but he should have come clean when questioned. He had to know the police chief was not going to go down for that murder and he knew the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I rewatched the part about the retired cop they interviewed. He was shot and killed by the female police chief. The reason is that she didn't want him talking. Years ago, when the female police chief was a rookie cop, that cop was a family friend. She went to him and told him what she had done by killing that girl. It was his idea to pin her as another victim of that serial killer and he put the stamp in her mouth to make it look like that and wrote it up as another kill of the serial killer. So, he covered up the murder by the lady rookie cop. Maybe he didn't deserve to die, but he should have come clean when questioned. He had to know the police chief was not going to go down for that murder and he knew the truth.
    The faceless body they found at the beginning of the show is the police officer who helped the chief when she was a rookie.

The retired police officer she shot was the partner of the faceless body and knew nothing about what happened but she was afraid he might now start asking questions.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Recent article answers why Body of Proof was cancelled because "we didn't think it had room to grow".

‘Once Upon a Time in Wonderland’ Season 2: Will It Be Cancelled? - TVLine

It's at the bottom of the article.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Recent article answers why Body of Proof was cancelled because "we didn't think it had room to grow".

Thanks for posting this, Bearcata. Pretty generic and lame reason. I really enjoyed Body of Proof and was sorry it got axed.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

They had no faith they could get the ratings up. Well, I could think of some ways. They had a great premise, great lead character, good cast, fair writing. If their creators are that limited, they are in trouble. Maybe they should scout some fan websites and hire some people who are full of ideas. They may be surprised. lol
    mushybrain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

I think what they really meant was that they didn't think the audience had room to grow..........younger.
    That seems to be all that matters any more.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Great point, Miss Scarlet. I rarely believe anything network executives say anyway. They use more spin than politicians.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I think what they really meant was that they didn't think the audience had room to grow..........younger.
    That seems to be all that matters any more.
    Exactly. If the lead character was played by a woman who was 28 instead of 58, they would have kept the show on the air.
    JLuvs, Florimel, MiaT2 and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I loved Body of Proof, but I guess I'm too old for their target demographic.

The crazy thing that I will never understand is when they cancel shows that are doing fairly well and try to replace it with something unproven which, nine times out of ten, will be hideous and flop. The show "Pushing Daisies" back a few years ago is another example of that.
    Florimel and Miss Scarlet like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My daughter (for whatever reason) loves the show BAR RESCUE. I'm watching and episode with her tonight (dvr'd it) titled Taxed Out In Texas. There's a guy on there who's some very well know bartender who's come in (along with John Haffer) to help 'rescue' this failing bar. I'm sitting here thinking WHO DOES THIS GUY REMIND ME OF? Ugh, it's one of those almost but not quite look-alikes that you know you've seen somewhere . . . then it hits me.

Nic Bishop (aka Peter Dunlop) on the left and Russell Davis (aka the bartender) on the right

Body of Proof Peter.jpgBar Rescue Russell Davis.jpg
    Punkin likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread