+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

Re: Body of Proof

Mark Valley plays the new detective and old flame of the main character's.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Keck's Exclusives First Look: Mark Valley Joins Body of Proof - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

He's played hotshot lawyers (Boston Legal, Harry's Law) and action heroes (Fringe, Human Target). Now Mark Valley has found a comfy home somewhere in between as Dana Delany's crime-fighting foil on Body of Proof. When ABC's retooled procedural returns in early 2013, Valley will be front and center as a man from medical examiner Megan Hunt's past.

"My character is a detective named Tommy Sullivan," says Valley, who underwent police and firearms training. "He and Megan were together, like, 20 years earlier." Adds Delany, "He knows a side of her that no one else knows. The side that got her heart broken."

Tommy is reassigned from New York to Megan's beat in Philly. "He always wondered what could have happened if they'd stayed together, so he accepts this reassignment to surprise her," says Valley. "He wants to start things over again." Unfortunately, Megan isn't so easily swayed. "She's still wounded and mad at him for screwing around with somebody else," says Delany. "She's not going to let him in until she trusts him again."

In other words, expect the show to adapt the popular "Will they or won't they?" dynamic that's worked so well on Castle and Bones. But the series won't turn all mushy, assures Valley. "We have an episode coming up where I get to break a guy's arm. I'm excited because I haven't done that in a while. I thought I could put my kneepads away, but now I get to dust them off!"
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Sigh.... Jack Devereaux... one of my first TV crushes....... I can't tell you how many times I've caught myself thinking - Man, I wish Human Target was still on. Glad to see MV back on TV although hopefully (he won't be the kiss of death for this show). According to IMDB, he was already on an episode of BoP in 2011? I don't remember seeing him on there before. Hmmm.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

According to the Facebook page set up for TV GUIDE MAGAZINE, Body of Proof will return Tuesday, February 5th at 10pm!
    march, MiaT2 and Katydyd like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Sigh.... Jack Devereaux... one of my first TV crushes....... I can't tell you how many times I've caught myself thinking - Man, I wish Human Target was still on. Glad to see MV back on TV although hopefully (he won't be the kiss of death for this show). According to IMDB, he was already on an episode of BoP in 2011? I don't remember seeing him on there before. Hmmm.
    I couldn't agree more. He does seem to be cast in doomed shows...Harry's Law. I'm hoping this is a good pick for Mark Valley and Body of Proof.

Fort Member

As much as I like Mark Valley, I miss Human Target and Harry's Law a lot,
    his appearance on Body of Proof means the end of Nicholas Bishop who I really like to look at as well
    'sigh'
    march, Critical and TripleGemini like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    As much as I like Mark Valley, I miss Human Target and Harry's Law a lot,
    his appearance on Body of Proof means the end of Nicholas Bishop who I really like to look at as well
    'sigh'
    Me too. I liked him a lot. I like Mark Valley too, but I wish it didn't have to be one or the other. I'm really looking forward to this show coming back. I hope the changes they've made are for the good, although I'm already anticipating that I'll really miss the cast members who've been let go.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yay! I can't wait for this show to come back! I think that it has received despicable treatment from its network despite bringing in solid numbers. In fact, I kind of like seeing the other new shows fail just to stick it to them. Looking forward to seeing Dana Delaney back on my TV. I think she's spunky.

I will really miss the two cops a lot. I liked the balance they brought to the medical aspect of the show as well as seeing their partnership together and the humor. I thought the whole cast worked well as an ensemble and didn't see the need to "rework" anything.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I'm afraid I was not a fan of Nicholas Bishop. I always found him distracting and never thought he was properly casted. So glad he's out of there.

I don't know much about the new guy. Looks interesting though.

Body of Proof Season 3 Scoop: Mark Valley as Blast from Megan's Past? - TV Fanatic

I hope there is a mention in the storyline as to where they went, instead of just replacing all those people and then carrying on as if we the public are too stupid and will never notice those that left are no longer there.

+ Reply to Thread