+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Borgias on Showtime

Re: The Borgias on Showtime

HEY EVERYBODY,

Season 2 of THE BORGIAS started Sunday night April 8th. The Borgias Episode Guide: Episode Guide to Premiere Season

In the Season 2 premiere, Pope Alexander VI takes a new lover and throws a grand, pagan fete for the citizens of Rome when a cache of ancient artifacts is discovered; the rivalry between brothers Cesare and Juan spills into the streets; Lucrezia tends to her newborn child; now a pastoral priest once again, Della Rovere narrowly escapes an assassination attempt.

Is anyone watching? I do not have Showtime right now should I get it? I watched Season 1 and loved it but just did not want to spend the money for Showtime. I am deeply involved with GAME OF THRONES and with Time Warner I had to pick Cinemax with my HBO I could not get Showtime. I can have Showtime if I want to pay full price your thoughts????
    KAREN

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Omigosh! I was so excited about Game of Thrones, I missed The Borgias. Thanks for the reminder. I will catch it on demand.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Is anyone watching? I do not have Showtime right now should I get it? I watched Season 1 and loved it but just did not want to spend the money for Showtime. I am deeply involved with GAME OF THRONES and with Time Warner I had to pick Cinemax with my HBO I could not get Showtime. I can have Showtime if I want to pay full price your thoughts????
    I watched the first 3 episodes of Season 2 last nigh on demand, and I'm sooo hoooked!

Momrek - you can watch this series on "alternative" online sites. Just Google for it. It's free!
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I watched the first 3 episodes of Season 2 last nigh on demand, and I'm sooo hoooked!

Momrek - you can watch this series on "alternative" online sites. Just Google for it. It's free!
    Thanks so much, Poppy!!!
    KAREN

One of my friends recently got Showtime so she could watch The Big C and that ran right into the Borgias so she watched that, too, and became intrigued. She didn't know who they were, but I mentioned the name, Lucretia, and she got it. She doesn't own a computer - refuses to do so - and has no way to research the show...but, she was intrigued and will definitely watch again.

BTW I don't have Showtime or HBO so I'm missing out. I just got my cable bill reduced and I'm not adding to it. Anyway, she'll keep me up to date. LOL Then, again, I can search out the first season on Netflix.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    . . . BTW I don't have Showtime or HBO so I'm missing out. I just got my cable bill reduced and I'm not adding to it. Anyway, she'll keep me up to date. LOL Then, again, I can search out the first season on Netflix.
    If it's any comfort, I don't think you're missing much. Season 2 is starting to seriously bore me. It doesn't have the edge-of-your-seat drama that the first season delivered. This board has been very quiet, hasn't it?

I'm still watching, though.
    FireWoman likes this.

i watched the first 3 episodes but then I too had to reduce the cable bill...just getting too expensive so I cut showtime....no big loss but the episodes I did see just didn't do anything for me..I would have rather they brought back Camelot
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Was last night's episode the season finale?

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    Was last night's episode the season finale?
    Yeah, I believe so. What a season finale! It seems like they've approved a season 3. Wonder what we are in store for.

I've been watching every week, and it's been a kind of depressing history lesson. Much of what we've seen is recorded in history. Some of what we've seen is based on what was written about the Borgias after they died - and couldn't put gossip and speculation to rest. I'm inclined to believe most of the stories of the Borgia men's ruthlessness, but historians seem to mostly agree that Lucretia was wrongfully malgined in a guilt-by-association kind of way.

I'll be watching Season 3, for sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast