+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

Re: Body of Proof

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I'm glad this show is back on. I really like Dana Delaney and the rest of the cast, as well. (Sad they killed off the co-worker that saved her, though.) But I don't like the excessive gore. It turns me off, and I don't think it's necessary for the show.
    Yeah, the thing with her cutting open the wounds in thsi episode. was too much for me. I get a "crawly" feeling in my legs when I see stuff like that - maybe it's adrenaline . For some reason, violence like on Game of Thrones does get me, but surgical stuff does it every time.

I really hope the ratings turn around. I adore Dana Delaney and I think this show deserves to stick around. I just do not understand the viewing public.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've seen enough autopsies, in my time, to be able to appreciate the how realistic these scenes are. They are very, very well done, considering. I do understand that seeing this kind of thing is not for everybody. Just be glad that they don't have smell-a-vision.
    sunnydayz likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The ratings for this week's episode were not good. I don't think it had as much to do with the show as it does with the screwy scheduling the networks think is strategic. They don't air a show for MONTHS and then wonder why the ratings are bad when they finally air new episodes again. The viewers have moved on!
    That is a huge problem and I don't understand why the networks haven't figured out why all these shows that start strong are later failing. Uhm, hello?? This show, Heroes, Jericho, etc....all good shows with decent followings that went on a long hiatus and lost viewers upon their return, tanking the shows. We forget how it left off or they air another program that catches our attention or we find another show in that time slot and end up sticking with that instead of returning to our earlier preference. It's ridiculous. If lil ol' me has figured out the problem, why can't the guys who make the big bucks? I'm praying that doesn't happen with Revolution (is that the name?) because I love that show. Then again, because I love it means it will probably tank when it comes back.
    MiaT2 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I was really upset with Lacey being a dumb kid and not running like her mother told her too. Crappy writing and just plain stupid.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I was really upset with Lacey being a dumb kid and not running like her mother told her too. Crappy writing and just plain stupid.
    She was hyperglycemic and far too weak to run.
    Critical and TripleGemini like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fan

Yeah, I thought she was physically unable to run...but it was a little difficult to tell because they kept showing Lacey looking at her mom, as though she didn't want to leave her.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Thanks Critical.
    It's nice that fellow FORT'ers know of sites like that to share with the rest of us.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I just googled for that site. I'd never been there before
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    She was hyperglycemic and far too weak to run.
    The timelines just didn't make that much sense that Lacey would get that bad that quickly. I don't think her mother would have taken that big a risk if she didn't think her child could actually run.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hypoglycemia can come on quickly; hyperglycemia effects are a more gradual onset, but it could also depend on how long it had been building up. Stress tends to kick those sugar levels up.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread