+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

Re: Body of Proof

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    We watched this show for the first time last week, and then the second part of it this week. I didn't mind the medical terminology, but I didn't like the show because it just seemed too cheesy for me. The writing is bad. She's a prickly, but always right, non-feeling professional. When the CDC comes in, she fights them and makes them look stupid. Etc...etc... So many eye-rolling moments in this show. And, the acting seems really forced. I guess it's because the script is so bad.

It's possible that the reason this show isn't making it isn't because it's too intellectual, but because it's just bad.
    As someone who's watched every episode of the series, I'm going to respectfully disagree with your entire post.

I'm really hoping that the bump in ratings bodes well for renewal!

I think that Dana Delaney is just a sexy, attractive woman, so there's really no way to NOT have her be that on this show. I like that they portray her as desirable and sexy and she's not 25. At 44,Jeri Ryan is 12 years younger than DD, but she's not considered young by Hollywood standards either. I love that this show has two sexy, beautiful and (most importantly) smart female characters who are "older" than what we usually see on TV. On many shows, these two characters would be 35, tops.
    Florimel, Bearcata, GabbyG and 3 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    As someone who's watched every episode of the series, I'm going to respectfully disagree with your entire post.

I'm really hoping that the bump in ratings bodes well for renewal!

I think that Dana Delaney is just a sexy, attractive woman, so there's really no way to NOT have her be that on this show. I like that they portray her as desirable and sexy and she's not 25. At 44,Jeri Ryan is 12 years younger than DD, but she's not considered young by Hollywood standards either. I love that this show has two sexy, beautiful and (most importantly) smart female characters who are "older" than what we usually see on TV. On many shows, these two characters would be 35, tops.
    44 and 56 ... I didn't realize. They were in the DWTS Results audience on Tuesday and both looked great!

I still remember Jeri from Star Trek Voyager as Seven of Nine and Dana as the Nurse on China Beach. OMG ... we all got older !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    44 and 56 ... I didn't realize. They were in the DWTS Results audience on Tuesday and both looked great!

I still remember Jeri from Star Trek Voyager as Seven of Nine and Dana as the Nurse on China Beach. OMG ... we all got older !
    China Beach is one of my top 5 favorite shows ever. I'm a huge DD fan and will watch anything she's in, but I particularly like this show.

The thing I like about both Jeri and Dana is that, although they aren't 25 any more and maybe they've had work done, they don't LOOK like they've had a bunch of work done. They're still attractive and sexy, but they don't look like they're 32 or trying to look 32. Of course, they definitely got lucky, genetically!
    FireWoman and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    I don't usually watch this show, but I tuned in for Nick Stahl. He played a great role, as expected. Luke Perry was a nice surprise! Hope his character sticks around.
    I really enjoy Nick Stahl and would like to see him get more consistent work. I still get angry at HBO for what they did to Carnivale. Grrr.

Re: Jeri Ryan - She will always be Seven of Nine for me. I bet she could still rock the catsuit too. I do agree that she and Dana are aging beautifully without feeling the need to conform to H'wood's "standards"
    FireWoman likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Jeri Ryan also did a great job as the grifter on Leverage when she filled in for the pregnant Gina Bellman for half a season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I enjoy this show. To me, Dana Delaney is a role model.

I watch with my daughter, who had the diagnosis pretty much figured out last week. She was inspired to love all things germy by her 7th grade science teacher (a former employee of the CDC).
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm a little confused. Why didn't they think the dead bodies were contagious?

Where is Megan's ex-husband?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Where is Megan's ex-husband?
    I thought he got a job offer and moved to CA. Remember when he was going to take Lacey with him last season?
    Debb70 likes this.

Okay. I've missed a couple of shows. I do remember that now that you mention it. I guess she's living with her mom full time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought he got a job offer and moved to CA. Remember when he was going to take Lacey with him last season?
    I thought he turned down that job when Lacey said that she didn't want to leave? Oh, never mind...I just used Wikipedia to read through the episode recaps, and it said that he accepted the job. But IMDB says that he was in three episodes after that one. (The last one was just at the end of February, but damned if I can remember why he was in that one.)

+ Reply to Thread