+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

Re: Body of Proof

I just voted for Body of Proof a whole lot of times & the only thing that budged is Community. Going up to 28%.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Body of Proof is at 28.2% but Community is at 29.5 so we need to vote refresh and vote again and again..keep up the good work sad thing is is that the several years our votes for save a show hasn't saved the show anyway but I don't give up

I know that some people have what is called a BOT program that they can set up to vote vote and re vote all day and night but I don't how to get ahold of such a thing and in a way I think that would be considered cheating but it doesn't stop others from using it and it maybe while Community is ahead at this step in the voting process
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Sorry, but I've been voting for Community. Community is inventive and funny. Body of Proof is prosaic and could easily be replaced by any other lightweight crime-solving woman program.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

At Save One Show: Vote for the Winner! - E! Online, they've removed the results from displaying...we can't see them until Monday.

So keep voting (for whatever your favorite is!).

FORT Newbie

Thanks for that info. I didn't get to vote yesterday(sat) so today I noticed the change and was beginning to wonder if all those votes I cast over the past week counted. I never got a thankyou messaged just the poll reults after voting. I also noticed that the page is loading much faster today then previously. Friday evening it keep freezing up.

Will keep voting on and off till the deadline. Good Luck Body of Proof!!!

It's cool if the show wins that poll, but I don't think the network takes that too much into account when making their decision to renew. TV Guide had a "Save This Show" cover at least once a year (don't know if they still do that) and some of those shows got canceled anyway.

I hope it gets renewed, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Newbie

Critical... I look at it this way. It can't hurt. I hope it gets renewed, will be disappointed if it doesn't, but it's not the end of the world lol. For me this is my chance to let them know that we ARE watching it. We are like many out there who kept our standard def. tv, use a converter box and rabbit ears LOL. We don't have cable, dvr, tivo etc, not a neilson family, so we are not counted in the ratings..

Back to voting lol...

While we wait to hear about the fate of our show, I thought I'd pass this along since it related to our earlier discussion of the "all important 18-24 demo"

From a web article titled, "8 products the Facebook Generation will not buy"
    8. Television
    Adults aged 18 to 24 watch less traditional television than any other age group in the country, according to Nielsen’s most recent Cross Platform Report. That group, on average, watches just under 24 hours per week. The national average is approximately 32.5 hours. One of the leading reasons for this difference is Generation Y’s relationship with the Internet. According to a report published in April 2010 by electronics review/research company Retrevo, 23% of those under 25 watch “most” of their television online, compared to 8% for everyone.

Read more: Eight Products the Facebook Generation Will Not Buy - 24/7 Wall St. Eight Products the Facebook Generation Will Not Buy - 24/7 Wall St.
    So, they have statistical evidence that this group does not watch as much TV but yet continue to insist that that's the group they want to target with their programming. If this isn't an example of an exercise in futility, then I don't know what is!! LOL

Oh - and we didn't win the EW poll.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

MiaT2, I was going to like your post...until the last line :-( Oh, well...we'll see.

(And yeah, "exercise in futility" sounds about right. Let's target the group that isn't even watching.)

I am going to be very ticked off if they do cancel this show. I'm still steaming over the cancellation of Men of A Certain Age and Hawthorne! Man, that really bothers me. It's difficult to believe that no one wanted those two shows.

+ Reply to Thread