+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

Re: Body of Proof

I thought it was ok and will keep watching, for now.

My main problem was how at the end she figured everything out, but how did she know the information to figure it out. Like how would she know the son also had strep and was prescribed amoxicillin? (there was something else like this that stuck out last night but I can't remember anymore) I like shows where there are clues throughout the show so the audience can try to figure it out. This was just like at the end we were given a bunch of new info to explain what happened.

I agree, grapenuts, the writing seems a little thin!
    IDK, it needs to improve before it becomes a hit...DD was good in most of it. I wasn't overly impressed with any of it.

Let's hope it has a chance to improve before they cancel it!

I don't invest in too many hour long dramas but thought I'd give it a try. I really liked it! True, she did seem to figure things out a little too neatly but every show has little nitpick flubs in the writing.

I love The Good Wife and since it's the only thing that I watch on Tuesday night I figured I could add another show if I like it enough. Even though they come on at the same time I have two VCR's (yes, VCR, not DVR ). I usually watch TGW the next day because I never know if I can stay awake long enough.

I look forward to seeing the characters develop and hope the network doesn't pull the plug too quickly as they are prone to do these days. I do wonder though why it's coming on now when for the last couple of months most shows have been in reruns. To me that would have been the right time to introduce a new show. Now that the regular shows are showing new episodes through the end of the season, new shows will have a hard time finding a foothold among all the upcoming season finales.

Off topic, I'm looking forward to the new series The Killing on AMC which debuts this coming Sunday.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

My daughter and I watched it and we also noticed the "House" overtones as well as a bit of "Bones" in the questioning. We are going to give it a bit more time as well since they did give the backstory of the chacters in the same hour.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

My husband and I watched the pilot of this show last night and we quite liked it. I wish I could act like that at work and get away with it!!! I definitely felt the shades of Bones and maybe a little House. I don't think she's supposed to be quite as disagreeable as him. It seemed they showed more of her underlying vulnerability (or that was just good acting) because I definitely felt sympathetic for her character. As a woman who works in a professional field dominated by men where companies make you feel that you can't be successful unless you work 60+ hours per week and lord help you if you want to have a family life, I can somewhat identify with the decisions the character has had to make and live with the results of. Plus, her partner is cute and funny - he will ground her. I think this show has potential and I already liked it more than TGW.
    I was happy to see Jeri Ryan
    Me too!! I said to DH - 7 of 9 is the Boss - Awesome!!!

I very much enjoyed the pilot episode and will continue to watch, at least for a while. There is a special episode this Sunday night in additional to the regularly scheduled Tuesday night one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

We enjoyed it. Can remember Dana Delaney from her China Beach days. She's held up well. I like the spunk her character has. House can be mean just for the sake of being mean, where Dr. Megan Hunt seems to be protecting herself from more pain and anguish.

Two new episodes (one on Sunday and another on the regular Tuesday) in the next week. Will watch both and see if I am still as eager.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I liked it, but I didn't love it. I expected to love it. I don't know what was missing, but something was. I did love the ending, with the cake & note from her daughter.

I know it's been over promoted, but for some reason this time that didn't bother me, it just made me look forward to it.
    I'll still watch for a few weeks to see if it "catches" me. I like the fact that it is on later, when I'm always home & ready to sit down & relax with a decent show.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Dicechick View Post
    My daughter and I watched it and we also noticed the "House" overtones as well as a bit of "Bones" in the questioning. We are going to give it a bit more time as well since they did give the backstory of the chacters in the same hour.
    I also thought they were going for the smart aleck overtones of Castle..it was a pretty good show...not a must watch but still good
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    We enjoyed it. Can remember Dana Delaney from her China Beach days. She's held up well. I like the spunk her character has. House can be mean just for the sake of being mean, where Dr. Megan Hunt seems to be protecting herself from more pain and anguish.

Two new episodes (one on Sunday and another on the regular Tuesday) in the next week. Will watch both and see if I am still as eager.
    I knew I remembered her from some other show. I loved China Beach. I'll check the show out. It looks good.

+ Reply to Thread