+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Body of Proof

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I wouldn't say "witch" but I think she's taking it a little too far. She seemed to delight in rubbing his nose in it (whatever "it" is). She had more of a Spoiled Brat meets Big Sister attitude, excluding him from any activity/opportunity that came up.

Had to laugh at the very first scene though. Blonde-ish girl, walking alone, down a dimly lit hallway, arms occupied with a grocery bag, hears a noise and calls out to ask if anyone is there. SERIOUSLY? Has she NEVER seen a horror movie. Always the first to die!
    I know... is a bad guy going to say, Yup, I'm here, planning to rob/rape/murder you gruesomely!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I know... is a bad guy going to say, Yup, I'm here, planning to rob/rape/murder you gruesomely!
    EXACTLY! I would find delight when the idiot who goes into their home, hears a noise, and then calls out, "Who's there?" Really? No one is supposed to be home, but you call out to the intruder. And when there is no response, they continue to creep throughout the house calling out to see who's there. Of course then they get attacked by the intruder who was hiding behind the door. They deserved it, IMO. lol

You know - I thought of those "typical horror movie situations" last night. I had finished putting my kids to bed and needed to get something from my bedroom. I walked down the hall, into my room, and into the master bathroom all without turning on a light. And all I could think was - gee, when I watch this in a movie, I yell at the character to "TURN ON THE LIGHT" and here I am, not doing it either. Good think no one was lying in wait for me! LOL

I actually think they've turned down the gore on this show. I mean, it is a show about a person who examines dead bodies to solve crimes. We used to see a lot more autopsy room scenes I think.

Although I will say the part about the "harvesting" and the PVC pipe replacement was a bit stomach churning.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I had learned about the PVC pipe from some of my friends who'd had mortician training. Some of the things that they learn during that training would really blow your mind. You should hear what they do if the body is decapitated!

I freaked out when, after seeing Psycho (the original), I heard a creepy noise when I was coming down the stairs, but I was only about 7 years old, too! I couldn't decided whether to laugh or cry.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    You know - I thought of those "typical horror movie situations" last night. I had finished putting my kids to bed and needed to get something from my bedroom. I walked down the hall, into my room, and into the master bathroom all without turning on a light. And all I could think was - gee, when I watch this in a movie, I yell at the character to "TURN ON THE LIGHT" and here I am, not doing it either. Good think no one was lying in wait for me! LOL

I actually think they've turned down the gore on this show. I mean, it is a show about a person who examines dead bodies to solve crimes. We used to see a lot more autopsy room scenes I think.

Although I will say the part about the "harvesting" and the PVC pipe replacement was a bit stomach churning.
    hahahaha I get the same way when it's late and quiet in my house!!

the pipe replacement got me. It was too gruesome and it made me start to think....who in the world would want to perform autopsies? Yikes.

Megan is bitchy, but that's part of her charm. She's hardened and it shows. But I like that about her.

Tommy is falling for her hard. I hope he doesn't get hurt. I'll make him feel better

I'm not really bothered by most gore scenes. My criminal justice background exposed me to many actual crime scene photos. I guess I got used to it. I wouldn't want to witness an autopsy, because there you have the actual smell. That's a whole different situation. THAT would push me over the edge.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My daughter and I always get a laugh out of the "is anyone there" question.

Yeah, like the robber is gonna yell back "It's just me. I'm in the kitchen making a sammich. You want one?"
    Debb70 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Exactly! We DON'T know what he did to her, so we don't know if she's being a witch or not. Her snubbing of him could be completely justified. I don't care. I love Megan and I love Dana Delaney. She can do no wrong in my eyes.

Wow, Luke Perry is NOT aging well. He looks so much older now. I mean, he is pushing 50, but still. Dana Delaney's like 9 years older than LP and she looks SO much better. I'm glad he's working, but he looks a lot older than his former co-stars now.
    I love to see a woman aging better than a man. It is so frequently the opposite in the eyes of the beholders. You know, the woman looks "old" and the man looks distinguished thing. Maybe it's nature's way of balancing things between men and women?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I had learned about the PVC pipe from some of my friends who'd had mortician training. Some of the things that they learn during that training would really blow your mind. You should hear what they do if the body is decapitated!

I freaked out when, after seeing Psycho (the original), I heard a creepy noise when I was coming down the stairs, but I was only about 7 years old, too! I couldn't decided whether to laugh or cry.
    Janet Leigh often said that after making Psycho, she never took a shower again, but stuck completely to tub baths. I don't know if its true, but I heard her say it often. Then her daughter went and made all those Halloween movies.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Even today, if I'm alone in the house and want to take a shower I HAVE to be sure the door is locked.

I missed this episode--what do you do with PVC pipe in an autopsy? Inquiring minds want to know!

+ Reply to Thread