+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Body of Proof

Re: Body of Proof

I not so secretly wish Luke Perry could stay around longer. Take Kate up on that offer!
    I enjoyed the two-parter and the finale looks good. Let's just hope it's good enough to be a season and not a series ender.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I not so secretly wish Luke Perry could stay around longer. Take Kate up on that offer!
    I enjoyed the two-parter and the finale looks good. Let's just hope it's good enough to be a season and not a series ender.
    Yes!! I think an extended guest arc would be great! I liked his interactions with MEgan and their mutual found respect for one another.

Bearcata - it's so funny but I don't think I ever remember feeling that they were pushing Dana as a "hot babe". Maybe the first season - I can't recall. I do like her fashion sense though (and her endless collection of great shoes!)
    JavaJo likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Yes!! I think an extended guest arc would be great! I liked his interactions with MEgan and their mutual found respect for one another.

Bearcata - it's so funny but I don't think I ever remember feeling that they were pushing Dana as a "hot babe". Maybe the first season - I can't recall. I do like her fashion sense though (and her endless collection of great shoes!)
    It's the way they float the sheet over the body and they always take these shots of her shoes and legs. I kinda like now though.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Originally Posted by Bearcata
    At first I was not planning on watching the show as I didn't like the way ABC was pushing the show and Dana Delaney as a "hot babe". I did catch it On Demand and surprising found I like it very much. Reminds me a bit of Quincy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I said the same thing about Quincy when the show first started. Always enjoyed Jack Klugman as Quincy.
    For a moment I thought you meant Jack Klugman was being pushed as a "hot babe" on Quincy.
    As much as I've always liked Jack Klugman, there are some things he's just NOT.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

We watched this show for the first time last week, and then the second part of it this week. I didn't mind the medical terminology, but I didn't like the show because it just seemed too cheesy for me. The writing is bad. She's a prickly, but always right, non-feeling professional. When the CDC comes in, she fights them and makes them look stupid. Etc...etc... So many eye-rolling moments in this show. And, the acting seems really forced. I guess it's because the script is so bad.

It's possible that the reason this show isn't making it isn't because it's too intellectual, but because it's just bad.

I've never been a fan of Dana Delaney, but I love her in this. I guess it just took the right show. I like the other cast too. Their interaction goes well together.
    Something about it keeps me paying attention. That's a definite plus for me. I have a bad(?) habit of doing other stuff while watching TV because it doesn't always keep my attention.

I hope this stays for next season.
    MiaT2 and Debb70 like this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

I've found that as the seasons have progressed, they've softened Dana's character somewhat. Which is a really good thing. I really didn't like her in the first few episodes of the first season. I originally stuck around for the other actors and am glad I did!

FORT Fogey

I don't usually watch this show, but I tuned in for Nick Stahl. He played a great role, as expected. Luke Perry was a nice surprise! Hope his character sticks around.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    I don't usually watch this show, but I tuned in for Nick Stahl. He played a great role, as expected. Luke Perry was a nice surprise! Hope his character sticks around.
    3 episode story arc.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    We watched this show for the first time last week, and then the second part of it this week. I didn't mind the medical terminology, but I didn't like the show because it just seemed too cheesy for me. The writing is bad. She's a prickly, but always right, non-feeling professional. When the CDC comes in, she fights them and makes them look stupid. Etc...etc... So many eye-rolling moments in this show. And, the acting seems really forced. I guess it's because the script is so bad.

It's possible that the reason this show isn't making it isn't because it's too intellectual, but because it's just bad.
    I do like this show in particular and learn from it. Maybe I'm dumb and not the script? Seriously it may be just that we have a lot of Medical Examiners who have been given prominent and/or leading roles. I can't remember all of their names, but there's Ducky on NCIS and he even has an assistant (Parker?) who is featured, Isles is the ME on Rizzoli and Isles, there is an ME that Castle's daughter is working with ... and assorted others and CSI's etc., etc.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread