+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

Re: Body of Proof

LOVED the first episode. LOVE the new guy.

A couple of places really made me stretch my imagination, like when that guy that was walking back from the food stand just disappeared into the truck. Did the truck even slow down? That's pretty amazing. lol

I know the guy who was killed off last season has fans here. I think they handled his loss very well.

The one thing that keeps bothering me though is that when Megan tries to make a point, voice an opinion, etc. she is met with such doubt by her boss and this new police detective. WHY doesn't she have the numbers on her solved murder cases and spout them in their face. When someone is as good at their job as she is, you don't keep putting them down like they are an amature.

I was really happy with the first episode, and I thought they did a really good job of handling how the others left. And I really like the new cops (of course, I love Mark Valley period).

And I think that Megan was met with doubts because she was still shaky from the previous MI's death and had been gone for 3 months, plus she had a history with new guy (sorry...I'm really fuzzy on names), who isn't aware of how much she knows and what she can do. (I mean, she was a resident the last time he saw her, although we don't know how long they were together so she could have been a surgeon by then. But most surgeons aren't MIs.)

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the others who left. Wasn't it that older police detective? Who else?

Debb - Both detectives left - the older man and his younger, AA partner.

Speaking of them - I missed the entire conversation between Megan and Kate when Kate was talking to her about seeing the grief counselor (my DH was yakking away) . I thought I heard Megan state what happened to the cops - like they went and saw the grief counselor and because of that Bud moved to Florida and I totally missed the part about the partner I think. Can anyone help fill in this gap?

It was tough to relive that moment with Megan when she stepped in to her office for the first time and remembered what happened. I mean, for her, it's not just that her friend and coworker got killed. It's that he got killed saving her. If it weren't for him, she would have been dead for sure. So I think there's more than just regular grief there.

Seriously - the biggest weak point on this show for me is Lacey. When she got kidnapped, I was more annoyed than anything. But, the arc with the bomb in the body looks good. And Marc Valley is always fun - he knows how to crinkle his eyes in the most charmingly boyish way.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Speaking of them - I missed the entire conversation between Megan and Kate when Kate was talking to her about seeing the grief counselor (my DH was yakking away) . I thought I heard Megan state what happened to the cops - like they went and saw the grief counselor and because of that Bud moved to Florida and I totally missed the part about the partner I think. Can anyone help fill in this gap?
    After seeing the grief counselor, Bud decided to retire (and raise his new baby?) and his partner moved to Virginia.

No news on where Valley's partner came in...I don't think we'd even seen him before.

Sam - the female detective, joined the FBI

I looooooooove Mark Valley. Every show I've seen him in. *drool*
    inthegarden likes this.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Sadly when he gets featured in an ongoing show either the show dies soon, or he does. I've now seen him in what, Boston Legal, then the law show with Kathy Bates (it was set in a shoe store, forget the name), and even, briefly, Fringe.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Sadly when he gets featured in an ongoing show either the show dies soon, or he does. I've now seen him in what, Boston Legal, then the law show with Kathy Bates (it was set in a shoe store, forget the name), and even, briefly, Fringe.
    And in between Boston Legal and the show with Kathy Bates, he was in Human Target. (Which also got canceled, but I think it lasted two seasons.)

Thanks for the updates on the detectives.

Yeah - I'm trying to figure out who is the bigger kiss-of-death for a show - Mark Valley or Christian Slater. LOL Both have had horrible track records. However, I don't really think MV's appearance on Fringe really counts since his character was killed off in the first 2 episodes of the series.

Don't even get me started on Human Target. That was a good show with an interesting premise and talented cast until TPTB decided to "retool" it into something that sucked and then was subsequently cancelled. Actually Fox really irritated me that year because they cancelled both HT AND Lie to Me which were two of my favorite shows. And then they massacred Breaking In.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Thanks for the updates on the detectives.

Yeah - I'm trying to figure out who is the bigger kiss-of-death for a show - Mark Valley or Christian Slater. LOL Both have had horrible track records. However, I don't really think MV's appearance on Fringe really counts since his character was killed off in the first 2 episodes of the series.

Don't even get me started on Human Target. That was a good show with an interesting premise and talented cast until TPTB decided to "retool" it into something that sucked and then was subsequently cancelled. Actually Fox really irritated me that year because they cancelled both HT AND Lie to Me which were two of my favorite shows. And then they massacred Breaking In.
    I was going to post the same thing! I like Mark Valley a lot, but he does seem to be bad luck for the shows he's cast on.

The ratings for this week's episode were not good. I don't think it had as much to do with the show as it does with the screwy scheduling the networks think is strategic. They don't air a show for MONTHS and then wonder why the ratings are bad when they finally air new episodes again. The viewers have moved on!

I LOVE Dana Delaney, so I hope they at least let the show air for the entire season. As much as I like Mark Valley, I do still miss Peter. Surprisingly, I don't miss Bud and Sam even though I liked those characters. As long as the medical team is still in place at the lab, the show still works for me.

Lacey doesn't bug me....at least not any more than a teenage girl is supposed to annoy me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread