+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

Re: Body of Proof

Oh man - I thought this weekend ep was going to be a repeat of the pilot. Was anything major revealed that will confuse me on Tues?

does her daughter seemed to be heavily programmed by dad
    That wouldn't surprise me given the way he spoke to her on the phone in the first ep. I mean, you'd have to be a pretty big a-hole to not allow your daughter's mother to come to the birthday party.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Oh man - I thought this weekend ep was going to be a repeat of the pilot. Was anything major revealed that will confuse me on Tues? That wouldn't surprise me given the way he spoke to her on the phone in the first ep. I mean, you'd have to be a pretty big a-hole to not allow your daughter's mother to come to the birthday party.
    I missed the earlier episodes so don't know if it was new, but it was made clear that the daughter blames mom for the divorce entirely, and feels mom smothers her (daughter agreed to meet her for lunch and then mom ruined it by kind of stalking her at her riding lesson and messing up a flirtation she was having with some boy there). They kind of made up a bit by the end.
    Also DD's tremor seems worse when she is stressed...she doesn't want to admit that as then it feels as if it is psychosomatic in origin.
    She definitely didn't seem House like in personality in this episode---the daughter ran all over her.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I missed the earlier episodes so don't know if it was new, but it was made clear that the daughter blames mom for the divorce entirely, and feels mom smothers her (daughter agreed to meet her for lunch and then mom ruined it by kind of stalking her at her riding lesson and messing up a flirtation she was having with some boy there). They kind of made up a bit by the end.
    Also DD's tremor seems worse when she is stressed...she doesn't want to admit that as then it feels as if it is psychosomatic in origin.
    She definitely didn't seem House like in personality in this episode---the daughter ran all over her.
    You only missed one episode. The impression I got was that dad got full custody after the divorce because mom was working so much, and that mom spent no time with the daughter because dad didn't allow it.

But mom was definitely going too fast when trying to build a relationship with a daughter she's hardly seen for 7 years. OTOH, I'd say that there are definitely other issues that we haven't been informed of yet...we've only seen little glimpses into who these characters are.

She lost custody rights because she didn't show up for the court appearances because she was working. The daughter feels she chose her career over her family and doesn't trust her. I'll give this show a try as long as it ends up on demand because there are other shows I like in the same time frame as well.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm sure she was working a lot when the daughter was little, too. It almost seems as if they don't really know each other. And now that mom has the time to spend with her, she's hitting the teenage years, which is when kids don't want to spend so much time with their 'rents. LOL
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

There was a hint of something else going on when Dr Hunt showed up at the birthday party unannounced. Daughter looked at Dad and said "you told me she couldn't make it". There was a moment between Mom and Daughter and Daughter indicated she knew Dad had lied.

Yes, Mom was working while Daughter was growing, but she stood up for herself saying she was a neurosurgeon and she was saving lives. It's not like she was a stripper or a CPA at tax time so maybe Daughter will eventually cut her a little slack. She did seem to be interested in the message left on the machine at the end of the episode.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That is the trouble with doctors (especially surgeons) as parents or partners...no one can compete with "saving lives"...yes, they are, but that does not make them a good parent or partner.

There was a hint of something else going on when Dr Hunt showed up at the birthday party unannounced. Daughter looked at Dad and said "you told me she couldn't make it". There was a moment between Mom and Daughter and Daughter indicated she knew Dad had lied.
    That jumped out at me too. Especially taken with the words used by Dad in their phone conversation.
    I'm sure she was working a lot when the daughter was little, too.
    But like she said, if the mom works a lot, then she's considered unfit. But if the Dad works a lot, then he's a "good provider". It is a double standard that I do feel is true in today's society.
    That is the trouble with doctors (especially surgeons) as parents or partners...no one can compete with "saving lives"...yes, they are, but that does not make them a good parent or partner.
    And cops too IMO.

I liked this week's show. Heavy on the "case" and light on the personal drama. I did like how the big guy "got her" by telling her fake stuff about Ethan (?) And Jeri Ryan - dang she is smokin' hot. She looked phenomenal in that coral dress she had on. Jealous here alot!!!

Yes, I also think Episode 3 was very good with more of the focus on the case and just a little personal drama. It was a good balance.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I, too, found episode 3 to be a much stronger episode in terms of finding a good balance between personal and professional.

+ Reply to Thread