+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

Re: Body of Proof

Okay, I did turn on the closed captioning and it definitely was "father's killer."
    Debb70 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was wondering when somebody was going to think about doing that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

For some strange reason the CC on my TV remote doesn't work anymore, or believe me, I would have done that. In fact I was cussing on my third rewind because I couldn't read the sentence.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It doesn't work on my tv remote either, Ariel. But I can turn it on from some choices on my cable remote. I think it's a conflict between the cable box and the tv box because it affects both of my tv sets that have cable boxes. Maybe that'll work for you, too.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CC is a reliable go-to for me with these shows if I need to make sure I don't miss anything important. I really need it with by British shows when their accents just seem to "defy ear gravity".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    It doesn't work on my tv remote either, Ariel. But I can turn it on from some choices on my cable remote. I think it's a conflict between the cable box and the tv box because it affects both of my tv sets that have cable boxes. Maybe that'll work for you, too.
    I'll have to see if I can do that... especially since we got this new "box" the CC on certain channels is really bad. Better than nothing, but nothing like it when it's good. When it's good I get a kick out of seeing how they changed what the actors said at the last minute from the script they gave the CC people to type from. That's assuming I can hear the words of course--some shows are much worse than others.
    If you are "of a certain age" try it---you may discover you are missing all kinds of things...like the creaking door that the actor is responding to while you are wondering how they knew the burglar was in the house!

My CC kicks in when I mute the sound; no special tricks required. Is it DISH or is it just the way my television works?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

You can also have CC with the sound on; very helpful as each supplements the other when watching scripted shows. On GH they don't have captioning for the previews and I often have to replay them several times to get all the little clips.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    My CC kicks in when I mute the sound; no special tricks required. Is it DISH or is it just the way my television works?
    It's your tv.

We have Dish as well. Funny thing is, it doesn't work on our NEW tv, but it did work that way on the OLD tv that died after about a dozen years of uninterrupted service.

Dish (at least with my programming options) has a bunch of different settings/combinations - font styles, font colors, font sizes, all upper case, all lower case, traditional mixture of both, black background, white background, no background, etc.... Took me about 15 tries before I found one that was comfortable on the eyes.

The thing that makes me laugh is when the CC is ahead of what's happening on the screen, especially when watching award shows or mysteries.

And the winner is . . . . (actor pauses for affect) . . . . and my cc has already spilled the beans!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Wasn't all that thrilled with last nights episode, although the girl who was institutionalized was quite the poker-faced liar!

I'm still waiting for Henry Ian Cusick to come back . . . would have sworn the info I read before the season started said his appearance would be for more than one episode.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread