+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Body of Proof

Oh, I think MV's Fringe appearance counts.... in that in his KoD record, Fringe survived BECAUSE they killed him off in the first two episodes! Seriously, they seem to bring him in to poke up shows that have been on a while and are sagging, and then the show's fate is sealed.

Oh, I hate they cancelled Lie To Me, too. It started out strong and then took a wrong turn though. Great premise.

I'm on board with this new cast.

I'm glad they put in some discussion of Lacey's diabetic pump. Often a show will add the storyline of a character being diabetic, then never mention it again. I'm a Type I diabetic, like the character of Lacey. It's a constant thing. You get more familiar with the routine, blood sugar checks through out the day, etc., but it's a big deal.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, loved Lie to Me also.... So I've got this new episode of BoP on tape, got to go watch it so I can contribute.

I watched this show for the first time and enjoyed it. Questions... Was Dana Delaney's character in love with the man who died trying to save her life at the end of the last episode? Any other character die during the episode? Has the viewer ever seen her husband? Was she divorced or did he die? Thanks.

Oh... I also loved Lie to Me until they got the new writers. It went downhill BIG TIME after the first two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I watched this show for the first time and enjoyed it. Questions... Was Dana Delaney's character in love with the man who died trying to save her life at the end of the last episode? Any other character die during the episode? Has the viewer ever seen her husband? Was she divorced or did he die? Thanks.
    Let's see if I remember all of this.....
    • No, Megan and Peter were not in love. They just had a very good working relationship and were close friends.
    • As far as I know, no other "good guys" died. I don't remember if anyone else died in the episode.
    • Megan and her ex are divorced. He was in seasons 1 and 2. He had custody of Lacey and Megan's relationship with her was very strained. Eventually (because there were too many characters on the show), he left town and Megan got custody of Lacey....although not before he dated Kate for a while and Megan had to deal with her ex dating her boss.
    Wikipedia has some good info about the show, including episode breakdowns and Netflix has the series if you want to catch up
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The Kathy Bates legal show was called, "Harry's Law," another good show until TPTB messed with it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Right, thanks! And another one where MV, much as I like him in some ways, seemed to mess up the dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Oh, I think MV's Fringe appearance counts.... in that in his KoD record, Fringe survived BECAUSE they killed him off in the first two episodes! Seriously, they seem to bring him in to poke up shows that have been on a while and are sagging, and then the show's fate is sealed.
    I'm glad someone else brought this up. I have no problem with the guy, but he does seem to be the kiss of death. I think the attitude is that since he is very good looking & can act, he will reinvigorate a show. It's gotten to the point where I can only roll my eyes & wait for the cancellation notices.
    About a generation ago there was another good looking actor that seemed to have the same fate. He was tall & very good looking & seemed to be brought in to save show after shows by being the new eye candy, but invariably did the opposite. I had the same feeling seeing Mark Valley as that guy. One of the many shows was Happy Days in it's last season. Anyone else remember the guy?

Also, was this Somebody Stole My Daughter week?
    I just watched my tapes of Castle & Body of Proof back to back & felt like the writers have fallen into the same cliche writing. Both even had 2 parters with cliffhangers. A bit irritating.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I'm glad someone else brought this up. I have no problem with the guy, but he does seem to be the kiss of death. I think the attitude is that since he is very good looking & can act, he will reinvigorate a show. It's gotten to the point where I can only roll my eyes & wait for the cancellation notices.
    About a generation ago there was another good looking actor that seemed to have the same fate. He was tall & very good looking & seemed to be brought in to save show after shows by being the new eye candy, but invariably did the opposite. I had the same feeling seeing Mark Valley as that guy. One of the many shows was Happy Days in it's last season. Anyone else remember the guy?

Also, was this Somebody Stole My Daughter week?
    I just watched my tapes of Castle & Body of Proof back to back & felt like the writers have fallen into the same cliche writing. Both even had 2 parters with cliffhangers. A bit irritating.
    Ted McKinley. My h.s. advisor's daughter dated him in h.s. Yep, he was the kiss of death for many shows. Poor guy.

Based on what little we saw in the one episode, I think Dana Delaney and Mark Valley had good enough chemistry. Unfortunately, I don't think the quality of the show is the issue. It's just whether or not the network cares enough to promote is AND give it a good time slot.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ted McKinley. My h.s. advisor's daughter dated him in h.s. Yep, he was the kiss of death for many shows. Poor guy.

Based on what little we saw in the one episode, I think Dana Delaney and Mark Valley had good enough chemistry. Unfortunately, I don't think the quality of the show is the issue. It's just whether or not the network cares enough to promote is AND give it a good time slot.
    Thanks. It was driving me buggy trying to remember his name. He always seemed so likeable, but - Kiss of Death.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread