+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

Re: Body of Proof

Finished watching the latest BOP with the girl in the mental institute. Megan makes me so mad that she is so abrasive and thinks she is so right all the time that I just want to smack her. I can't believe she never apologized to the mother for all the nasty, nasty, accusations she made to her about her two daughters and yet Megan only apologizes to the Doctor. At times like this you really hate the Megan character.

Comments about Tommy and Megan. Really, he goes out to a hockey game with another woman and you use it as a reason/excuse not to have anything to do with him. What a crock. Megan needs therapy and lots of it.
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Sorry, I never hate Megan and really, she's pretty much always right. I worship in Dana Delaney's general direction, so she can do no wrong in my eyes, nor can any character she plays.

If a guy cheated on me - no matter how long ago - I wouldn't be likely to forgive him either, regardless of how long ago it happened. Or, maybe I'd forgive, but I don't think I would ever forget. It sounds like Tommy and Megan were pretty serious when it happened, so it doesn't matter how cute and charming he is NOW. I think she's done pretty well to work with him and not ignore him or get him transferred, which is what I would probably do. I can't blame her for not being eager to jump into a relationship with him again.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Finished watching the latest BOP with the girl in the mental institute. Megan makes me so mad that she is so abrasive and thinks she is so right all the time that I just want to smack her. I can't believe she never apologized to the mother for all the nasty, nasty, accusations she made to her about her two daughters and yet Megan only apologizes to the Doctor. At times like this you really hate the Megan character.

Comments about Tommy and Megan. Really, he goes out to a hockey game with another woman and you use it as a reason/excuse not to have anything to do with him. What a crock. Megan needs therapy and lots of it.
    Makes sense to me--the problem in their past relationship was HE CHEATED. Here's he's trying to show her he's changed and he goes to a hockey game with a woman who clearly has a major and obvious crush on him (sorry, but hockey games can be dates) and lies....and he KNOWS she's having trouble trusting him, he gives her more reason not to. Megan may need therapy, but here she's just being pretty reasonably self protective. In MHO of course!
    prhoshay and Critical like this.

Did I miss something, which episode was it revealed that the reason they broke up what that he cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Sorry, I never hate Megan and really, she's pretty much always right. I worship in Dana Delaney's general direction, so she can do no wrong in my eyes, nor can any character she plays.

If a guy cheated on me - no matter how long ago - I wouldn't be likely to forgive him either, regardless of how long ago it happened. Or, maybe I'd forgive, but I don't think I would ever forget. It sounds like Tommy and Megan were pretty serious when it happened, so it doesn't matter how cute and charming he is NOW. I think she's done pretty well to work with him and not ignore him or get him transferred, which is what I would probably do. I can't blame her for not being eager to jump into a relationship with him again.
    Megan obviously has issues that she would transfer a person she had an affair with over 20 yrs ago. Hold a grudge long?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Makes sense to me--the problem in their past relationship was HE CHEATED. Here's he's trying to show her he's changed and he goes to a hockey game with a woman who clearly has a major and obvious crush on him (sorry, but hockey games can be dates) and lies....and he KNOWS she's having trouble trusting him, he gives her more reason not to. Megan may need therapy, but here she's just being pretty reasonably self protective. In MHO of course!
    Megan and Tommy have a working relationship at this point and they have some old baggage. That being said he doesn't owe her anything as far as telling her or not telling her what he does on his own time. That being said, if he does want a relationship with Megan going out with another co-worker was not the smartest thing to do but neither did Tommy actually say he was in town to start over with Megan. He did leave New York because he had too.

They discussed his cheating fairly early on in the season. It sounded like they were pretty serious when it happened. If I was in love and he cheated like that, I'd be done. Doesn't matter how long ago it was. A betrayal like that never fades. I'd forgive for myself, but I'd never forget and probably never trust him again.

I didn't say she DID have him transferred. I said she didn't, which means she's a professional and is trying to not let her personal feelings affect her work. That she's not ready to let him in personally, is another story.

I agree with PWS - he was trying to get back together with Megan. He's been making the hard sell for a while, so to go out on a date with another woman - one who Megan knows is interested in him - confirmed her wariness about him. I like Tommy, but if he was truly serious about pursuing Megan again - and knew she was already finding it hard to trust him - he would have stayed away from other women.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think he would have been better off if he just told Megan that he went to the game with her instead of acting all cagey. I thought that Megan had a right to be mistrustful after he told her to her face there wasn't anything going on and then have the other cop confront her in the bathroom. It's not that the lady cop was malicious in any way but definitely took Megan aback to find out that something had gone on. When Tommy first asked the lady cop to the game I thought he was doing it to try to move on but he came back around to Megan and like Critical said, made "the hard sell".
    prhoshay likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good for Megan! Not just any woman is willing to tolerate any old thing from a man just to be able to say that they have a man in their life.....especially if he's left a bad taste in her mouth from a previous encounter. "Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!". Gomer got it right!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Didn't care much for last night's episode. First, we see Grandma giving the diabetic a big bowl of ice cream just cuz the power has gone out. If she had kept the freezer door closed, the perishable would have kept for at least 4 hours before they even started to defrost.

Then we see Tommy driving down a REMOTE road (his word) which is strewn with FLAMING DEBRIS. Does he slow down? No, he speeds up and goes careening into the bushes with his partner, who had already admitted her cellphone was dead. Hmmmm . . . . .

The whole thing was a mess and that doesn't even include the cheesy "special effects" from the plane crash in the city.
    Debb70 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread