+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

Re: Body of Proof

Good points Little Sew&Sew, except that even Type I diabetics get ice cream sometimes. lol

I thought the show was a mess too. I'm not sure what it was, but it just seemed off. I missed bits and pieces of it, but from what I did see, found it quite off. After you almost hit a large thing in the road, why not stop and put up a flare or something. Others who follow may get killed if they hit it. But, no, he keeps driving.

It looks like they are just toying with the audience with the cat and mouse game with Megan and Tommy. Other shows have made it a part of the show.(Moonlighing) I guess that's just how it's going to be.

I am on board with Megan and her daughter though. Why is it such a big deal to investigate the man's death? Why does everybody else say move on? IF the man was murdered, then it needs to be discovered and the killer brought to justice. What's so crazy about that? Megan's mom is a nut, IMO. I hope she's a harmless nut. Why is she so opposed to finding the truth? It doesn't make sense. I would think she's hiding something too.

That lady officer who is after Tommy is really obnoxious. How can he stand someone coming on so strong? Turn off, IMO.
    march likes this.

I liked the mystery/plot of the episode but hated some of the character details. Like the rest of you, Tommy speeding along the wreckage-strewn road and careening off because he barely missed the stewardess was annoying and dumb. Slow down and get off the phone!!! Also strongly disliked the flip-flop of Megan's attitude toward Tommy. The scene when she "lost it" after receiving the message from him was so out of character it was practically uncomfortable to watch. Another gripe - either to the show or to today's cultural attitude towards cell phones in general - so, there is a city-wide blackout, communications are spotty and Tommy goes off in a police vehicle that does not have a CB radio. WTH?

My favorite scene was the one with Kate and Tommy's partner in the elevator.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Tommy's partner seemed to be in rush to run and find him, but seconds later, he's cool as a cumcumber. The urgency just disappeared. Too many screw ups for one show. Maybe they had let the full writing staff go and were just winging it with the cleanup crew. lol

I love Dana Delaney, but I do not like this character. She plays it well as she does with everything, but I can't maintain interest in a character I don't like. There isn't an actor on my "great" list who hasn't done at least one thing I haven't enjoyed. No one hits a home run every time. When it's the lead character, I just lose interest.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That lady officer who is after Tommy is really obnoxious. How can he stand someone coming on so strong? Turn off, IMO.
    I'm glad someone thought so. I have no problem with Tommy finding a new interest, but pushy overagressive chaser women bug me to no end. That's how I saw her.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Was the episode choppy because I read the comments here first or was it simply a badly written episode. I find it incredible how Megan just pulls theories out of her anal channel without any evidence and then finds evidence to support her theory. I think the best part of the shop were the references to "Doomsday Preppers". I also agree with above posts about Megan's flip flopping over how she feels about Tommy or what she is going to do about it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't know about flip flopping. I know I've been conflicted in how I feel about someone. Thinking that person could be dead would certainly affect my feelings.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Tommy's partner seemed to be in rush to run and find him, but seconds later, he's cool as a cumcumber. The urgency just disappeared. Too many screw ups for one show. Maybe they had let the full writing staff go and were just winging it with the cleanup crew. lol
    Debb I think what happened was by the time he and Kate got unstuck from the elevator (and remember, they had to return the missing body back upstairs ), Megan had received the call from Tommy and knew he was alright. That's why the urgency to find him decreased - because they knew he wasn't in immediate danger, etc.

I like the Megan character because she is a smart, strong, successful woman. As an "a type" myself, too often in my professional field have I been hampered by the perception that I was too forward, too agressive, etc. So I like to see a similar female character portrayed well on the screen. What I don't like, is the writers' attempt to "force" the romance. It's much more interesting to have them flirting here and there and occasional references to their past. I do NOT want them to get together a la Booth & Bones on Bones. While I do get that a person can have a resurgence of long-buried feelings especially in times of emotional distress, I don't feel that that did justice to the character of Megan as we've come to know her. Dana D, of course, is flawless and doing the best with what she's given. She can't help that the writers are making her character be this way.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

They'd better give us a nice wrap up with the season finale
    ABC Cancels 'Happy Endings,' 'Body of Proof,' 'Malibu Country'
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I know, right? Would have for Season 3 to end like Season 2 did.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread